Eyeglasses, Contacts, Lasik

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Androd, Cincy Kid, One Rock & 111, thanks for posting those sites for glasses. I had no idea that glasses were available and developed specifically for pool. The U.K. site Hurricane 2 glasses, it appears that maybe the arms are hinged and adjustable. I need to research both of these sites.
It is interesting about 111's vertical adjustment, I do some tweaking like this on my glasses, because of the prescription. I like how this site wants you to send a picture of you addressing the shot, shows much insight!

Wonderful threads, thanks!

Wish we had more posts on Lasik! Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I wanted to follow up with you guys, plus Keonyo just posted a thread on eye glasses and wanted some info. and this thread is full of it.

I took the advise of a post here about contacts. Well, I tried contacts a half dozen yrs. ago, but my optometrist did not work with me, for he thought being older I could never wear them, so I quit the effort.
But, I found an excellent optometrist that I had heard about that knows about contacts. She did the best exam I have ever had, and just was so genuinely caring. I told her I play pool -2-1/4" diameter ball is all I need to see clearly from 3'-10'.
Her and her assistants work with me right on though, with the goal of getting me satisfied. They gave me few different makes, dailies & monthly's of the same power multi-focal. I went with Busch Loom Ultra Monthly's. Then we started adjusting the power, so I tried different powers.

What is cool is that you can have multi-focal in one eye and single focal in the other eye, so in that way the close up balls are clearer and yet you can see the far away balls. My eyes are +3.00 getting pretty bad. I ended up with single focal in each eye, but I am thinking for my dominate eye to going to a multi-focal.

But regular glasses for me as my prescription got stronger just made it so hard to play pool, I never knew when I would miss, plus the lower down on the ball I would get the more oblong (egg shape) the balls would get, plus appear huge.

But contacts I now find that I am right down on top of the cue once again, the balls are round and 'small'. Now I am making shots I could not make with glasses, plus I do not get so fatigued. I am getting results to, for now I am #1 in my league. It is the closes thing to having good eyes again IMO. With monthly's I put them in to play pool, a couple of hours of practice then take them out. Do not be in a hurry to settle on power and make, take a good month or two, and make the right choice. Multi-focal costs a lot more than Single-focal.

Thanks, guys for the help! I only wish I had a good optometrist those half dozen years ago! Good luck with your eyes! Whitey

Matt_24

Verified Member
My father was almost blind in one eye, with lenses that were like coke bottles. Yet, for pool he would take off his glasses and run-out (he played good). I never even thought about that until now.