Make It Happen One Pocket

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Support Accu-Stats and the game we all love...One Pocket.

The best 6 one pocket players in the world will be playing a round robin format on the Diamond 5X10 pool table in New Jersey starting on April 11th thru April 14th. Go to ...Accu-Stats On Line... to purchase the stream.

Alex Pagulayan
Scott Frost
Shane Van Boening
Efren Reyes
Cory Deuel
Shannon Daulton

This is a tournament that we can't afford to miss, please support Accu-Stats and help them stay relevant as they continue to bring to us the best of the best in pool.

Thank you,

Bill Incardona

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Damn,:frus
I need to start paying better attention to what's going on n the pool world!
I am in MD. as I write this and headed back for Florida tomorrow afternoon.
I could have delayed my trip up this way and found time to go to this round robin event had I known of it. My error. Now it is too late and I must return home so I will miss out on a lot of on sight wonderful One Pocket play from these super players.

Dr. Bill, You of course will be there to do more of your excellent commentary for Pat? Lucky guy.:):):)

Tom

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Damn,:frus
I need to start paying better attention to what's going on n the pool world!
I am in MD. as I write this and headed back for Florida tomorrow afternoon.
I could have delayed my trip up this way and found time to go to this round robin event had I known of it. My error. Now it is too late and I must return home so I will miss out on a lot of on sight wonderful One Pocket play from these super players.

Dr. Bill, You of course will be there to do more of your excellent commentary for Pat? Lucky guy.:):):)

Tom

Thanks Tom. I really would like to encourage every player that enjoys playing and watching one pocket to join the stream next week. I promise you that you will be happy you did. I know that there will be some of the best one pocket played there that has ever been played and I'm thrilled to be doing the commentary along with Danny Diliberto. I just can't imagine why any aspiring one pocket enthusiast wouldn't ...make time... to watch this tournament. Every match will be a great match, just look at the field.:D You want to see Reyes play Shane? Or how about Deuel (DCC One pocket champion) playing Daulton. Then there's always those that would like to see a rematch between Alex and Frost.:eek: Don't forget this is a round robin format..every player will be playing every other player one time.:cool: Don't miss it.

Dr.Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Support Accu-Stats and the game we all love...One Pocket...This is a tournament that we can't afford to miss, please support Accu-Stats and help them stay relevant as they continue to bring to us the best of the best in pool.

Thank you,

Bill Incardona

Wouldn't miss it for the world Bill !...Its no easy task, to get the six greatest players, to all come together like that...It's probably not a huge prize fund, so I feel maybe the guy's are showing their allegience to Pat...And thats great, for all he's done for pool, over the years !

PS. Also looking forward, to YOUR great commentary..;) (Might Charles Barkley be available for 'color' ?..He KNOWS, his one hole).. :)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Wouldn't miss it for the world Bill !...Its no easy task, to get the six greatest players, to all come together like that...It's probably not a huge prize fund, so I feel maybe the guy's are showing their allegience to Pat...And thats great, for all he's done for pool, over the years !

PS. Also looking forward, to YOUR great commentary..;) (Might Charles Barkley be available for 'color' ?..He KNOWS, his one hole).. :)

You're so right when you say that it's no easy task to get the worlds best 6. players together to compete against one another, so true. And to make it even better..it's a round robin format....wow!!!! If for some reason any one can't make it to watch the stream (too bad) Pat will have the entire tournament formatted in DVD'S.

This will be the most special one pocket show ever...in the history of the game.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You're so right when you say that it's no easy task to get the worlds best 6. players together to compete against one another, so true. And to make it even better..it's a round robin format....wow!!!! If for some reason any one can't make it to watch the stream (too bad) Pat will have the entire tournament formatted in DVD'S.

This will be the most special one pocket show ever...in the history of the game.

Dr. Bill

one pockets version of all star weekend.....:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Never before in the history of our game have the worlds 6 best players been brought together to compete in a round robin format. We'll be able to watch each player compete against all five of the other players. Every match will be like watching a finals match in a tournament

As a reminder i'll post the players again and then we can envision.

Pagulayan
Frost
Reyes
Van Boening
Deuel
Daulton

Lets support all the people that put endless hours into streaming, to bring to us the best of the best in pool. Accu-Stats has been doing what they do for over 30 years. Thanks in advance to every one that supports Accu-Stats...TAR....Big Truck... and all the other streamers that are partially responsible in keeping pool relative.

Enjoy the tournament.

Bill Incardona

JAM

Verified Member
I am happy for the one-pocket aficionados that Accu-Stats is taking the ball and running with it by presenting this great extravaganza. It is pretty cool, in fact.

That said, I am once again disappointed to see Cliff Joyner, the best American one-pocket player of the '90s and 2000s, a player who had to give up EXTREME weight in one-pocket action, is not considered worthy enough.

The very fact he is not included in the One-Pocket Hall of Fame has always been upsetting to me personally, considering his speed in one-pocket compared to those who have been inducted ahead of him.

I don't want to bring up the race card in this, because I actually do *not* believe it is racially motivated. Is the fact that he continues to be overlooked for one-pocket events based on Internet popularity? Is it based on popularity in general? I'm not sure, but it is a travesty, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, I realize women's opinions don't matter much to some, as evidenced by reading some of the replies on this and other pool forums to women, as if their contributions don't mean squat, but I'm expressing myself here anyway, so there. :)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I am happy for the one-pocket aficionados that Accu-Stats is taking the ball and running with it by presenting this great extravaganza. It is pretty cool, in fact.

That said, I am once again disappointed to see Cliff Joyner, the best American one-pocket player of the '90s and 2000s, a player who had to give up EXTREME weight in one-pocket action, is not considered worthy enough.

The very fact he is not included in the One-Pocket Hall of Fame has always been upsetting to me personally, considering his speed in one-pocket compared to those who have been inducted ahead of him.

I don't want to bring up the race card in this, because I actually do *not* believe it is racially motivated. Is the fact that he continues to be overlooked for one-pocket events based on Internet popularity? Is it based on popularity in general? I'm not sure, but it is a travesty, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, I realize women's opinions don't matter much to some, as evidenced by reading some of the replies on this and other pool forums to women, as if their contributions don't mean squat, but I'm expressing myself here anyway, so there. :)
This was voted on based on what the viewers who paid for the package wanted. Cliff is an underdog to everyone on that list, sad but true. There are actually a few other guys who are a favorite over him these days also. Scott did say he wished Cliff was in this but like I said its up to the people paying for the package which are the same people "making it happen".

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Jenny, you and others are disappointed that the great Cliff Joyner wasn't chosen as one of the 6 players to compete in this event. However, there can only be 6 players chosen. Cliff was one of the players that just missed getting in when the votes were tallied. There can also be a case made for Sylver Ochoa and Gabe Owens who also narrowly missed getting into the field of six:sorry. This tournament was made possible by the people that bought a package to support Accu-Stats and with the package came the voting rights to choose who they would like to see play in the event. Personally, I think that the votes submitted got it pretty close to right, if not right. When you talk about the 4th. 5th. and 6 th. best one pocket players in the world there's always going to be a heated debate. Heck...we can't even decide who the best player is...let alone who the 5th and 6th. Best players are.:confused: Any ways I happen to like and respect Cliff not only for his ability as a player but also how he handles himself when competing. He's always been a gentlemen, and a very good sport whether he wins or loses, that can't be said for many of the top players.

As far as Cliff not being inducted into the One Pocket Hall Of Fame....will the sun come out tomorrow?.....is it cold in Alaska? :D

Say hello to Keith for me, and have a great day.
By the way, your opinion is always welcomed with me.;)

Bill Incardona

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I think Pat should try this. Get non hard core pool players to watch a match for a solid hour. Make it groups of four, five ?, charge em nothing to attend, but they will be asked to fill out a questionaire when finished. It would be very interesting to hear what Non players say about such a simple game to watch, just get a ball in your hole and not allow the other guy to do the same. I read a post awhile back on AZ, a similar situation came up with husband/wife. He said she stopped, watched and started asking questions right away after realizing what One pkt was. Easy to understand from a beginners perspective.