Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's still game 6 and the Miz is up 3-2 in games and 3-1 this game. It's his shot. What would you do?

SM's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

This should help clear your mind to see the shot:p

Racqel Welch 3.jpg

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
This shot looks good on paper to me......

Attachments

• Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#2 - OnePocket.png
    Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#2 - OnePocket.png
    549 KB · Views: 0

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
This is my choice. Not much to gain by shooting at the seven or the two but a lot to lose. I'm waiting until the 13-1 combo is moved. With two balls on my side hopefully he wouldn't get to crazymiz 2.JPG

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm ducking (as usual, lol) off that loose stripe 15-ball? that is the only really open ball on Hall's side. I'd like to land behind or slightly bump that combo close to Hall's pocket. This looks like a natural rolling half-ball carom, so odds of me hitting it decent are -- decent :)

PS I set this up and tried it once -- cold -- and it didn't come out exactly like this, but give or take a few little kisses and bumps it was pretty similar and the results were pretty good.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-01-09_18-05-23.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-01-09_18-05-23.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This shot looks good on paper to me......

Ace....your the the only guy I know, who in comparison, can make Rod look like a squeezer...:eek:...:D

- Ghosty

I'm ducking (as usual, lol)

Steve....You're not 'ducking' safely enough - your duck is "fraught with peril"..:eek:...trust me, you should get in formation in Frank Almanza's 'flock' if you're ducking...:heh...

In this spot, I can't imagine shooting off of any ball but the 2ball...although instead of how Frank want's to hit/leave it - I'd leave the cueball diagonally behind the 1-13 balls, 1/3-1/2 diamond above Buddy's pocket, to protect my 2ball and 7ball from him knocking them away.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Mkelley

Verified Member
From
Indiana
Ok here it goes... :confused:

I like... I wouldn't say smash but a firm solid hit on the right side of the 5 ball. My thinking is that I can follow through slide down underneath by the 1 and 13. The 12 should absorb energy and send it away as well as the cue ball trickles down to the first diamond sending 15,10,6 over to my side.

Then... what we will hear next is eww's and ahh's from the audience! :lol

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

I like... I wouldn't say smash but a firm solid hit on the right side of the 5 ball. My thinking is that I can follow through slide down underneath by the 1 and 13. The 12 should absorb energy and send it away as well as the cue ball trickles down to the first diamond sending 15,10,6 over to my side.

Well the 15 ball is going towards your opponents pocket and may collide with the 12 ball and leave a hanger there, which may be big trouble. The balls are kinda looking like a jail break on your shot. Anyway I like your creative idea. Keep scheming. :)
Rod.
P.S. Imagination's what makes great players. ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Well Mk....I haven't used this guys pic in awhile, to show a proper reaction to a forum members suggested shot - but re. your shot choice here, I think it will be a fine way for the Ghost to welcome you to the onepocket.org asylum...:D >>>

- Ghost

PS, And Mk, you'll notice that there's a guy posting on here all the time that they call the "Duck'...well, don't believe anything that he ever says, cuz his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor, if you know what I mean...;)

Attachments

• laughing_clown.jpg
    laughing_clown.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That is hilarious... Love it!

**Note to self** watch out for the duck!

One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, And Mk, you'll notice that there's a guy posting on here all the time that they call the "Duck'...well, don't believe anything that he ever says, cuz his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor, if you know what I mean...

MK,

Ghosty & I try to avoid the Duck like the plague but he always finds us anyway. Be careful. The ever-alert reporters at the Onion found him down at the pond recently.

The Onion said:
'Maybe Hang Out In The Water Awhile, Then Look For Some Old Bread,' Duck Tells Self
Maybe_Hang-R_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
MK,

Ghosty & I try to avoid the Duck like the plague but he always finds us anyway. Be careful. The ever-alert reporters at the Onion found him down at the pond recently.

Hey Dennis.....I am positive that I know what that intense look in the Duck's eye means = He's spotted a wino sitting on the bank of the pond with a 1/2 pint of YK in a paper bag, and he's trying to think of a move so that he can get it from him...:eek:...:D...:p

- Gh:lolsty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
That is hilarious... Love it!

**Note to self** watch out for the duck!

Mkelley,

Welcome to the forum, sir...You seem way too intelligent, to fall for the 'Rust Belt Lunatic' (Dennis) and the 'Gh:rolleyes:at's', (One Pocket Ghost) inane babbling...

I takes both those half wits, to take on the Duck, and then its really NO CONTEST...They often beg the 'Beard' for help, and that makes it a little closer..(but, alas, all of them together, are about 14 cards short of a full deck)..:lol :lol :lol

RBL is a 'Snowblower Operator' (no snowy, no worky) and the Ghoat's knits sweaters for the homeless, or something like that ? (big bucks there)..;)

It will not take you long, to weed out the retard's..Have a great day...
and remember...'The Duck is always watching' !

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
PS, And Mk, you'll notice that there's a guy posting on here all the time that they call the "Duck'...well, don't believe anything that he ever says, cuz his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor, if you know what I mean...;)

MK,

Not only does the Duck's elevator not hit the top floor, he also suffers from several mental illnesses, chief among them being "pogonophobia". That's the reason for his poor bank shooting and refusal to visit Chicago. He's been that way ever since he saw a picture of a handsome young Beard:).

Young Beard.jpg

Pogonophobia, don't let it happen to you.

Fear of Beards.jpg

Mkelley

Verified Member
From
Indiana
Mkelley,

Welcome to the forum, sir...You seem way too intelligent, to fall for the 'Rust Belt Lunatic' (Dennis) and the 'Gh:rolleyes:at's', (One Pocket Ghost) inane babbling...

I takes both those half wits, to take on the Duck, and then its really NO CONTEST...They often beg the 'Beard' for help, and that makes it a little closer..(but, alas, all of them together, are about 14 cards short of a full deck)..:lol :lol :lol

RBL is a 'Snowblower Operator' (no snowy, no worky) and the Ghoat's knits sweaters for the homeless, or something like that ? (big bucks there)..;)

It will not take you long, to weed out the retard's..Have a great day...
and remember...'The Duck is always watching' !

Gives new meaning to flying south now doesn't it!
I'm sure the duck is thinking to himself... "These idiots paid for this"

I think that is what SJDinPHX was warning me and referring to in the other thread about ghost lessons at 50 a week..

So cowboy is a snow blower connoisseur, and ghost can knit with the best of them. **taking notes**

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
This is my choice. Not much to gain by shooting at the seven or the two but a lot to lose. I'm waiting until the 13-1 combo is moved. With two balls on my side hopefully he wouldn't get to crazyView attachment 5084

I like Franks shot and it was my 1st choice. I think it can be hit a bit firmer trying to hide the 2 ball with the 7 ball. I think you can use this extra speed without selling anything out. Keith

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Mizerak looked at the 4 ball for a minute and then changed his mind.

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

Too bad for him as he shot the 7 ball and tried to get safe too. If he had just made up his mind to make the 7 without regard to playing safe I'm betting he would have made it, except it's the wrong shot anyway.

Miz's Miss.jpg

He left Buddy here, it was his last shot in game 6:eek:

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
So Buddy munched on that combo and ran out. That's another reason I liked my shot better :)

Neat to see how interested Buddy was (in the background) in what Miz was lining up to shoot.