Brackets for Bogies Seniors

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I talked to John Rizzo a few minutes ago and they agreed to split 1st and 2nd place money and fargo further torture, it was 4:00 AM!!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Brackets for Bogies Seniors

Thank you Jeff. 10K posts and only you came out with results.

Coincidentally.... it looks like they split 10K ! Nice score for anyone. Congrats fellas!!!! Thanks to all who shared stories and played on stream. Looks like a fantastic time was had by all.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Same buyer for both in the Calcutta made it easier to split.

Who was that smart handicapper?

Sounds like a fun time, overall, but another tourney with time issues.

Were the long matches more because of (1) excessive thinking or (2) wedges and uptable games. (1) can be fixed in several ways but I think the only fix for (2), assuming it needs to be fixed, is some version of Grady rules.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Were the long matches more because of (1) excessive thinking or (2) wedges and uptable games. (1) can be fixed in several ways but I think the only fix for (2), assuming it needs to be fixed, is some version of Grady rules.

John Rizzo... 🤑

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

All of the above. The pockets played tight and that didn't help w/choices of shot when the pressure and importance got racheted up. There were more than one match taking 6+ hours I think. One was 6 1/2 hours for sure. Thank god for Sammy Jones having none of that during the 3/4th match, or there was no way the semis are finished by 4am. This is why a shot clock may help a little but the choices of shots is what dictates the time of the match more than studying a shot for 2-3 mins, but that doesn't help. Tough problem to solve.

I really wanted to watch and learn but I had no patience to watch the real long matches, so I go home without learning anything again. :) I will be watching the seniors on the stream to try to learn something. Looking forward to watchin Tony & Alex play even though there will be a few long games it will not be the norm if Tony has anything to say about it.