Hard Times Sacramento

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
26 players in the first of the month one pocket.

The tournament was won by a wonderful player. Admired by his peers, loved by women and feared by fish.

You will have to guess who.:D

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Congratulations ? ?

Congratulations ? ?

John, If you won, I know who is one of the favorites in Philly.

Tried to stay up and watch Daniel's stream. Fell asleep, did not get to see any of your matches.

Did get to see Carla Johnson play. She has a very good looking stroke. And
you can tell she knows how to play 1pkt.

Carla, next time I see you, would like to say hello.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, If you won, I know who is one of the favorites in Philly.

Tried to stay up and watch Daniel's stream. Fell asleep, did not get to see any of your matches.

Bob, there are two Hard Times, Bellflower (Southern CA) and Sacramento (No. CA). We usually get more players up north, but the field is probably tougher in Bellflower when Amar Kang and Oscar Dominguez do not play up here. They have missed the last couple months so yours truly got lucky. Oscar is the new owner here and has to work now.

They stream our matches but there is no commentary and we use a fixed camera, not near the quality of P.O.V.’s stream.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Daniel streamed Bellflower, not Sacramento, so no John on that stream. June is just around the corner, can't wait to see everyone.

Congrats John. You're right, women do fear you (maybe I got that wrong LOL).

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I bet a couple bucks on the horse that got disqualified.
You're kidding! What a flap! Do you think the ruling will stand? Evidently there will be an appeal and/or lawsuit. I looked at the replay. It didn't look like much of an infraction to me, but I'm not privy to the precise rules.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
You're kidding! What a flap! Do you think the ruling will stand? Evidently there will be an appeal and/or lawsuit. I looked at the replay. It didn't look like much of an infraction to me, but I'm not privy to the precise rules.

~Doc

He came out quite a bit and started a chain reaction that impeded several horses
that might have finished higher. If you look close, you see the horse he pulled in front of front legs actually coming down inside his rear legs. Lucky they did not clip heels and several horses go down. Could have been a disaster, and with all the horse deaths at Santa Anita, they are very sensitive right now. I think it was the right decision.