Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2019, 12:07 AM
Verified Member

Default SVB wins

SVB wins the Big Dog 1P. Second at the US Open. Not to shabby. I’d like to see him in a big money match with Tony.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:29 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
SVB wins the Big Dog 1P. Second at the US Open. Not to shabby. I’d like to see him in a big money match with Tony.
Tony was the one that made Shane quit one pocket.... for a while.

He played very well. He's moving better. The way the draw worked out, he never had to play Alex, but he ended up beating Corey twice.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Verified Member

Shane is playing better. I would like to see him play Bustamante, Hall, Deuel and Smith right now. I don't think he wants anything to do with Tony or Alex or Dennis, but I think anybody below those guys would be close. His execution, like the other top players, is his best weapon.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
Shane is playing better. I would like to see him play Bustamante, Hall, Deuel and Smith right now. I don't think he wants anything to do with Tony or Alex or Dennis, but I think anybody below those guys would be close. His execution, like the other top players, is his best weapon.
agreed and would love to see it...I would choose Deuel or Smith to go against him as I think they are both better than Justin (no offense, just my opinion)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
agreed and would love to see it...I would choose Deuel or Smith to go against him as I think they are both better than Justin (no offense, just my opinion)
We all know what Justin is capable of, but his drinking makes his play uneven. That and he refuses to practice. He'd even admit that.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
We all know what Justin is capable of, but his drinking makes his play uneven. That and he refuses to practice. He'd even admit that.
I hate to see that, Joe. So many of the greats in pool history have gone down the tubes with booze and/or drugs. In the old days just about everyone was doing something, so most were equally impaired. But today most of the top players are on the "natch".

I recall at the Buffalos' event when you and I were talking with him. You told him he looked like sh*t (from being up all night partying), and he gave a lame joke answer. So he knows he's got a problem.

At age 31, Justin has only a few more years left of being able to party and get away with it. After that, he'll soon not be able to beat any of the good players. I hope he's able to straighten up and fly right.

~Doc
Old 07-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I hate to see that, Joe. So many of the greats in pool history have gone down the tubes with booze and/or drugs. In the old days just about everyone was doing something, so most were equally impaired. But today most of the top players are on the "natch".

I recall at the Buffalos' event when you and I were talking with him. You told him he looked like sh*t (from being up all night partying), and he gave a lame joke answer. So he knows he's got a problem.

At age 31, Justin has only a few more years left of being able to party and get away with it. After that, he'll soon not be able to beat any of the good players. I hope he's able to straighten up and fly right.

~Doc
Maybe that happened to James Walden. He couldn’t beat me 8-7
Old 07-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Maybe that happened to James Walden. He couldn’t beat me 8-7
What?

Next you're gonna tell me Mike Tyson couldn't beat Buford Crabtree.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Verified Member

I think corey has troubles with shane mentaly but in bustamante shane I like busty for the cash
Old 07-19-2019, 04:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
What?

Next you're gonna tell me Mike Tyson couldn't beat Buford Crabtree.
I should have said, I was getting 8-7