Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2019, 12:47 AM
Verified Member

Thumbs up Frost vs Chip - One Pocket for $20,000 a Man

I like Frost. Just looking for a small sweat. Bet $20-$200. First come first serve.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
I like Frost. Just looking for a small sweat. Bet $20-$200. First come first serve.
I'd take $240 to $200 if you're interested.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:15 AM

I'd like to bet Scott whines about the table some more, throwing his arms up in disbelief even though he's had time to figure out the quirks.

Window is wide open.

If real money was on the light, i'd bet Chip. ( if scott keeps getting in 1P stroke over the next few months he would be the obvious pick )

With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:03 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOnePocket View Post
I'd like to bet Scott whines about the table some more, throwing his arms up in disbelief even though he's had time to figure out the quirks.

Window is wide open.

If real money was on the light, i'd bet Chip. ( if scott keeps getting in 1P stroke over the next few months he would be the obvious pick )

With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.
For what it's worth, they were doing serious woofing and Chip made the challenge but specified that the game would be in his home room in Okla City. Then Chip got staked for half of it and agreed to play at the Break Room where Sully was already set up. Sully said he couldn't afford to travel to Okla City to stream it, or to New Orleans, but he'd do it there. IOW, I'm as close as I could be to 100% that it's real money on the light, and whatever "royalty" Sully may be paying is minimal.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
You think there's enough streaming revenue to make much difference in a $40K match? I would be surprised.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:

Window is wide open.

You said the same thing on AZ, as if Scott hurt you
As far as these streams go, heaven forbid the pool community makes a few bucks.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:26 PM
Verified Member

Default Heaven forbid that anyone makes money on a stream

The NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB and every other major sports league makes money on TV broadcasts. This money is shared with the athletes. Why is it a problem in pool?

There is no unifying body for pool so promoters attempt to bring us quality content on their own initiative. They share the revenue stream with the players. Do you think that because the players get guaranteed money, they are not trying to win their matches?

Being a pool player is beyond hard. Some of the greatest players in the world can't even afford a place to live. You have to finish in the top two or three in a tournament just to make a modest profit. If they are asking for a piece of the pie, it's only crumbs anyway.

I would hope that some of you would refrain from implying the worst in people without knowing them, the facts of the match or the people putting up the money or the stream. It's reckless and it's malignant. On one hand you complain that pool is on its ass. When someone comes in to try to put on a quality match, the same guys say it's not a real match because players are making money. Remember your moms advice: If you can't say something nice about someone, Shut the **** up. Rant over.

Last edited by BRLongArm; 09-16-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Verified Member

Iíll take Scott for a 100.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
You said the same thing on AZ, as if Scott hurt you
As far as these streams go, heaven forbid the pool community makes a few bucks.
Naw there's no I'll will in my statement, or hopefully it doesn't read that way, I root for Scott and think of him as a HoFer.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Verified Member

Amen.

That said, pool gamblers have a long and well documented history of dumping and doing business, and we all know it, which does make it hard to know what to believe even when it is happening right in front of us or on a stream. This history has pretty much poisoned the well, and has deterred most of the main stream sponsors and media companies from any participation in US events. Maybe Matchroom can change the texture of this problem going forward.

Also: the money prizes in pro sports, and the TV advertising and rights revenues, are paid by corporate sponsors, not put up by the players or their backers as a wager. Isn't that a fundamental difference to what happens in these made for TV pool events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
The NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB and every other major sports league makes money on TV broadcasts. This money is shared with the athletes. Why is it a problem in pool?

There is no unifying body for pool so promoters attempt to bring us quality content on their own initiative. They share the revenue stream with the players. Do you think that because the players get guaranteed money, they are not trying to win their matches?

Being a pool player is beyond hard. Some of the greatest players in the world can't even afford a place to live. You have to finish in the top two or three in a tournament just make a modest profit. If they are asking for a piece of the pie, it's only crumbs anyway.

I would hope that some of you would refrain from implying the worst in people without knowing them, the facts of the match or the people putting up the money or the stream. It's reckless and it's malignant. On one hand you complain that pool is on its ass. When someone comes in to try to put on a quality match, the same guys say it's not a real match because players are making money. Remember your moms advice: If you can't say something nice about someone, Shut the **** up. Rant over.