Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
Well heck if we are all such great kickers , I like head rail my long rail and then make the combination in my pocket and squirell the cueball over to his side of the table and just get out , heck this game is easy.
This shot is really not that tough. Not much can go wrong and the upside can be a game winner. You got a hube 10" plus window to hit here. Even clipping the 4 or 7 is not the end of the world and probably produces good results. If you can't go up and down into a 10" plus window on a steepish angle you can see then this is not the game for you. Hell even the 5 ball looks behind the line if somehow you scratch.
Attached Images

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Old 08-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
rafael martinez would jack up and with masse would kick and make the combo..............
i am sure all of us have that shot in our repertoire...........
Attachment 24900
Cooler,
think about playing that same shot but coming off the point, like a Gary Spaeth bank shot. The cb will obtain right English when coming off the point and then spin back off the opposite side rail into the combo. You can also add right English on the cb, but it will get it naturally. Whitey
Old 08-29-2019, 08:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
Cooler,
think about playing that same shot but coming off the point, like a Gary Spaeth bank shot. The cb will obtain right English when coming off the point and then spin back off the opposite side rail into the combo. You can also add right English on the cb, but it will get it naturally. Whitey
like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgL5aEtvjz0
Old 08-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Verified Member

There comes a time when you really don't have a decent shot either to improve your position, or protect your position, it's then that you have to use your pool sense and figure out where to leave your opponent where he can do the least damage and possibly leave you in a better situation when you return to the table. Understanding this here's my decision.

I would play off the 14ball sending the 9ball to hit my opponents side rail and back to my side while trying to position the cue ball to the top left quadrant of the table as close to the top left pocket as possible. From there my opponent will have quite a few things to think about and when I return to the table I should have a much better situation to deal from.

Dr. Bill
Old 08-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Verified Member

Cincy Kid, Cooler!
Forget what I said about the Gary Spaeth shot, it is to hard to get enough spin for you have to create to much angle to clear the combo and you can not get enough spin to reverse back off the opposite side cushion.

Instead elevate the cue 10 -15 degrees and come down on the cb with 4 - 5 o'clock, come off the point and jump over the combo, and then come off the side rail and it reverses back into the combo. Just did this shot! Wow what a shot! Whitey
Old 08-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Thanks for the link Cincy
I need to practice that shot .......
Old 08-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Cooler,
Quote:
Cincy Kid, Cooler!
Forget what I said about the Gary Spaeth shot, it is to hard to get enough spin for you have to create to much angle to clear the combo and you can not get enough spin to reverse back off the opposite side cushion.

Instead elevate the cue 10 -15 degrees and come down on the cb with 4 - 5 o'clock, come off the point and jump over the combo, and then come off the side rail and it reverses back into the combo. Just did this shot! Wow what a shot! Whitey
I will try the the shot your way whitey
Old 08-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Verified Member

Considering Mike/Mitch's 4 times cross-corner shot from 2 wwyd's ago...and a coupla of the shot's in this wwyd...I believe that going forward I'm gonna change the name of these threads to:

Wwyd?, or instead, what fantasy shot can you find here that you wouldn't actually shoot in a real game, unless your name is Tony Chohan, you're sky-high on speedballs, or you're just playing for funsies........
Old 08-29-2019, 01:12 PM
Verified Member

Default Off Point Jump Shot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F99cgQsNw1UeDP2z9
Click on Video to get sound & enlarge.
On 1st try I did not get enough power and the 14 hanged, made it on the 2nd try. I stopped the video @ 28 sec. and caught the cb suspended in air over the balls! Would be nice to frame that pose. It reminds of Minnesota Fats masse' jump shot, or whatever, where as the cb is caught suspended in air.

I am not saying this is the go to shot, of course. Just another shot to put up for fun!
I very much like Dr. Bill's shot selection, and that would be my first choice!!! Enjoy! Whitey

unlocking the magic of one pocket!

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 08-29-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:52 PM
Verified Member

Default Ghost vs. Pat 36 wwyd?

Quote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F99cgQsNw1UeDP2z9

Click on Video to get sound & enlarge.

I am not saying this is the go to shot, of course. Just another shot to put up for fun!

I very much like Dr. Bill's shot selection, and that would be my first choice!!! Enjoy! Whitey

unlocking the magic of one pocket!

Take that, Ghostie 😂😂