Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Verified Member

Default Jerry Brock passes?

I just received word that Jerry Brock passed away this morning. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Verified Member

Rob, I haven't heard anything about that. I just called Gbru, who lives in Mobile. He said he heard that Jerry was in the poolroom a couple of weeks ago shooting well. On the other hand he reportedly has been in poor health for some time. George is going to check it out and let us know.

~Doc
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Verified Member

Just heard back from Gbru. Yes, Jerry died yesterday morning. He'd had emphysema and COPD. I don't know what else. He'd been a heavy smoker his whole life. He was around 68 years old.

Jerry was a very good player and hustler who was able to support himself over the years by playing. He had a powerful stroke even through his older years. He played all the games well.

I'd had many enjoyable conversations with Jerry. He had a good sense of humor, and was easy to talk to. Jerry was one of the shrinking legions of road men who are gradually passing on.

He's survived by his wife. I don't know if he had children. Gbru will post if he hears more.

~Doc
Old 04-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Rob, I haven't heard anything about that. I just called Gbru, who lives in Mobile. He said he heard that Jerry was in the poolroom a couple of weeks ago shooting well. On the other hand he reportedly has been in poor health for some time. George is going to check it out and let us know.

~Doc

Joe Nelson said he saw Jerry in the poolroom last Friday night with his wife. He said he had gained some weight and was looking well. He was shooting one of the locals and Joe said he was shooting pretty sporty.

Joe said he had a daughter by a previous marriage. He mentioned the cue-maker Don Simmons. I think it was his daughter who Jerry was previously married to. I had met his current wife Louis and had them over for dinner a few times. I don't have her number so I won't be able to find out any other details at this time.

I'm assuming that the services will be in North Carolina since that is where he was from originally. If I find out more details I will post it here.