PPV - May 26-29th EFREN!! - Buffalos Professional One Pocket $2000 Entry $6000 Added

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,

What's the parking situation?
As John said, there's plenty of parking, although not a parking lot like one might expect. This is New Orleans, so you can pretty much park anywhere you like. New Orleans is probably the closest we come in the U.S. to a third world city. It's almost Latin American in feel, only more laid back....:D Laissez les bons temps rouler, baby!

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I just noticed something that I think is pretty unusual (would have been impossible 40 years ago) sixteen entries (you can even add Joey Gray as an "almost was") and no two have the same first name.

I'll bet that's getting close to the birthday scam. (If ya don't know what that is, I uh.... don't....er.... if it's ever.... what was the question?)

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Don't miss out just a few days away!!

One Pocket event starts this Thursday Calcutta 6pm 1st round 8pm central.

If you like One Pocket this is as good as gets 16 of the best players on the planet.

All races to 5-true double elimination-Big Money payouts.

All players are paid full field

13221582_1276950662335022_7275618146623601706_n.jpg

jj-s-gif.gif

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Don't miss out just a few days away!!

If you like One Pocket this is as good as gets 16 of the best players on the planet.

All races to 5-true double elimination-Big Money payouts.

All players are paid full field

$6000 added.

Cool!​

Jimmy B

Verified Member
We have the 8 Ball event first, then passes will go on sale. Check out the Early bird deal that includes All 3 events at Buffalos PLUS the 6 month pass.

Thanks,

Ray

I heard you tore up Erica's camera and laptop and shit. Is that true??

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I heard you tore up Erica's camera and laptop and shit. Is that true??

She is 100% responsible for her own equipment being broke.

I have no desire to shed any negative light on anyone on a public forum. We'll leave it at that.

Ray

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Last year Buffalo's one pocket champion and two time Derby City one pocket and Master of the Table is Back!!

The Lion Alex Pagulayan is back in The Big Easy to defend last years title.

Billy Incardona and Scott Rabon will be on commentary.

Don't miss out this is going to EPIC!!

PPV passes now on sale @ www.PoolActionTV.com

12932560_10154121773841591_3698065127769790646_n.jpg

jj-s-gif.gif

Last edited:

azbombero

Just left there. T Rex was "slapping it around" for C per game and was mightily impressive. Alex came bouncing in and livened things up trading barbs with Wisemen and Joyner. Heard Frost was in bound. Parked in back in the field.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
We are Live at Buffalo's, tons of action brewing, lot of champions in the house. Big 1p event starts 6pm central time Thurs. Tonight we will have some action on the Tv table, passes available at www.PoolActionTV.com anybody that has event pass or 180 pass can watch

Richie Rich vs Chris Gentile now $500 a game
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i hope this is ok with LSJohn
he posted this in the 1p only tourney thread but i think it goes well here
great report of whats going on at buffalo's from yesterday
;;;;;;;;;
LSJOHN
Edit: Crap. I see I posted this in the wrong thread, but I guess one place is as good as another (and I have to sleep sometime. )

I'm in New Orleans, and so are Saez and McMinn that I know of from the Southhaven entry list.

Lots of action. Orcollo gave Randy Whelen(SP?) 13-4 for Big Bux. Dennis won the first set and I think the bet was doubled for the second set. When I finally fell asleep in my chair about 5:00 am, they had quit their race to 7 to be resumed later today with Dennis down 5-2. It's over now, but I don't know who won -- I almost bet Randy $1000 on that second set. Whew!

Dennis gave some guy that plays better than me the break and first shot, ball in had -- even on scratches on the break -- and the 5 ball. 600/game, I think. Dennis didn't like that either.

Joyner playing Jay Bird, Gentile playing Richie, Danny hitting his 4000th practice ball of the day. Oh, If you haven't heard, Dr. Bill played Josh Roberts. As you might imagine, Bill is still moving very well and despite a slow start, seemed to get in gear later in the match. I'll let him tell you as much about it as he chooses.

I played Joe Long for a couple of hours, and I played so poorly it got him to playing bad too; our excuse is that neither of us had slept more than a couple of hours in the previous 26-28.

Haven't seen Frost or SVB yet, but I think the rest of the 16 have checked in. I remember Evan Lunda now from the Derby. Young guy maybe 22-24 who plays very well.

J. (Jason) Swarz -- who is a 1P org member and a roadie for Big Truck -- and I played a couple of hours and broke even.

You wouldn't believe what Buffalo and crew have to go through to get their 7000 sf (+/-) place ready to handle an event of this magnitude. Overflow crowd -- they had to close one rest room and turn it into a hallway to accommodate traffic flow -- besides having to move every table in the place and to arrange VIP seating. 9 Diamonds with 4 1/8 pockets. I think they'll only be using 8 of them for the tournament, but maybe all 9. Moving the tables means moving the lights as well. A nightmare.

This is a great place for pool addicts, especially those who like to wager a buck or two. I might have mentioned after the last one that there's a sign on the wall that says "No gambling cheap on the front tables" :heh

Buffalo's staff is REALLY efficient and friendly. A pleasant change from what we run into a lot of places.

I wish more of you could be here. Joey A is here -- he lives here -- and I see member azbombero (sp?) is here but we haven't met yet. I'll try to look him up tomorrow. Haven't seen JTom, Doc or Disco Dave, yet, but I expect them to check in tomorrow, and although I haven't heard, I'll be surprised if troutman (Maurice LeBlanc from Houston) doesn't turn up tomorrow. I'm surprised that I haven't seen Fireman KC -- he lives here. Hope he'll show up tomorrow. Railbirds, sweaters and stakehorses here from all over.

I saw a guy I recognized from somewhere and I thought he might be Ike (from DC?) that Dancin Dave played at the Derby, so I asked him and he's another guy I have seen at Derby. Very nice guy. I told him I thought he was Ike because Ike is an ugly MF. :eek: He took it pretty well, as evidenced by the fact that I have zero black eyes.

Scott Rabon and Dr. Bill will be commentating. I haven't seen Rabon yet, but it's still early.[/QUOTE]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
John, I'll try to get over there on Saturday. I was there last week.

It's interesting that most of the field will be playing for 3rd or 4th place money. There are 4-5 guys who have almost no chance of cashing at all.

Evan Lunda is not a gifted 1P player. I assume he's good at rotation games. "The Red Rifle" Jamie Farrel knows how to play 1P, but he's a little past his prime. He just loves the competition, and there's no way he would not play a local pro event. He's Mr. Action.

It's a helluva group though-- like a miniature DCC finals. A tempest in a teapot!

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

It's interesting that most of the field will be playing for 3rd or 4th place money. There are 4-5 guys who have almost no chance of cashing at all.

Evan Lunda is not a gifted 1P player. I assume he's good at rotation games. "The Red Rifle" Jamie Farrel knows how to play 1P, but he's a little past his prime. He just loves the competition, and there's no way he would not play a local pro event. He's Mr. Action.

It's a helluva group though-- like a miniature DCC finals. A tempest in a teapot!

~Doc

I don't think Evan is quite ready to take down this crowd, but he does have a solid one pocket game, and mixing it up with these guys like he has been doing should help out his progression.

I played him in the tournament at Derby City a few years back and he can play.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I don't think Evan is quite ready to take down this crowd, but he does have a solid one pocket game, and mixing it up with these guys like he has been doing should help out his progression.

I played him in the tournament at Derby City a few years back and he can play.

If we were to break down this field into four quadrants where the first four players are the best and the next four players are the fifth to eighth position I would put Evan in the 9th to 12th group. He's a very talented player that has the game to win against any player, however, playing in a tournament of this magnitude he may not allow himself to gst comfortable enough to show us his real game. Like John Henderson said "this kid can play"

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

~Doc

Evan may not be super gifted but he's been playing 1P since he was a kid. He can definitely beat some of those guys in a race to five. I watched him beat John Smchidt in 9 ball 7-0.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Another AWESOME event from Buffalos Billiards in New Orleans.

This will be a Who's Who of pool, both players and sponsors. Dont Miss it!

We are doing a EARLY 6 month pass to include ALL 3 MAY events from Buffalos!!! $150. Covers everything we do until November 30, 2016. Regular Price is $120. That ALL 3 Buffalos Events for only $10 ea with a Premium 6 month Pass.

Event Pass 29.95
Day 1 Thursday - 10.95
Day 2 Friday - 14.95
Day 3 Saturday - 14.95
Final Day - 19.95
Finals ONLY - 12.95

Players are: Efren Reyes, Scott Frost, Alex Pagulayan, Jeremy Jones, Justin Hall, Danny Smith, Jason Brown, Cliff Joyner, Jamie Farrel, Dennis Orcollo, Josh Roberts, Corey Deuel, Richie Richeson, Chris Gentile, Tony Chohan

***We are still doing the hard drive specials

Would you please post the link to the 6 month special. Your web site shows nothing for it. Where is the onepocket.org discount?, I cant find it.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Would you please post the link to the 6 month special. Your web site shows nothing for it. Where is the onepocket.org discount?, I cant find it.

I found the link to the tournament using the link on these pages. Going stright to the website using my bookmark did not work. I still didnt see the onepocket.org discount.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
As John said, there's plenty of parking, although not a parking lot like one might expect. This is New Orleans, so you can pretty much park anywhere you like. New Orleans is probably the closest we come in the U.S. to a third world city. It's almost Latin American in feel, only more laid back....:D Laissez les bons temps rouler, baby!

~Doc

Hahahahahahaha......parking in New Orleans. You mean getting ticketed and/or towed dont you. Unless it has changed since I was there. The other thing I remember about the Big Easy is the size and population of the Palmetto bugs. The buses, restaurants, everywhere because they are below sea level. Its funny to be at Cafe Du Monde eating a baguette and watch the barges float by overhead. One of the best steaks I ever ate was in New Orleans. I had to fight the Palmetto bugs for it but the steak was cooked perfectly. Good food in the French Quarter. Crawdad by the dozen.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I just purchased but just have white screen.
Are they streaming now?