MIH 2016 - Alex vs TRex #1

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Alex to shoot, score is posted at the top. TRex is bottom left pocket, Alex is right pocket. (2-1 ball count Alex)

WWYD?

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Alex to shoot, score is posted at the top. TRex is bottom left pocket, Alex is right pocket. (2-1 ball count Alex)

WWYD?

2-rail kick at the 6 and don't scratch! Hopefully the 6 ties up a ball by his pocket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Not sure how popular this shot will be but I do like it the way it lays...

Shoot the 10 ball straight up and down to bank down in to the 1 / cluster, push some balls towards your pocket and then follow the CB up to try to get behind the 7 and leave a tough combo or freeze him on the 7 if hit well - now protecting your balls by your pocket.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Not sure how popular this shot will be but I do like it the way it lays...

Shoot the 10 ball straight up and down to bank down in to the 1 / cluster, push some balls towards your pocket and then follow the CB up to try to get behind the 7 and leave a tough combo or freeze him on the 7 if hit well - now protecting your balls by your pocket.

Yikes, there's a lot of ways for that to go badly! Hit the 3 with the cue ball, scratch, hit a little too hard and go between the rail and 7, hit a little too soft, have the 10 hit the wrong side of the 1-ball and hang in front of the wrong pocket. Even if hit perfect, he can reply by wedging you between the rail and 7.

My shot is pretty boring, but I think I'll stick with it!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I think this is a good place to just "stay alive" I would come off the left side of the one ball, hit the long rail and spin back to the bottom rail

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
2-rail kick at the 6 and don't scratch! Hopefully the 6 ties up a ball by his pocket.
That's the first shot I considered. I like that type of shot when there's nothing else. Like you say, the only proviso is avoiding a scratch.

It looks like there's enough room to get by the 1 ball and turn the striped ball straight back with left hand draw, while drawing whitey down towards the opponent's pocket. If he were to make it, he could pick up a few more...:cool: The danger would be a return cross-corner of the 6.

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Alex did the simplest thing he could in this situation, he banked the 1 two rails drawing whitey down between the gap.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I think this is a good place to just "stay alive" I would come off the left side of the one ball, hit the long rail and spin back to the bottom rail

Alex did the simplest thing he could in this situation, he banked the 1 two rails drawing whitey down between the gap.

Once in a while even a blind squirrel gets a nut 😃

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't like that shot, because now he's put another ball into his opponent's pocket zone, and he didn't get much in return. Probably the stripe straight-back wasn't on, and he was afraid of scratching by kicking at the 6. Nice wwyd, though.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I don't like that shot, because now he's put another ball into his opponent's pocket zone, and he didn't get much in return. Probably the stripe straight-back wasn't on, and he was afraid of scratching by kicking at the 6. Nice wwyd, though.

~Doc

I think it worked out well. Except for the 9, the hole is blocked. Some balls are still facing his hole. And because of the blocked hole the QB can be hid in the top corner later