Onepocket.org only tourney

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Big Memphis open

Big Memphis open

That was my first thought, but Memphis heat in August is awful. 98 with 150% humidity. The M O is also 35 miles away and long matches. It would be taxing going back and forth. ~T

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think we're getting close to time to vote. Before we do, there are a couple of things I'd like to nail down: some info about facilities at the pool room in Southaven, and firm dates (if possible) for the SuperSenior at Bogies in October. Also, Lacy's website says "Open at 4:00 PM." That would be difficult for us, so we need to see whether Frank is willing to let us start much earlier each day. Doc?

I think it works better to have voting only by members who think there's a good chance they will participate if the location they vote for "wins." Would it be out of line to say that a vote indicates a promise to send a non-refundable $25 (or would $50 be better?) credited to the member's entry IF the location a member votes for "wins"?

Next, I'm going to throw $100 into a food and drink fund. If anyone else wants to pitch in, we need to see who's willing to receive the cash (Rowsey at Southaven or Frank at Lacy's would be best if willing.)

Reminder: Food and beverage selections are broader at Lacy's, but even there we probably want to have some Cajun food and seafood brought in; Lacy's has full-service bar; Southaven has only beer, soft drinks and strong coffee, but BYOB is permitted. My plan does not include a TD or auctioneer... don't think we need them or the expense.

Any info about convenient and economical lodging near Lacy's might be helpful for some. There's a Days Inn very close to the pool room in Southaven which is very good for a Days Inn, and I think about $70/nite.

I'd appreciate feedback on all this stuff, especially from those of you who expect to participate.

My preference for Southaven is probably showing through some of my comments, but I'm definitely good with Lacy's also.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We're up to 14 "Definites" for either location, + 6 more Definites if we choose New Orleans and 4 more Definites if we choose Southaven. 8 more Probablies or Maybes for unspecified location.

This almost certainly means it's going to happen on the proposed September dates in one of those two locations. After we vote -- soon I hope -- we need to establish a place to send entry fees. I'd rather not be the bank. Any volunteers?

Rowsey, Frank at Lacy's or Steve Booth would be my choices, in any order.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think we're getting close to time to vote. Before we do, there are a couple of things I'd like to nail down: some info about facilities at the pool room in Southaven, and firm dates (if possible) for the SuperSenior at Bogies in October. Also, Lacy's website says "Open at 4:00 PM." That would be difficult for us, so we need to see whether Frank is willing to let us start much earlier each day. Doc?

I think it works better to have voting only by members who think there's a good chance they will participate if the location they vote for "wins." Would it be out of line to say that a vote indicates a promise to send a non-refundable $25 (or would $50 be better?) credited to the member's entry IF the location a member votes for "wins"?

Next, I'm going to throw $100 into a food and drink fund. If anyone else wants to pitch in, we need to see who's willing to receive the cash (Rowsey at Southaven or Frank at Lacy's would be best if willing.)

Reminder: Food and beverage selections are broader at Lacy's, but even there we probably want to have some Cajun food and seafood brought in; Lacy's has full-service bar; Southaven has only beer, soft drinks and strong coffee, but BYOB is permitted. My plan does not include a TD or auctioneer... don't think we need them or the expense.

Any info about convenient and economical lodging near Lacy's might be helpful for some. There's a Days Inn very close to the pool room in Southaven which is very good for a Days Inn, and I think about $70/nite.

I'd appreciate feedback on all this stuff, especially from those of you who expect to participate.

My preference for Southaven is probably showing through some of my comments, but I'm definitely good with Lacy's also.

Lacy's will open early for us. I'm sure noon would not be a problem. I can work out the details with the owner if New Orleans is the top vote getter.

southavenrecreationcenter

Verified Member
From
SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI
Beware of THE ONEPOCKET GUY!

Beware of THE ONEPOCKET GUY!

Coorpation was formed to go to Houston by Dan, Todd, and myself.
Parking garage. -$50
Flights for 3. -$750
Three rooms. -$600
Dan, Bill's food. -$200
Todd's food. -$300
Oral sex for one. _$50
Car rental due to flood for return to Memphis -$200
Charge to get a bigger ride for AT LARGE -$150 (he wouldn't fit in first ride)
Traffic ticket Bill got $200

Total -$2500 +700= $1800/3=$600 each
Bill and Dan paid $600
Cost of doing business, and entertainment fee....That's the answer I got from Todd for his share....and he still wants his part of the oral sex!! Beware of the evil that lurks within! He shouldn't care where it happens!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Coorpation was formed to go to Houston by Dan, Todd, and myself.
Parking garage. -$50
Flights for 3. -$750
Three rooms. -$600
Dan, Bill's food. -$200
Todd's food. -$300
Oral sex for one. _$50
Car rental due to flood for return to Memphis -$200
Charge to get a bigger ride for AT LARGE -$150 (he wouldn't fit in first ride)
Traffic ticket Bill got $200

Total -$2500 +700= $1800/3=$600 each
Bill and Dan paid $600
Cost of doing business, and entertainment fee....That's the answer I got from Todd for his share....and he still wants his part of the oral sex!! Beware of the evil that lurks within! He shouldn't care where it happens!

At least you saved 50 bux with the oral sex, but which one of you had to give it and where did you find the customer? :heh