Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Verified Member

Default The simple simple truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
I could be wrong, but doesn't that mean everyone would then be waiting for the slowest players??

No, but It could mean that the slower player have a shorter time on the waiting list occasionally. It would have to be an extreme case to cause a problem, unless were talking about a very small chip tourney, where the waiting list is very small to begin with. Even if it did happen where we have one person who takes 2 hours to play every single game, then we would find they are behind a game or two...then we would have that person play those games at the end of the day to get caught up. With 32+ players and 12 tables, I donít see it happening as the waiting list might be an hr or more each time. All it would take is one normal length game to get him caught up. With the extreme case, that I mentioned that slow player would absolutely ruin any other format but this format he would barely impact.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Verified Member

My thought is that if you have a player that plays so consistently slow that he needs to be moved to the very top of the waiting list each time, and at the end of the night he still is behind on games, then so be it. We tried to help by moving him up the waiting list, but thatís possibly where we should draw the line. If heís behind a game or two, then oh well.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Verified Member

Another thought, is that once a player gets to the point where he needs moved up on the waiting list...he automatically gets put on a shot clock (along with his opponent or opponents if he stays on the table by winning). We could ask someone from the waiting list to run the shot clock... If he doesnít need moved up the next time, then no shot clock required. I think it would take more than one slow game to cause this to occur.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Verified Member

Yet another thought is that the slow player might be low on iterations but not necessarily on games. Players low on iterations maybe should not be cutting in front of players who have played fewer games...so might not be needed unless heís low on games and iterations...idk...almost a philosophical discussion lol.