ONE POCKET FINAL 11/19 - 10 AM CST - Joey Gray Vs Ronnie Alcano.

TvMike

Verified Member
Olathe - One Pocket Finals 10 AM CST - Joey Gray Vs Ronnie Alcano

I am going to post this now since I'm going to be super busy running two channels tomorrow here in OLATHE.

The One Pocket Shooters finals will be at 10 AM CST time because were running late tonight and if we did it tonight it could be 6 am,
Joey Gray from Oklahoma coming from the B side to possibly beat Ronnie Alcano from the Philippines in two sets races to 3.
Tune in for the all the action.

https://billiardnet.tv/channels/shooters-billiards-olathe-ks/

Attachments

• justin1.jpg
    justin1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've played this tournament close to 20 times, and I just found out a rule I'd not been aware of.

Ronnie Alcano asked if he could jump. I told him he could, but he had to use his regular cue. Joey was nearby and said I was wrong, that Mark Dimick had used one against hima dozen times. Hard to figure Joey was wrong, so Ronnie got his jump stick and fired away.

I still thought this must be wrong, so I went to ask. Yup I was wrong. Jump cues permitted. In thinking it over I decided I shouldn't be so surprised. Evelyn and Danny Dysart who run the Midwest 9-ball Tour are almost exclusively involved with rotation games. Dan Tull at Shooters may have the only one of their tour stops where the aggravation and cost of one-pocket is welcome.

To rotation players (this is actually a quote from Danny Dysart) "It's just another shot." Maybe rotation players just can't imagine what it would be like to tour the changing mazes in our heads. :D

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I've played this tournament close to 20 times, and I just found out a rule I'd not been aware of.

Ronnie Alcano asked if he could jump. I told him he could, but he had to use his regular cue. Joey was nearby and said I was wrong, that Mark Dimick had used one against hima dozen times. Hard to figure Joey was wrong, so Ronnie got his jump stick and fired away.

I still thought this must be wrong, so I went to ask. Yup I was wrong. Jump cues permitted. In thinking it over I decided I shouldn't be so surprised. Evelyn and Danny Dysart who run the Midwest 9-ball Tour are almost exclusively involved with rotation games. Dan Tull at Shooters may have the only one of their tour stops where the aggravation and cost of one-pocket is welcome.

To rotation players (this is actually a quote from Danny Dysart) "It's just another shot." Maybe rotation players just can't imagine what it would be like to tour the changing mazes in our heads. :D

as always, good to see you and make jay's acquaintance as well.
:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
as always, good to see you and make jay's acquaintance as well.
:)

Same here, but it didn't work out for us to spend as much time together as I had hoped. Tell Lou I watched Alcano very closely and decided he does play one pocket a little bit.

Remember me for a ball cleaner when you get through all the orders... no rush, but any time.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Same here, but it didn't work out for us to spend as much time together as I had hoped. Tell Lou I watched Alcano very closely and decided he does play one pocket a little bit.

Remember me for a ball cleaner when you get through all the orders... no rush, but any time.

I played Alcano at Hard Times in one of our tourneys a few years back. Worst thing to do was put him in a trap. He would just go for something and run out.:D

He played with a funny looking orange cue too.