Onepocket.org only tourney

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Whatta ya think of a once a year one pocket tournament for members only.
Sort of a get acquainted in person gathering complete with a nice dinner celebration together before the tournament.

We could do a race to 4? no losers bracket? One weekend? $100.00 entry?

Establish some tier movement among us perhaps, any takers?

I'm in, and I don't care where it's held... :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Sort of a get acquainted in person gathering complete with a nice dinner celebration together before the tournament.

I just started thinking of something similar, but I like your idea better than mine: (After watching Bernie play Efren, I got to thinking how interesting it would be to have a round Robin among our best players. Seems there are several that are really close.)

I'd sure be in. Central locations I'd suggest are KC, St. Louis, Memphis. (Rowsey's place in more-or-less South Memphis would be perfect, IMO.)

On the other hand, there are several members in Texas, Bogies is close to airport and lodging, and Richardson/Rizzo would be supportive. (Rowsey's place has the same qualities I think, except maybe number of members close by.) For those who'd have to fly, flying one place is about as easy as flying any other.

The more I think about it, eliminate KC and maybe St. L.... Airport is almost 40 miles away from the best place in KC, and St.L airport may be a problem too.

One thought: I always prefer double elimination. Do I need to say why? :eek: :heh Every time I play one of you guys I experience a lot of tear movement.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Love the idea and as long as I would have plenty of advanced notice and wasn't too terribly far for me I would be in! Weekends are best as Steve pointed out in another thread because it helps us working stiffs have a better chance of going. :)

(I would like double elimination too John - and if it was only limited to 1p.org members, we should have plenty of time to get that in...)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
that sounds awesome.....

(airport in stl wouldnt be a problem, but tables might be :mad:. teacher/rich has 4 blue labels, thought he might be getting a couple more but that is just speculation on my end.... chicago would be a good location as well....)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
that sounds awesome.....

(airport in stl wouldnt be a problem, but tables might be :mad:. teacher/rich has 4 blue labels, thought he might be getting a couple more but that is just speculation on my end.... chicago would be a good location as well....)

We could take a week, park several travel trailers in your yard, and play on your table. Whaddayasay? (Is your wife a good cook?) :p

keoneyo

Verified Member
Do you mean that anyone who is a member can play? Or would you want to keep it to Verified Members only?
Does it matter if a Verified Member has never posted on the forum?
Does it matter if a member has just recently joined?
Just want to be clear about the details.

I like the idea of Chicago as being a central location. Some great rooms there and the hub is easy to get into. Lots of Airlines fly there so mileage usage is flexible.Lot of members close by.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I suggest Family Billiards in San Francisco. I also know of two members who could stream it, myself and Fast Lenny.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
How much would a room at the DCC for onepocket.org cost the members? There were at least 15 of us at last years event. I know I would like to gamble
if we had a room to ourselves. We could have the tourney there.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Do you mean that anyone who is a member can play? Or would you want to keep it to Verified Members only?
Does it matter if a Verified Member has never posted on the forum?
Does it matter if a member has just recently joined?
Just want to be clear about the details.

I like the idea of Chicago as being a central location. Some great rooms there and the hub is easy to get into. Lots of Airlines fly there so mileage usage is flexible.Lot of members close by.

Like I said earlier, I really don't care about the venue, I would like it to be in a place that's comfortable with good seating areas to sit and watch and a place with great equipment would also be high on my druthers list, but as far as travel, I'm in for wherever, I'm flying if it's to far to drive, so it matters not to me.

Guess we could vote on the pool room, then try to get permission from the owner to have the event there?

As far as verified or not, I have no thoughts on that, I guess any members would suit me, there are only a few I have met, I'd like to meet more, maybe make a new friend or two, that would be nice...:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I like it. It could be an invitational to one pocket.org members who have expressed an interest to play.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like the idea of having a room to ourselves at the DCC for sure but if it was somewhere else I could probably make Chicago, only like a 6 hour drive :)

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I would do my very best to make it. I'd vote for double-elim, too. To save time, the losers' side could be a race to 2 with a race to 4 in the winners.

Anywhere not too far from an airport would be good.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I would play for sure if the timing was right. I wouldn't mind heading to Houston for it. Or maybe Chicago at Red Shoes.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How much would a room at the DCC for onepocket.org cost the members? There were at least 15 of us at last years event. I know I would like to gamble
if we had a room to ourselves. We could have the tourney there.

We used to have one with AZ with two tables and everyone paid $25. Worked fine the first year, then you had trouble keeping everyone else out and they finally needed the space for straight pool and/or the one pocket challenge. Was fun when it worked. The Derby is too crowded anymore.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If y'all would be interested to come to New Orleans (Chalmette), I could speak to the owner about donating the table time. Lacy's Cue is the most beautiful room in the South, and is non-smoking. 15 Diamond Pro tables, 17 bar boxes. Good food, beverages. It could be held in the Fall/Winter months without fear of snow, ice, cancelled flights, etc. Just a thought...

~Doc