Another option

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Sorry, I tried to fix my senior moment, got about 4 diagrams and no option to delete.
Rod.
PS, Am on my way to play more will try to fix tonight.

PPS See post #5

1 rail.JPG

Attachments

• 1 rail.JPG
    1 rail.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
This shot came up yesterday and "MARK..HOU TX" asked about it.
I told him a thread about this shot had been on here.
I couldn't find it.
For any off the newer members, page #2 is what happened for me.:p
In the older thread Billy I and myself liked this shot and maybe a few more
but not many, most preferred the two railer.
This is just another option to consider. ;)
Rod.
rod
with all due respect
do you plan to show us the shot scenario??:confused: :rolleyes: :D

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
Sorry, I tried to fix my senior moment, got about 4 diagrams and no option to delete.
Rod.
PS, Am on my way to play more will try to fix tonight.

I'm sure the tequila mockingbird can assist with the diagram issues :)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
androd said:
This shot came up yesterday and "MARK..HOU TX" asked about it.
I told him a thread about this shot had been on here.
I couldn't find it.
For any off the newer members, page #2 is what happened for me.
In the older thread Billy I and myself liked this shot and maybe a few more
but not many, most preferred the two railer.
This is just another option to consider.
Rod.
PS, Thanks to Mark for postponing our game yesterday, so I could gamble a little higher.;)

[CueTable]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KUSR3POSG@3KUSS3PNUM4Qdvv3fUSS2fBtn4fbKv3kNUM3kUra3kbmp1kcEO2kPAp2kVdM@[/CueTable]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
[CueTable]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KUSR3POSG@3KUSS3PNUM4Qdvv3fUSS2fBtn4fbKv3kNUM3kUra3kbmp1kcEO2kPAp2kVdM@[/CueTable]
Rod is referring to the two railer opposed to banking the 11 ball one rail. Either shot is good, but the one railer offers a better control with the cue ball with less accuracy. I guess it breaks down to the situation and how much cue ball control you need. There are times when the two railer isn't as good because of the problems you may have with the cue ball.

Keep in mind that this shot isn't necessarily the last ball on the table, there are other times this shot shows and then you will have the option to shoot it either one or two rails.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Ah yes now I've fixed it.:p
Rod.

I would not two rail this shot for a few different reasons. And I would bank the 11 ball one rail for a few better reasons.

The 11 ball bank is the correct and best shot. Way better then the two railer.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The way the balls are positioned the two railer looks to come short. If you position the balls a little further away from the side rails the two railer becomes more of an inviting shot but the one railer still has it's benefits.

The two railer if missed will offer a return bank, not so with the one railer. That's another reason why the one railer may be a better choice.

But then again it depends on the circumstances, the score, how the balls are positioned, ect,ect.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
The way the balls are positioned the two railer looks to come short. If you position the balls a little further away from the side rails the two railer becomes more of an inviting shot but the one railer still has it's benefits.

The two railer if missed will offer a return bank, not so with the one railer. That's another reason why the one railer may be a better choice.

But then again it depends on the circumstances, the score, how the balls are positioned, ect,ect.

I agree Billy, The one railer is the best shot, in most situations...:cool:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
I agree Billy, The one railer is the best shot, in most situations...:cool:

We can only go by what is shown. If or maybees doesnt work. Its the cue ball and the game ball eleven ball. That is the situation.

We dont need to change it of confusse it. With something else or different. That does not work.

Because that is not the example or the shot. IT is what it is. And thats what we should reply too. THe shot at hand.

Her is why its the correct shot its the easiest shot too shoot and control the cueball.

And you can shoot the 11 ball with a nice speed. And even if you miss or come close or hand the ball up.

Its all good and you cannot do that with thee other shot.

And one more goo factor about banking the 11 ball and butting it close too youre whole.

THe cue ball will be close too the end rail or froze too the end rail./

And that is another good reason for the shot.

And one more important factor is that shooting from the end rail is going too be a lot harder for youre opponent too play safe .

Then after the two rail bank.

I have broken the shot down completly. And I have told you 3 good reasons why its a better shot too shoot.

And you end up doing way more good with the 11 ball bank then the two rail bank. SO I hope you see why the two shots are not close.

And I explained the reasons. And the 11 ball does look like it will come short.

And even if you shoot it hard too go on the side off youre table. Youre opponent could get a shot off off you shooting the shot two rails.

Were shooting it the other way. That cannot happen.

And Always when you shoot a shot look at what the resulte will bring by shooting the shot both was.

You cant even get this if youre taking a lession.

Its not in the scripte.

Thinking will make you smarter. And will help you out off a lot off traps.

When ever you have a problem. Think about it. And you will come up with a decision for the problem.

Thinking can solve a lot off problems. But most people react too a problem. THey dont think about the problem.

And reacting too a problem instead off thinking about the problem. Can make it way worse. And sometimes it can be fatile.