JUST IN!! New evidence surfaces in Da Beard teaching Efren onepocket!!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Breaking news:
[for immediate release to all media outlets]
May 16, 2011

There has been new evidence discovered, in Da Beard teaches Efren onepocket controversy. As you all know, there has been a volatile relationship between Da Duck and Da Beard for quite some time. One of the many squabbles has been the claim of Da Beard teaching Efren onepocket in Chicago back in the mid 80's when Efren first came to the States. Da Beard stated that Efren hung around Chicago Billiard Cafe for about a year and during that year, both Da Beard and another player (was it Da Cardone?) helped tutor young Effie in the game of onepocket.

Efren was green around the ears when it came to onepocket, and with Da Beard's help, he quickly caught on to it. We all know what the words "Efren" and "onepocket" conjure up.

Da Beard has produced a document in the form of a Executive West (former home of the DCC) notepad sheet with the words TO - Freddie Thangs for Teching me one pocket Efren "Bata" Reyes.

This document, which I was able to find using the search function, is aptly named efren plug (459x600).jpg and presumably was scanned by Da Beard and subsequently named by Da Beard and offered for proof in his case.

In one of many posts regarding this matter, Da Beard posted this comment...
Fred Bentivegna said:
As long as I am at it, I am including the evidence of another claim I made re where Efren learned 1pkt. (Around here you must have evidence because there is a constant Police presence looking out for others -- or so they think-- much like our govt.)
and attached the document below to bolster his case.
efren plug (459 x 600).jpg

Upon Da Duck reading his post, he responded to Da Beard's claim with this message...
SJDinPHX said:
Sorry Fred, the "Pool Police" will need more concrete evidence, than a few hastily scrawled autographs on a napkin. Sincerety escapes people, when asked for an autograph...they are flattered..
As you can see, Da Beard is in a tough spot. Without having his document submitted for forensic testing, including handwriting analysis to determine if it's Efren's writing, DNA extraction to determine if Efren touched the document, and paper comparison to determine if that paper did indeed, come from the Executive West notepads, Da Beard's claim is unsupported, if anyone dared contest it.

Enter the new evidence in support of Da Beard's claims, regarding teaching young Effie onepocket in the mid 80's. This new evidence was culled from a live TAR broadcast of the finals of the 2011 US Open Onepocket Championship held in Las Vegas. It was about 2:55 am CST on May 16, 2011. Efren Reyes was putting a beat down on Chris Gentile (who coincidentally is from Chicago) and went on to win the tournament. {editors note: Chris Gentile had a great tournament and showed everyone his top level onepocket skills, just wasn't enough that night to overcome the Magician}

Steve Booth pulled Efren aside and held a short interview. There is no indication that any of this was rehearsed. Cameras recorded Efren during that time and it did not appear that Steve had a private conversation with Efren before this interview.

During the interview, at one point Steve made the comment that Chris was playing a "Chicago style" onepocket game. The new evidence is introduced at this point, with Efren's response to that question.

I have attached the entire interview to show complete context. The chain of custody is as follows:

1. extracted from a live broadcast by myself
2. imported into a video editing program to extract the audio track and drop the video track
3. imported into a audio editing program to find the new evidence and try to improve the quality
4. isolated the evidence piece and slowed it down
5. isolated the same evidence piece and slowed it down even further
6. copied both of these edited pieces to the end of the audio track
7. saved file as mp3 and uploaded to my web hosting server

{NOTE: The audio has not been cleaned up or altered in any other way, then what was described above. I didn't have time too.}

So, what you are about to hear is the interview audio only. It will play thru at normal speed. At the end of the interview, you will hear a short 4 second statement, that you heard earlier in the interview by Efren, slowed down to be sure of what he is saying. You will hear that same statement played again right after it, and played even slower.

Efren is a little hard to understand and I wanted to be sure of what he was saying. Even though Steve says "They" taught you how.. you can clearly head the ''duuuuuuhhhhhhh" sound. Remember it plays thru live 1st, then then the relevant piece is replayed twice at the end..

I think in light of this new evidence, there should be no one that should dispute that Da Beard, did in fact, help Efren with his onepocket game when he first moved to the states.

Anyone that has soiled Da Beard's reputation by casting doubt on his claim of this, should retract their accusations and apologize on this public forum.

Now as far as the 1385 other statements that have been called into question by Da Duck, we will have to attack those one at a time as time and opportunity permit

Thank you.

Please understand, I am not on either man's side. I am impartial, as I like both guys. So this evidence is strictly unbiased, and the introduction of this evidence by myself, is not a indication of me favoring one over the other. It's made solely for the benefit of my forum friends..... oh.. what the hell.... I got a crazy ass idea, I liked it, I thougt it would be great fun and a lot of people would get a kick out of it:D

The Investigative offices of CaliRed

CLICK HERE FOR THE NEW EVIDENCE

if you have any problems with this playing in your web browser, just right click on the link above and choose Save As and save it somewhere and then go dbl click on it.

Oh... one more thing....

:D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I didn't listen to this interview, but let me just say this...

I don't understand what all of the big to-do is anyway about this..:confused:..meaning to say...

Efren was hanging out/staying in Chicago for awhile way back then.

He didn't know One Pocket very well at that time.

Freddy knows the game of One Pocket very, very well and lives and plays in Chicago.

So Efren made a point of soaking up as much One Pocket knowledge as he could from Freddy while in Chicago.

Ok, so what's the big deal, or so surprising about that?...pretty normal turn of events, I would say.

- Ghost

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
I didn't listen to this interview, but let me just say this...

I don't understand what all of the big to-do is anyway about this..:confused:..meaning to say...

Efren was hanging out/staying in Chicago for awhile way back then.

He didn't know One Pocket very well at that time.

Freddy knows the game of One Pocket very, very well and lives and plays in Chicago.

So Efren made a point of soaking up as much One Pocket knowledge as he could from Freddy while in Chicago.

Ok, so what's the big deal, or so surprising about that?...pretty normal turn of events, I would say.

- Ghost

Uhhhh... are you saying that you are taking this on a serious level? Even for a moment? It is not so far over the top??.. being written like a criminal investigator...... ????

wow.. i'm speechless.

If anyone else does not "get this", please let me know by PM or express your views here.

I want to know if my sense of humor is unable to penetrate the masses, after doing so well for 50 years.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
CaliRed said:
Uhhhh... are you saying that you are taking this on a serious level? Even for a moment? It is not so far over the top??.. being written like a criminal investigator...... ????

wow.. i'm speechless.

If anyone else does not "get this", please let me know by PM or express your views here.

I want to know if my sense of humor is unable to penetrate the masses, after doing so well for 50 years.

No Greg...I wasn't really referring to your current thread - I was really commenting on the whole silly dispute going back to the beginning.

- Ghost

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
No Greg...I wasn't really referring to your current thread - I was really commenting on the whole silly dispute going back to the beginning.

- Ghost

that was the whole basis of the entire post I made. The fact that Dick was needling Freddy about everything he said. Since they had this long running spat going back and forth on this one particular topic, when I had that quote dropped in my lap by Efren himself, saying it without any sort of prompting to do so.. I thought this is great!

So that is where my post came from... making it so over the top, like it was some big crime investigation with chain of custody on evidence and the whole 9 yards.. to might light of the whole thing and at the end of the fun and jokes... a confirmation from Efren himself, leaving no doubt that what Freddy said was true.

I thought my post was pretty good stuff.

I look forward to Dick coming up with a way to wiggle out of this new "evidence"

I know he will find it very funny.

I hope everyone else did too, especially the regulars that have been thru all this stuff and know all the background.

I would have put smilie faces to make sure everyone knew I was joiking the whole way, but it won't let me put 69 smiles in a post.

So I saved up and made one big one at the very bottom.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
One mistake in the investigation

One mistake in the investigation

CaliRed said:
Breaking news:
May 16, 2011

There has been new evidence discovered, in Da Beard teaches Efren onepocket controversy. As you all know, there has been a volatile relationship between Da Duck and Da Beard for quite some time. One of the many squabbles has been the claim of Da Beard teaching Efren onepocket in Chicago back in the mid 80's when Efren first came to the States. Da Beard stated that Efren hung around Bensingers for about a year and during that year, both Da Beard and another player (was it Da Cardone?) helped tutor young Effie in the game of onepocket.
I never said Efren hung around Bensingers, because he was never in the joint. It was closed then. The room Effie hung at was the Chicago Billiard Cafe. I think Red just assumed I meant Bensingers. Beard

Efren was green around the ears when it came to onepocket, and with Da Beard's help, he quickly caught on to it. We all know what the words "Efren" and "onepocket" conjure up.

Da Beard has produced a document in the form of a Executive West (former home of the DCC) notepad sheet with the words TO - Freddie Thangs for Teching me one pocket Efren "Bata" Reyes.

This document, which I was able to find using the search function, is aptly named efren plug (459x600).jpg and presumably was scanned by Da Beard and subsequently named by Da Beard and offered for proof in his case.

In one of many posts regarding this matter, Da Beard posted this comment...Originally Posted by Fred Bentivegna
As long as I am at it, I am including the evidence of another claim I made re where Efren learned 1pkt. (Around here you must have evidence because there is a constant Police presence looking out for others -- or so they think-- much like our govt.)

View attachment 3018

Upon Da Duck reading his post, he responded to Da Beard's claim with this message...

Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
Sorry Fred, the "Pool Police" will need more concrete evidence, than a few hastily scrawled autographs on a napkin. Sincerety escapes people, when asked for an autograph...they are flattered..[
/I]

That auto-g was not written on a napkin, but hotel stationery. A napkin is what SJD probably needs to wipe the drool that is emanating from his mouth and dripping on his HoverRound as he proceeds into his dotage. Beard

As you can see, Da Beard is in a tough spot. Without having his document submitted for forensic testing, including handwriting analysis to determine if it's Efren's writing, DNA extraction to determine if Efren touched the document, and paper comparison to determine if that paper did indeed, come from the Executive West notepads, Da Beard's claim is unsupported, if anyone dared contest it.

Enter the new evidence in support of Da Beard's claims, regarding teaching young Effie onepocket in the mid 80's. This new evidence was culled from a live TAR broadcast of the finals of the 2011 US Open Onepocket Championship held in Las Vegas. It was about 2:55 am CST on May 16, 2011. Efren Reyes was putting a beat down on Chris Gentile (who coincidentally is from Chicago) and went on to win the tournament. {editors note: Chris Gentile had a great tournament and showed everyone his top level onepocket skills, just wasn't enough that night to overcome the Magician}

Steve Booth pulled Efren aside and held a short interview. There is no indication that any of this was rehearsed. Cameras recorded Efren during that time and it did not appear that Steve had a private conversation with Efren before this interview.

During the interview, at one point Steve made the comment that Chris was playing a "Chicago style" onepocket game. The new evidence is introduced at this point, with Efren's response to that question.

I have attached the entire interview to show complete context. The chain of custody is as follows:

2. imported into a video editing program to extract the audio track and drop the video track
3. imported into a audio editing program to find the new evidence and try to improve the quality

{NOTE: The audio has not been cleaned up or altered in any other way, then what was described above. I didn't have time too.}

So, what you are about to hear is the interview audio only. It will play thru at normal speed. At the end of the interview, you will hear a short 4 second statement, that you heard earlier in the interview by Efren, slowed down to be sure of what he is saying. You will hear that same statement played again right after it, and played even slower.

Efren is a little hard to understand and I wanted to be sure of what he was saying. Even though Steve says "They" taught you how.. you can clearly head the ''duuuuuuhhhhhhh" sound. Remember it plays thru live 1st, then then the relevant piece is replayed twice at the end..

I think in light of this new evidence, there should be no one that should dispute that Da Beard, did in fact, help Efren with his onepocket game when he first moved to the states.

Anyone that has soiled Da Beard's reputation by casting doubt on his claim of this, should retract their accusations and apologize on this public forum.

Now as far as the 1385 other statements that have been called into question by Da Duck, we will have to attack those one at a time as time and opportunity permit

Thank you.

Please understand, I am not on either man's side. I am impartial, as I like both guys. So this evidence is strictly unbiased, and the introduction of this evidence by myself, is not a indication of me favoring one over the other. It's made solely for the benefit of my forum friends..... oh.. what the hell.... I got a crazy ass idea, I liked it, I thougt it would be great fun and a lot of people would get a kick out of it:D

if you have any problems with this playing in your web browser, just right click on the link above and choose Save As and save it somewhere and then go dbl click on it.

Oh... one more thing....

Lets see that idiot HoverRound his way out of this.

Beard

Last edited:

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
CaliRed said:
Breaking news:
May 16, 2011

There has been new evidence discovered, in Da Beard teaches Efren onepocket controversy. As you all know, there has been a volatile relationship between Da Duck and Da Beard for quite some time. One of the many squabbles has been the claim of Da Beard teaching Efren onepocket in Chicago back in the mid 80's when Efren first came to the States. Da Beard stated that Efren hung around Bensingers for about a year and during that year, both Da Beard and another player (was it Da Cardone?) helped tutor young Effie in the game of onepocket.

View attachment 3018

Thank you.

Oh... one more thing....

Cali, Freddy taught Efren at the Chicago Billiard Cafe not Bensingers.
I was witness to it and would swear under oath in a court of law.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
philwelch said:
Cali, Freddy taught Efren at the Chicago Billiard Cafe not Bensingers.
I was witness to it and would swear under oath in a court of law.

My apologies for getting that fact wrong... I should have went thru the proper fact checking procedure so I had all my ducks in a row, but I got a lot of hits on my search trying to find out all the details on how it all started:D

I"ll correct that part now.

Hope everyone got a good laugh out of it though.. I had a good time writing it.:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Lets see that idiot HoverRound his way out of this.

Beard

THe Bottom line with no extra or bull shit. Give Freddty his dues and respect.

For teaching Eferine the gam,e off one pocket. Whats so hard too belive.

The man was a great shooter maybe the greatest ever. And he wanted to learn ther game off one pocket.

And Freddy dud a freat job. So excepte the trith or go kill yourself. Maybe that will stop you from. Trying too crusifie him.

And I herd it about 2p years ago from different people about a hundred times.

And Freddy did a great job. And Eferine still has lots off room for improvement .And learning the game.

Because its his skills and ability that is winning wright now. And eferine could improve with knowledge another 20%. And he would be the greatest.

But untill that happins Its treal close between like 6 or 8 people.

But he could be the greatest off all times. All by hinself. And he plays strong enough too still win in todays times.

If he would learn it qwpuld be sary howe great he could be.He wpuld be untouchable.
And the same goes for Alex and other people. Knowledge would nake one person the greatest.

And Eral Strickland is in this class too. And if he would listen he would be the greatest player ub the world.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Professional help was avaiable....

Professional help was avaiable....

Artie Bodendorfer said:
THe Bottom line with no extra or bull shit. Give Freddty his dues and respect.

For teaching Eferine the gam,e off one pocket. Whats so hard too belive.

The man was a great shooter maybe the greatest ever. And he wanted to learn ther game off one pocket.

And Freddy dud a freat job. So excepte the trith or go kill yourself. Maybe that will stop you from. Trying too crusifie him.

And I herd it about 2p years ago from different people about a hundred times.

And Freddy did a great job. And Eferine still has lots off room for improvement .And learning the game.

Because its his skills and t is winning wright now. And eferine could improve with knowledge another 20%. And he would be the greatest.

But untill that happins Its treal close between like 6 or 8 people.

But he could be the greatest off all times. All by hinself. And he plays strong enough too still win in todays times.

If he would learn it qwpuld be sary howe great he could be.He wpuld be untouchable.
And the same goes for Alex and other people. Knowledge would nake one person the greatest.

And Eral Strickland is in this class too. And if he would listen he would be the greatest player ub the world.

Artie, just think how much better player Efren would have become, had he come to San Jose for his training... instead of [sic] Chicago ? His end game (which Freddy has often critiized) would be so much stronger...:p :p :p

The Duck <---Wants FBI type proof, that the audio was not dubbed over, and Effy was not threatend with his life (and all his family) if he did not write the hastily scrawled words on a napkin..obviously with an Ex. West letterhead superimposed on it...handwriting analysis is needed, and DNA evidence would be nice too...:rolleyes:

PS..I bet on Chris Gentile (a great player, despite being from Chicago) all the way...Until I blew it all back getting 3 to 1 on the final. Obviously a Beard engineered dump...:cool:

Last edited:

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
CaliRed said:
Breaking news:
May 16, 2011

There has been new evidence discovered, in Da Beard teaches Efren onepocket controversy. As you all know, there has been a volatile relationship between Da Duck and Da Beard for quite some time. One of the many squabbles has been the claim of Da Beard teaching Efren onepocket in Chicago back in the mid 80's when Efren first came to the States. Da Beard stated that Efren hung around Chicago Billiard Cafe for about a year and during that year, both Da Beard and another player (was it Da Cardone?) helped tutor young Effie in the game of onepocket.

View attachment 3018

Thank you.

Oh... one more thing....

Cali,
That is some funny, er, uh, I mean that is some great investigative reporting sir!
If only Roswell or the "Birther" controversy was investigated like that,,,,,
When you had the replay of Efren saying what he did about the Beard slowed down & repeated over at the end, I was laughing out loud!

That was a very good post! :D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Artie, just think how much better player he would have become, had he come to San Jose for his training... instead of [sic] Chicago ? His end game (which Freddy has often critiized) would be so much stronger...:p :p :p

The Duck <---Wants FBI type proof, that the audio was not dubbed over, and Effy was not threatend with his life (and all his family) if he did not write the hastily scrawled words on a napkin..obviously with an Ex. West letterhead superimposed on it...handwriting analysis is needed, and DNA evidence would be nice too...:rolleyes:

PS..I bet on Chris Gentile (a great player, despite being from Chicago) all the way...Until I blew it all back getting 3 to 1 on the final. Obviously a Beard engineered dump...:cool:

SJD I dont no how good Ererine understands and specks English. But he sound ok.

Eferine without a doght has all the skills and ability too be the greatest.

Thier is no dought tat Eferine would have learned a lot off diffferent things in one pocket in Califonia.

Whatever Freddy taought him made Eferine good enough too ein. And whatever Freddy tought him. Only Eferine and Freddy knowes.

I see lots off things in his game and Chrisses game that would make them stronger players.

Im not looking too give up Information about thier game and what I seen.

And Chriss is still learning. He is not yet in the class with Eferine. I tell it like it is. I go by what I see and what the do.

Wnd we know Eferine has more ability then Chriss. And way more experience.

Chriss will move up with time and Eferine will start slipping.

What I see is Eferine and all the great players from before like Taylor Bugs Ronnie Jersy red Eddie Kelly Cornbread red are all in the same class.

And I dont see no difference in thier game when they were all in thier prime.

Its all a flip off the coin. Eferine has weakneses in his game. And thier is a lot he could learn.

And Chriss is honest and cencer and if you would ask him. He would be honest enough too say that he has alot too learn.

Freddy did a good job showeing Eferine howe too play. And Freddy desirves the credit for doing it.

Be Honest SJD We have too go by what happened. Not by IF"S like if he would have been in cal too learn from you.

What you are saying could be correct. But it did not happen. And what Freddy did happenened.

HE showed Eferine howe too play. And Even what I say has no meaning tell its done and happines. And whar Freddy did happened.

Eferine was very lucky too win the tournement. And he didnt have too play Scott Alex or some off the top players.

Corry Duel was the only real tough match I seen him play.

And he should have never won it. BYt everything broke great for him. And too tell the truththe way I seen it.

Corry Duel played the best one pocket out off all the players. Nobody reay looks at that but thats what I seen.

Two off the greatest matches were Chriss and Eral Strickland. And Eferine and corry Duel.

THe most exciting match that I enjoyed and watched. Was Bob Hunter and the man he played. Sorry I forgot his name.

It was the last game off the night. And I was watching the game standing up with Mark Griffen and Steve Booth. And the player that beat Bob Hunter.

Ended up cutting the gameball back words to win the set.

And the cue ball went two rails and hung up deep in the pocket. One little turn and th cueball would have scratchet.

It was very evsiting just ask Steve or Mark what they thought off it.

And corry duel with knowledge and learning could also be the greatest player.

He does everything great. But his knowledge and he over experements in the game he needs too change.

I tell it exacly what I see.

And one off the haedest fought games was John Henderson anf Bernie. Both players fought thier hearts out. And it showed.

Jeromie Jones lost his matches on some careless mistakes. He could have been undefeated. But his bad mistakes. And scratches. Is ehat put him out off the tournement.

Eral playes good . But he has too learn the game alittle more. Andv will he listen I dont no.

He is the purest shooter I seen at the tournement. And he banks great and shoots great and has a big heart.

But his knowledge has too improve too stay with the top players.

Over all thier were a lot off great players. And the bigest point that I would bring out.

IS that one mistake cost a lot off players too loose the game and match.

And one off those games was when Alex beat Scott. And that one costly mistake cost Scott the match.

And Scott Knowes it. And one mistake in a certain situation can cost you all 8 balls. Were in a nothjer situation it could only cost you 1 or 2 balls.

So when you are facing a one mistake situation. That will cost you all 8 balls. You better make sure off what you are doing.

Mistakes will beat everyone. Even the greatest shooters and players.

But I give Freddy the ctedit for teaching Eferine the game off one pocket. And thats what happened.

And Eferine varified it. So why keep trying too change something thats realy true and happened.

And if some one wants too teach Eferine something about the game go up too Eferine and tell him you want too showe him something or teach him something.

Im pretty sure he will listen because he is also one off the nicest men in pool. 100% Class. And a great Getlmen. He reminds me off Roberto Clmentie.

And this should be the title to who taought Eferine one pocket.

THE MAN THAT THOUGHT EFERINE ONE POCKET IN CHICAGO. WAS FREDDY BENTAVAGNA AT THE POOL ROOM ON IRVING PARK.

I put irving park because I forgot the name off the pool room. And if SJD can teach him more thier is still lots off more time too do that.

I think bothFreddy and SJD would have tought Eferine enough too be champion .

Because off his great talent and ability. Because both off these men no the game. Thier is no secreat that they both no the game.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Puhleeeeze Artie..

Puhleeeeze Artie..

Sorry you missed the fact that my post was, once again...tongue in cheek..;)...(as was CaliRed's)

I am sure if Freddy was not dealing with his loss right now...he probably would have fired both barrells, at my vicsious post #10. (assuming as you did, that I was dead serious)

I have come to realize, that there are too few guys, who can appreciate others often sarcastic sense of humor, or attempts at same. So I will just take your advice and shoot myself in the head..

Do you honestly think I care who showed Efren the basics of one pocket. I know he spent some time in Chicago, early on...As solid a player as he was, (and intelligent) don't you think he learned 95% of his game from his competition, over the years ?

Duck Person

PS..Still not sure about the signed note though..I still think Fred's "Mob" friends, may have been involved..( also, why would anyone, 20 or so years later, even ask for such a note ?).:D :D :D :D

PPS..As I said before, I enjoyed shooting the breeze with you, and meeting Larry Schwartz and Chris G.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The "agenda" never goes away

The "agenda" never goes away

SJDinPHX said:
....I have come to realize, that there are too few guys, who can appreciate others often sarcastic sense of humor, or attempts at same. So I will just take your advice and shoot myself in the head..

Do you honestly think I care who showed Efren the basics of one pocket. I know he spent some time in Chicago, early on...As solid a player as he was, (and intelligent) don't you think he learned 95% of his game from his competition, over the years ?

Duck Person

That line in red might be the most demeaning, resentful, agenda-driven, unfair and slate-headedly obstinate lines that SJD has ever posted re me. Was that supposed to be some sort of concession?
It was carefully prefaced by a "who me" disclaimer that he only spouts harmless sarcastic humor.
All this "healing time" away from each other, and with mostly only a few weak jibes from me, his ass still hasnt come "unchapped" re anything that points credit at me.

Beard

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Sorry you missed the fact that my post was, once again...tongue in cheek..;)...(as was CaliRed's)

I am sure if Freddy was not dealing with his loss right now...he probably would have fired both barrells, at my vicsious post #10. (assuming as you did, that I was dead serious)

I have come to realize, that there are too few guys, who can appreciate others often sarcastic sense of humor, or attempts at same. So I will just take your advice and shoot myself in the head..

Duck Person

PS..Still not sure about the signed note though..I still think Fred's "Mob" friends, may have been involved..( also, why would anyone, 20 or so years later, even ask for such a note ?).:D :D :D :D

PPS..As I said before, I enjoyed shooting the breeze with you, and meeting Larry Schwartz and Chris G.

I her what you are saying. I dont realy care who tought who. I no I tought myself. And I think you are the same way.

I dont read every post. So when I read one its usualy just the one I reply too.

I could go into detail and ask . What was it that he tought Eferine and what did Eferine learn.

I realy dont care. Because thier is nothing I can learn from Eferine. Excepte his great shooting ability.

And the Massay shots. THat we were not allowed too practice or shoot in the pool romm in our time.

And he does that very well. Because he learned it and we were not allowed too shoot macy shots.

If someone shot a macy shot and put a big whole in the cloth and a few more players did it. I think it would be stopet.

And Basicly Eferine and most off all the top players shoot the same shots. And basoc stratagy.

But if someone thought someone they should say what they taought him.

I see everyone in the wright perspective. Who they are and howe they are.

Just have someone that specks Eferines language and ask Eferine what ge learned.

And I think he will verifie that Freddy tought him one pocket. And ask him what he tought him instead off going back and fourth.

Eferine spent some time in Chicago. And Freddy could have tought him a lot.

I dont no what he tought him? And I dont no what Eferine new. Billy I knowes howe he played.

And what he new. Because Billy played Eferine nine ball a few times at least. And I dont no if Billy played him one pocket or not.

I do no Archibald loved stacking Eferine playing anything. And Paul Jones use to run around with Achibalds money.

Backing Eferine against anybody. And Paul Jones told me Eferine was the best player in the country.

And he said he could beat Bugs playing one pocket. Bugs was not playing his game no more. But I no Eferine beat him.

Eferine was going all over so he must have played all games. Because he played decinte 3 coushuion billiards. And Great Rotation.

But What Freddy tought Eferine I dont no. But I herd it years back. That Freddy tought Eferine One pocket. That I do no.

And he might have tought him something in banks too. And maybe even in howe too hustle.

Because Eferine is not a hustler. He is a player. And he will play anyone.

AS far as his one pocket knowledge goes he does not no what the players like Taylor Ronnie Bugs or Eddie Kelly Knowes.

And hopkins knowes more about the game then Eferine. But when it comes too the macy shots and even kick shots . Eferine is in a class by himself.

Because the Americans never learned the macy part or balk line or straight rail. And Eferine knowes the angles better too.

From 3 coushion billiards. What Freddy tought Eferine only Freddy and Eferine knowes. Unless thier was somebody thier watching and learning.

And If Freddy wants too tell the people on the site. Thats his choice and his buissness.

And I would make a big bet that if you ask Eferine if Freddy tought him . He would say yes. And I think Eferine likes Freddy too.

And too have too prove something likr Freddy is doing . I would never go through that. If someone wants too no the truth if I tought someone.

I would have them go wright too the player. And ask him. And nothing is stronger then Eferines word.

And whatever you do dont shot yourself in your head. I couldnt live with that and niether could you.

And you are ok. If I didnt meet you in person . I dont think I could have ever said that.

But in person you showed who you are and that is good enough for me. And you are around good people.

I wish you a long and happy life. And I hope you can get back too playing the game you love. Because its way more fun playing then watching.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I am self-taught also. And I have a note verifying that I taught Scott Frost everything he knows about one-pocket. A guy named Celestin (pronounced 'Sostan') Bienvenu in Pointe Coupee Parish wrote it for me. Just sayin' . . . :D ;)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
I am self-taught also. And I have a note verifying that I taught Scott Frost everything he knows about one-pocket. A guy named Celestin (pronounced 'Sostan') Bienvenu in Pointe Coupee Parish wrote it for me. Just sayin' . . . :D

Oh Yeah...Well I have a note written by Myron Gordfump (pronounced 'Gord-fump', from Bald Knob Ark., on Motel 6 stationary)... verifying that I taught Bug's, Taylor, RA, Jersey Red, and Ed Kelly, all they ever knew about one pocket....So there V-man !!!..:p

PS..Never entered my mind, to have them 'verify' it..My bad..If they had, I'll guarantee you, it would have been on a 'bar napkin'...No ostentatious 'letterheads' for me..;)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And whatever you do dont shot yourself in your head. I couldnt live with that and niether could you.

And you are ok. If I didnt meet you in person . I dont think I could have ever said that.

But in person you showed who you are and that is good enough for me. And you are around good people.

I wish you a long and happy life. And I hope you can get back too playing the game you love. Because its way more fun playing then watching.

Thanks Artie, and same goes for you too...:)

PS..Judging by his last bitter, senseless, attack on me, (post # 14) Fred's "Anatidaephobia" is running rampant again...Wish he would put me back on ignore...:D :D

View attachment 3049

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The actual story

The actual story

Let me clear some things up a bit. First, Efren didn't take lessons from me. He played and gambled with me almost every day instead. Secondly, I quickly determined that Efren was some kind of a genius. I realized that he was draining info at an amazing rate while we played. I was also paranoid enough to see that he just didn't want to learn shots and moves, like most players, but he was seeking a foundation and inner understanding of the game.

I could actually feel him probing into my brain when I was trying to solve a 1pkt situation. To defend against that, when a really difficult situation arose, and when I could feel him analyzing my thinking processes, I would sometimes purposely take the wrong path. This way he would think that he had found the info all by himself, and it gave the tainted concept more validity. It's quite different from me telling him what to do, whereby he may have reason to question my honesty.

Since this occurred when Effie was building his 1pkt foundation, I still believe some of the mis-concepts are so deep-seated that he still sometimes falls prey to them. Unfortunately for his opponents, he has so much talent and ability, and is so much better than his opposition, that those minor flaws don't show up often enough to make a significant difference.

Beard

Anatidae Boy gave actual 1pkt lessons to Darren Appleton. How did that work out for Darren? They inspired Darren enough to never play in a 1pkt event since.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bump for a Dick

Bump for a Dick

SJDinPHX said:
...Do you honestly think I care who showed Efren the basics of one pocket. I know he spent some time in Chicago, early on...As solid a player as he was, (and intelligent) don't you think he learned 95% of his game from his competition, over the years ?...

That line was so petty, so bitter, and so jealously resentful, that I think it requires a well deserved bump in order to insure its place in the "Cheapest, Creepiest Shots Ever Taken on the Forum."
No amount of smiley faces, or "wuv you's" can cover up the amount of bile that must have been gurgling in his throat when he posted that.

Beard