Cliff Joyner and how he won last night

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
here's a couple of screen grabs from last night action at The Green Room.

1st one is last game (hill-hill), to see who plays in the finals. Cliff makes a nice shot with a double bank on the 14, he needed 1, Danny Smith needed them all.
smithjoyner.jpg

So now it's Billy Young and Ciff in the finals, they are hill hill, it's a few shots after the break. Why he chose this, is beyond me, but it certainly didn't have favorable results. Cliff ran 8 and out and won the tourney.

Billy Young shoots the 6 into the rail trying to kick the 13 over to his pocket. He also FOLLOWS the cueball. This is what happens... he shoots the 6 into the rail, the 6 brushes on the bottom side of the 13 which means it just kisses into the 1 and stops with both of those balls there, the 13 goes over to his rail and banks back towards Cliffs pocket. Oh, and the cueball that he followed, it kisses off the 3 ball and heads close to Cliff's pocket. So his shot basically moved the cueball, the 13 and the 6 all together right in front of Ciff's pocket.

What would you have done?

Before the shot
youngjoyner.JPG

After the shot
youngjoyner2.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
what would I do

what would I do

I'd probably shoot the same shot BY shot. From here it looks as though he just hit it bad. I might shoot the shot on page#2 and try to not make the 6 ball. Page # 3 is also an option.
Rod.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AUGg4BFql3CHeX4DFjb3EOOx4FCwX4GBjn4HIlB3IJhh3JXKh3KSwK4LBrK3MVcq3NFIx3OVRy4PNQe@3AUGg4BFql3CHeX4DFjb3EOOx4FCwX4GBjn4HIlB3IJhh3JXKh3KSwK4LBrK3MVcq3NFIx3OVRy4PNQe4aCwX3abxs4aRdn4aYfM4kNQe4kFBQ4kDNW4kGHV@3AUGg4BFql3CHeX4DFjb3EOOx4FCwX4GBjn4HIlB3IJhh3JXSh3KSwK4LBrK3MVcq3NFIx3OVRy4PNQe3eXSh3ebtl3eRoD4kNQe3kWMe2kbwj2kVMB@[/CUETABLE]