• cc14.jpg
    cc14.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
that kick bank would be a pretty shot. i am gonna have to set it up and try to shoot a few times.

my shot here would be to go soft one rail and sit right up underneath it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
everyone i think has understood whos shooting to which pocket
ill post the layout again

joyner shooting
he needs 3
cooney needs 1

cc18.jpg

cc17.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Miller said:
that kick bank would be a pretty shot. i am gonna have to set it up and try to shoot a few times.

my shot here would be to go soft one rail and sit right up underneath it.
miller that shot comes sometimes after the break and there are also a few balls higher up the long rail
they act as brakes to keep the cue ball from going up table and stay behind the stack while you move his ball to your side.
as dr. bill would say practice it and get a feel for it

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
androd said:
If I need three (or two) I'm crossing this ball. :p
Rod.

I know you know how to cross this ball and avoid the kiss or you wouldn't have posted it. How about telling us mortals how you do it. Is this the famous shot where the cue actually goes into the jaws but has so much draw it comes back out?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
I know you know how to cross this ball and avoid the kiss or you wouldn't have posted it. How about telling us mortals how you do it. Is this the famous shot where the cue actually goes into the jaws but has so much draw it comes back out?

Well, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like a kiss from the picture. If it's not
Cliff will shoot it. He banks very well. :p If he doesn't shoot it disreguard my post.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Let me start out by saying that I believe Jack shot the wrong shot only needing one ball. As you can see Joyner has a possible game winning bank on the 14 ball or whatever ball is in front of Jack's pocket.

If Joyner can cross the bank and turn it into his pocket that's what he will do. If the cross bank is not available than he may kick bank it like Larry suggested. The kick bank is a difficult shot from the angle left, but he just might kick bank it and go down table with the cue ball. Don't forget Joyner needs all three balls so he wants to try to keep them in play.

Steve suggested a take out shot which imo is the wrong shot needing all the balls. You have a shot with the kick bank to keep pressure on your opponent. If you feel badly choosing the kick bank you then will have a lot more work to do to win this game. Or you should develop the feel for the kick bank so you can shoot it when it is needed.

Dr. Billy I.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Let's hear from John Brumback or Freddie. How do you make this bank? I'm serious. It looks like it kisses before the cueball gets all the way accross.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Doesnt appear to go..

Doesnt appear to go..

petie said:
Let's hear from John Brumback or Freddie. How do you make this bank? I'm serious. It looks like it kisses before the cueball gets all the way accross.

The bank doesnt look to be on. The object ball is too close to the rail to start with. It is difficult to tell if it can be crossed. At least to me, and I can cross these type of shots and beat the kiss as well as any human. There is a trick shot available that can beat almost any kiss from this position. I show it on one of my DVDs. Forgot which one. About 30 degree elevation, semi-jump shot. The cue ball jumps over the kiss. Banking it cross corner however, there is also a big chance of the cue ball jumping the table. The shot works best on cross sides.

What I think is the best shot, provided you cant cross the bank, is to one rail, roll up underneath the ball, kick it out slightly, leaving the object ball in front of the cue ball, and you should leave it where the only option your oppo has is to play off of the ball you just kicked at. This should maintain your favorable position and should provide another offensive opportunity.

Beard

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Thanks Freddie. What about the shot where whitie goes into the jaws with a ton of draw and comes back out after going back and forth between the pocket facings? I have made this on Diamonds but never on a Gold Crown.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The correct, and the only shot I see here...

The correct, and the only shot I see here...

is Steves shot. I would shoot it just like he did, same speed...except, I would use high RH force follow, and kill the ball on the side rail, by Cooney's pocket, being careful to not over play, the high english, as it as it could possibly hug the rail and scratch...Any other shot looks too risky for me...The ball appears to be too is too close to the rail, for a rail first bank (my favorite shot, by the way)...A double kiss. and its game over...too thin, and you could easily sell out the 14 ball...rail bank or straight in)...Try and remember...Jack only needs one lousy ball...Why should he gamble, on a very risky shot, when he has a cinch safety...and may take another ball out of play.

He got away with the attempted bank on the 10, which IMO, was the wrong shot. Had the 10 come out a little more, Cliff may have gotten out....Should he keep gambing 'til he loses the game...Having played him many times...I know he is smarter than that...:cool:

EDIT;..I was confused as to which pocket was whose, (missed Larry's alert post)..That doesnt really change my shot selection though...I still think the shot is too risky. It being Cliff's shot, and needing all 3 balls (3 to 1, is not an insurmountable lead)...I would still just 4 rail it away from Jacks hole...this is NOT a good enough shot to bet the game on IMO..

Intern Duck

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
question fot freddie
freddie technically speaking from your books the balls dont line up to the to the middle of the facing so there should be no kiss??:confused: :confused:
it looked to me the bank was not doable

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
fred bentivegna said:
The bank doesnt look to be on. The object ball is too close to the rail to start with. It is difficult to tell if it can be crossed. At least to me, and I can cross these type of shots and beat the kiss as well as any human. There is a trick shot available that can beat almost any kiss from this position. I show it on one of my DVDs. Forgot which one. About 30 degree elevation, semi-jump shot. The cue ball jumps over the kiss. Banking it cross corner however, there is also a big chance of the cue ball jumping the table. The shot works best on cross sides.

What I think is the best shot, provided you cant cross the bank, is to one rail, roll up underneath the ball, kick it out slightly, leaving the object ball in front of the cue ball, and you should leave it where the only option your oppo has is to play off of the ball you just kicked at. This should maintain your favorable position and should provide another offensive opportunity.

Beard

my thoughts exactly (i think). next shot after his dink leaves a two rail bank, hitting it just shy of the top middle diamond.

Skin

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

That was my shot choice, also. Here's why.

Sometimes a guy who needs one and just blew a shot and leave will feel desperate after losing his advantage, and will do something stupid to regain it, feeling he is entitled to it. This is a good position to allow him to do that if he flips out. If he doesn't, nothing lost. Back to the grind.

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:
That was my shot choice, also. Here's why.

Sometimes a guy who needs one and just blew a shot and leave will feel desperate after losing his advantage, and will do something stupid to regain it, feeling he is entitled to it. This is a good position to allow him to do that if he flips out. If he doesn't, nothing lost. Back to the grind.

Skin

I don't believe Cliff would better his position by rolling up behind the 10 ball, by Jacks hole... If I were Jack, and Cliff chose that shot... I would just send it upstairs, and take yet another ball out of play.

I still can't believe Jack went for the 10 ball bank, the way they laid (see post 104)..Especially allowing the cue ball, to drift down to the bottom rail....Just an inch or so different, we wouldn't even be discussing 'next shots'...Cliff would probably be out..:cool:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
getting old

getting old

I guess we're getting too old to play any more, SJD wants to shoot Steve's shot and 4 rail the ball away needing all 3 balls:eek: Freddie chose another non productive shot by allowing his opponent to knock the ball up table and start an up table game, lessening his chances.:eek: I don't believe Joyner will shoot either of those two shots, don't fotget he can play a little.;)

I'm either banking the ball to win or shooting some type of shot that will put the pressure back on Cooney to respond to the challenge.

If the bank is not on I believe Joyner will kick bank the ball to win, or go down table with the cue ball.

By the way I like kick banking this shot with INSIDE (RIGHT) english. Normally this kick bank is played with running english, try inside english before rebutting.

Billy I.