Ruling Question ???

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Well I was gambling with kid the other day and I had a ball hanging in my hole, he shot at the cue ball but obviously pushed it and had the tip on there way too long. He called a foul on himself as it was very obvious and went to spot my ball and his. I argued that he should spot his but not mine, we asked Scott and he said both come up but I do not believe it to be right. What is your opinion? :confused:

senor

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Well I was gambling with kid the other day and I had a ball hanging in my hole, he shot at the cue ball but obviously pushed it and had the tip on there way too long. He called a foul on himself as it was very obvious and went to spot my ball and his. I argued that he should spot his but not mine, we asked Scott and he said both come up but I do not believe it to be right. What is your opinion? :confused:

Loss of game, tantamount to picking up the cue ball with his hand and putting it in the pocket to replace your object ball.

Before I started to think about the situation differently, I did something similar to Rod and he asked me "How many fouls was that?" :) I guess I didn't have a good answer to that one and I began to see his point.

Wayne

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:

The rule is you get to keep your ball and he spots one for the foul. If you only needed one ball at the time then you win the game.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Wayne said:
The rule is you get to keep your ball and he spots one for the foul. If you only needed one ball at the time then you win the game.

This is what I said, because it was not a foul where the cue ball left the table. Pushing it like that would be a foul but so would turning my cue around and hitting the cue ball with my bumper. I would like to see this rule added to an official listing.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fast Lenny said:
The ball made in your pocket would only come up if your opponent pocket scratched or jumped the cue off the table on the same shot that he pockets your ball. All other fouls, it stays down. You got had by an old scam -- I'm surprised Scott went for it too...

Lenny, you should have a look at our rules :)

http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

SJDinPHX

Suspended
NH Steve said:
The ball made in your pocket would only come up if your opponent pocket scratched or jumped the cue off the table on the same shot that he pockets your ball. All other fouls, it stays down. You got had by an old scam -- I'm surprised Scott went for it too...

Lenny,

That is an old trick, that has come up many times before...an intentional cue ball foul, especially when it is your game ball hanging in the jaws, and you have another one, out of the kitchen, (easy shot)...which means him jumping the table, or following it in is not an option.
It should be loss of game (or a fist fight)..:eek:

It is an unwritten law all regular (fair playing) 1P player's abide by. Or maybe, as Steve said, it is now a written rule ?

I am truly amazed Scott ruled against you...he was either not thinking, or he was in with the other guy..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
NH Steve said:

To Steve and Dick. The kid did it unintentionally but I was shocked Scott said it was not a foul, he had no part of the guy I was playing and the guy lost that game and his money regardless. I think I am going to print the rules out and post them up in Kolby's. :)

beatle

Verified Member
what wayne and steve said has been in effect for forever. that is the rule and has always been.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Fast Lenny said:
Lenny, I don't understand the layout from your description. Where did he make one of his own balls, and how did he keep the tip on the CB too long-- all while pocketing your ball?

At any rate, as the others have said, providing that the CB stayed on the playing surface, your ball stays down. His would be spotted up.

Doc

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:
Lenny, I don't understand the layout from your description. Where did he make one of his own balls, and how did he keep the tip on the CB too long-- all while pocketing your ball?

At any rate, as the others have said, providing that the CB stayed on the playing surface, your ball stays down. His would be spotted up.

Doc

Doc

He was shooting a hanger of mine in but was stretched across the table, he pushed the cue ball and made my ball. He admitted to fouling and spotted that ball and one of his, I argued that unless the cue ball comes off the table or goes in the pocket my ball stays down but his comes up. Scott said they both come up, had another one pocket player say the same.

Going to print out the rules on here and have them in the room for people to see. Funny thing is a beat a guy 4-0 last night in one pocket and he ask me to play 14.1. I play that game it seems once or twice a year and he plays it all the time, he does not know the rules. I asked him just to test him after he took an intentional foul about what 3 fouls equals and he replied nothing and I told him about the 15 ball loss and he was clueless.