Grey Ghost...where are you ?

Deeman

Verified Member
Second and third on that. Met him in New Orleans last month, a nice guy.

We have a guy form our area not accounted for yet but we are hoping he has not contacted anyone here yet.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
The guy I know who was out there checked in today. He is about 25 miles fomr the scene. Tough way to make a living when things go south.

Glad Greyghost is fine.

DeeMan

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
Sorry for not getting here sooner, but yes everything is fine on my end. We could see the fire but nothing in detail being 20miles away. Still smelled that burnt oil/diesel in the air today.

You guys should know that a one pocket player knows better than to get stuck in a trap like that.

Thats one of the things I like about my trade....ITS VERY SAFE. I don't have all kind of guys helping me like electricians, and don't have to worry about drilling rigs and the dangers around them. Production is dam safe, and being a pneumatic tech is about the safest job on a production rig next to being a galley hand lol, so long as you don't do anything stupid....and I DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID....now if I could adhere to that mantra in One Pocket I don't think I'd ever lose lol.

sorry for the worries,
Keeb-

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Greyghost said:
Sorry for not getting here sooner, but yes everything is fine on my end. We could see the fire but nothing in detail being 20miles away. Still smelled that burnt oil/diesel in the air today.

You guys should know that a one pocket player knows better than to get stuck in a trap like that.

Thats one of the things I like about my trade....ITS VERY SAFE. I don't have all kind of guys helping me like electricians, and don't have to worry about drilling rigs and the dangers around them. Production is dam safe, and being a pneumatic tech is about the safest job on a production rig next to being a galley hand lol, so long as you don't do anything stupid....and I DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID....now if I could adhere to that mantra in One Pocket I don't think I'd ever lose lol.

sorry for the worries,
Keeb-
great to hear you are ok:) you fellow members care about you. larry

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
lll said:
great to hear you are ok:) you fellow members care about you. larry

I seen that, b/f I knew what was going on they had :eek: threads about my where abouts and well being on AZ yesterday. Made me feel :cool: and :D lol

you guys aint getting rid of me that easy :)

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Glad you're OK G-G.

From what I seen on the news, there ain't no easy way to die on an oil rig out at sea. I feel bad for the families of the men who died. Sad story.

Deeman

Verified Member
Greyghost said:
I seen that, b/f I knew what was going on they had :eek: threads about my where abouts and well being on AZ yesterday. Made me feel :cool: and :D lol

you guys aint getting rid of me that easy :)

Greyghost,

In truth, I was much more worried about that beautiful girlfriend of yours! Any gal who would sit around and watch us shoot for hours on end is a winner in my book. :)

Glad you are fine. Take care and we'll see you next time we swing your way.

DeeMan

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
Well if something does every happen to me out there, I'll will her to you lol.

I met her in a pool hall where she was working (its not like i go anywhere else lol) but she's not into pool really. I do like it that she doesn't mind me going play every so often, but in a way I wished she was more interested in it. But then again I taught my ex and she started hanging with me and the wolf pack and at times we all wanted to strangle her lol....thought b/c she was tight with me, gabe, shane, joey and everyone in OK that she knew what the hell she was talking about. Honestly she jarred the hell out of me and my friends when she was around.

It's nice that Jen lets me run some not that i get out much, theres nothing worse than a woman who goes 9th degree about you wanting to go hit balls every so often....my little buddys ex HATED POOL, couldn't stand it, always griped bla bla bla. I would have fire coming out of my shoes I'd be running so fast if I had a girl like that.

Even tho Jen's not really into it....she sure does make good eye candy for sharking my opponents just by being there lol. I'll be shooting really well sometimes and show off a little bit just incase she's watching, but she never is lmao. Oh well great to have her around tho ;)

take care Dee hope to see you guys again soon,
Keeb-

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What happened?

What happened?

Greyghost, what's the real deal with that rig explosion? Any conspiracy theories? What do you think happened? Why hasnt any of the survivors been on TV telling their version? With all the supposed fail safes in place, what would it have to take for everything to go so wrong so badly?

What impact do you think Obama's Climate Change Advisor is going to have on solving any of the problems there?

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I've heard some expert commentary on the disaster from people unaffiliated with BP, who design and build these rigs. The say that it would have been nearly impossible for this to have been an accident. They state that there are so many redundancies built into these systems to prevent such an occurence. They suspect sabotage.

Of course the government and evironmental extemists want it to have been caused by BP. But why were SWAT teams sent to the area? It'll be very interesting to see the evidence develop.

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
He'll get to the bottom of it.

He'll get to the bottom of it.

gulfportdoc said:
I've heard some expert commentary on the disaster from people unaffiliated with BP, who design and build these rigs. The say that it would have been nearly impossible for this to have been an accident. They state that there are so many redundancies built into these systems to prevent such an occurence. They suspect sabotage.

Of course the government and evironmental extemists want it to have been caused by BP. But why were SWAT teams sent to the area? It'll be very interesting to see the evidence develop.

Doc

That Climate Change Advisor, the Pres sent will for sure get to the bottom of it.
Too many Greenhouse Gases accumulated around the rig.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
That Climate Change Advisor, the Pres sent will for sure get to the bottom of it.
Too many Greenhouse Gases accumulated around the rig.

Beard

Not to worry, The O-man has flown over, and assessed the situation...Reed and Pelosi will do a fly-over soon, and I'm sure they will have things under control forthwith.
Plugging the leak with those three idiots...would be my favorite fix...:cool:

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
SJDinPHX said:
Not to worry, The O-man has flown over, and assessed the situation...Reed and Pelosi will do a fly-over soon, and I'm sure they will have things under control forthwith.
Plugging the leak with those three idiots...would be my favorite fix...:cool:

Yea all the sh*t they must have used to fill out that Nobel Peace Prize application...multiplied 10fold it still aint plugging the leak.

The company screwed up, there should have been an automatic failsafe below the back pressure valve in case it could not close....most platforms I work on if something happens the down hole valve will shut automatically.

It boils down to someone was completely stupid despite all their paperwork stating otherwise.

Stuff like that you cover your ass twice...then a third for good measure. thats why many platforms have electronics and pneumatics if one fails (usually electric) then the other has back up.

I don't understand when you have something that HAS to work...then IT MUST WORK, no questions asked.

This is what happens when your too dam smart,
Grey Ghost

Skin

Verified Member
Greyghost said:
Yea all the sh*t they must have used to fill out that Nobel Peace Prize application...multiplied 10fold it still aint plugging the leak.

The company screwed up, there should have been an automatic failsafe below the back pressure valve in case it could not close....most platforms I work on if something happens the down hole valve will shut automatically.

It boils down to someone was completely stupid despite all their paperwork stating otherwise.

Stuff like that you cover your ass twice...then a third for good measure. thats why many platforms have electronics and pneumatics if one fails (usually electric) then the other has back up.

I don't understand when you have something that HAS to work...then IT MUST WORK, no questions asked.

This is what happens when your too dam smart,
Grey Ghost

That's what I've been thinking about this, too, GG. Where is the design redundancy so the flow can be shut off no matter what?

I read that the cement used to seal between the pipe and hole might have been the problem - it didn't set properly or something and gas leaked up through it and exploded. I assume the thing could still be shut off inspite of that, right, or they wouldn't have been trying it?

We're glad you weren't on that particualr rig, you know. Dangerous work.

Skin