Efren Reyes vs Bradley Fleming / Live / 4pm PST / May 22

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Kudos to Bradley for stepping up to the plate against Efren. He will have a memory to last him a lifetime. I don't think he won any games but it looked like he really enjoyed himself.
In the last game played Efren played a two railer to his hole that I had never seen before. Everyone was talking about that shot after the match. He cut the ball backwards at warp speed while having the cue ball travel around the table. The object ball just barely got to the pocket.
A shot worth waiting for to watch when it gets posted on to youtube. Most amazing.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Kudos to Bradley for stepping up to the plate against Efren. He will have a memory to last him a lifetime. I don't think he won any games but it looked like he really enjoyed himself.
In the last game played Efren played a two railer to his hole that I had never seen before. Everyone was talking about that shot after the match. He cut the ball backwards at warp speed while having the cue ball travel around the table. The object ball just barely got to the pocket.
A shot worth waiting for to watch when it gets posted on to youtube. Most amazing.

Amazing indeed. I would have bet the shot couldn't be made; so thin I thought it had to be hit too hard to control whitey. No problem for Efren -- just send the CB 6 rails to kill it. :)

Thanks for sitting in to commentate Frank. You made watching MUCH more enjoyable.

kicker

Verified Member

Thanks, Frank. I don't think we were introduced, but it was kind of a whirlwind of new faces in a strange pool hall for me. My one pocket game is a work in progress. I'm sure there were plenty of cringeworthy moments, in both shot selection and execution, but I had my good moments, too. For me, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a legend of the game and my personal favorite player since back when he and Earl were battling it out on ESPN. I've been meaning to go to DCC for several years just so I could see him play in person. But the stars aligned just right so that I could actually play him for a fraction of what a DCC trip would cost. How could I turn that down? How often do you get to test your skills against a Tiger, Ruth or Federer? I'm surprised there's not a line of challengers around the block.

I wish I could've shown a little more of my skill, but Efren really had me on my heels from the lag. A lot of that is my fault, but sometimes he manufactured shots out of thin air. Quite the magician. I'll consider the video to be a snapshot of my game to study and learn from. Stepping up against the best in the limelight was quite an experience and can only be good for my game and personal growth.

Thanks to Daniel and Geraldine for their hospitality, to the audience for being knowledgeable, respectful and encouraging, and to Efren for being a more than worthy opponent.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thanks, Frank. I don't think we were introduced, but it was kind of a whirlwind of new faces in a strange pool hall for me. My one pocket game is a work in progress. I'm sure there were plenty of cringeworthy moments, in both shot selection and execution, but I had my good moments, too. For me, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a legend of the game and my personal favorite player since back when he and Earl were battling it out on ESPN. I've been meaning to go to DCC for several years just so I could see him play in person. But the stars aligned just right so that I could actually play him for a fraction of what a DCC trip would cost. How could I turn that down? How often do you get to test your skills against a Tiger, Ruth or Federer? I'm surprised there's not a line of challengers around the block.

I wish I could've shown a little more of my skill, but Efren really had me on my heels from the lag. A lot of that is my fault, but sometimes he manufactured shots out of thin air. Quite the magician. I'll consider the video to be a snapshot of my game to study and learn from. Stepping up against the best in the limelight was quite an experience and can only be good for my game and personal growth.

Thanks to Daniel and Geraldine for their hospitality, to the audience for being knowledgeable, respectful and encouraging, and to Efren for being a more than worthy opponent.

Nice post, Brad.

Come around to the forum more often. We have loads of fun and might even learn something once in a while. :p

Before I cam to 1P org I only thought I knew something about 1P, and I imagine that two years from now I'll look back and say, "Two years ago I only thought I was beginning to understand this game."

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes I saw that shot also -- the bank just floated to the hole and the cue ball went like 1-1/2 times around the table, naturally without coming close to a scratch, lol.

Something like this -- but I definitely want to see it again!!

Attachments

• 2016-05-23 18_29_53-Greenshot.jpg
    2016-05-23 18_29_53-Greenshot.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yes I saw that shot also -- the bank just floated to the hole and the cue ball went like 1-1/2 times around the table, naturally without coming close to a scratch, lol.

Something like this -- but I definitely want to see it again!!

I thought it was more like this (couldn't figure out how to delete the balls from the old pic I used):

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I thought it was more like this (couldn't figure out how to delete the balls from the old pic I used):

Your cue ball path looks better than mine but I think I have the cue ball and object ball not too far off for the start of the shot -- or in between where you put it and I put it. I need to see it again for sure. What caught my attention when I saw him lining up for the shot was how far over the cue ball was -- somewhere a little past parallel IIRC, making the initial cut pretty thin. It was definitely over farther than I would have considered playing the shot -- for fear of scratching somewhere, and also just the stroke needed to make the object ball reach my pocket. Come to thin of it, it must have been somewhere that the one rail straight back didn't work, so I must have something wrong lol.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

It was the 10 ball I think, and was a great shot! And for the cheese. Johns path looks close imo.

kicker

Verified Member

OB very close to the rail about a diamond out. CB nearly parallel, slight back cut, maybe 1.5 diamonds away from OB. I had a ball near my hole and needed 2 or 3. Not sure what he was thinking with that shot. Maybe trying to take out my ball with the CB 3 or 4 rails while putting the OB near his pocket? Or maybe he was just showing off at that point. It was a heartbreaker when I was close to getting a game, but I had to smile anyway. Table had a slight roll to his side, which might've helped the shot some. That's the way I remember it, anyway.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
OB very close to the rail about a diamond out. CB nearly parallel, slight back cut, maybe 1.5 diamonds away from OB. I had a ball near my hole and needed 2 or 3. Not sure what he was thinking with that shot. Maybe trying to take out my ball with the CB 3 or 4 rails while putting the OB near his pocket? Or maybe he was just showing off at that point. It was a heartbreaker when I was close to getting a game, but I had to smile anyway. Table had a slight roll to his side, which might've helped the shot some. That's the way I remember it, anyway.

BTW, Brad, you have a beautiful stroke.

Granted, some really good players have some awful-looking strokes, but I think yours should help you climbing the ladder.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Brad I didn't realize you were a member here or I would have rooted for you harder 😁. Great job stepping up!