One-pocket player's credo

Al Betz

Verified Member
I wrote a mystery book centering around the game of one-pocket and I want to use one precept of the one-pocket player's credo as a chapter heading. In order to do this I must credit the author. Does anyone know who this is and/or how I could get in touch with him?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
From the pages of the Hustler's Handbook

From the pages of the Hustler's Handbook

Al Betz said:
I wrote a mystery book centering around the game of one-pocket and I want to use one precept of the one-pocket player's credo as a chapter heading. In order to do this I must credit the author. Does anyone know who this is and/or how I could get in touch with him?

This is the first thing I was taught when I began my One Pocket career: "Get paid after every game, and don't sleep no scratches."
Freddy the Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Al Betz said:
Al, I don't understand. To what credo, and to which author are you referring?

Doc

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
?????

?????

gulfportdoc said:
Al, I don't understand. To what credo, and to which author are you referring?

Doc

Yeh, and Freddies post is just as confusing or is it my senility showing through again?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm confused too, but very curious as well -- what is "the one-pocket player's credo"???

I've heard a few old hustler's credo's, like
'Never give a sucker an even break'
'Never show your true speed'

and I am sure there are many others.

I like Freddy's, by the way...

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
NH Steve said:
I'm confused too, but very curious as well -- what is "the one-pocket player's credo"???

I've heard a few old hustler's credo's, like
'Never give a sucker an even break'
'Never show your true speed'

and I am sure there are many others.

I like Freddy's, by the way...
Yea, Steve, me too. I would add. You get a light game OR a walking stick. Not both.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Put your opponent in a coma

Put your opponent in a coma

hemicudas said:
Yea, Steve, me too. I would add. You get a light game OR a walking stick. Not both.

Then there's the Nick Varner, Alan Hopkins, Artie Bodendorfer credo: Safe, Safe, Safe ! ^_^ ....and that's a good credo to have, it won those three guys a gazillion games - some of their opponents might still be in a coma today ^_^ .....let me be goofy for a minute - visualize this......

A new doctor in a hospital somewhere is making his rounds. He checks in on a patient named ? and asks the nurse what's up with this guy ? The nurse says "He's been in a coma for 25 years - the strange thing is, the ambulance brought him in from a pool hall where they said he just slipped into a coma while in the middle of some pool game called 'partners one pocket' with three guys named Nick, Alan, and Artie - they've come in to visit him regularly all of these years - they sit next to the bed and tell him about 'pool action' and give him sports and horseracing results - but he doesn't hear them - very sad. ^_^