Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-17-2019, 08:56 AM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,162
Default

Dang, sorry I missed this one!

So for those who watched, what would you say Scott's downfall was? Did he have bad Cb control? Miss too many shots? Or did Chip just beat him to the shot and out play him?

Just curious, I would have bet Scott here.

Thanks!

(and for the earlier WWYD, I am with Cory, 4 rail kick intentional under the stripe by his hole)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-17-2019, 10:27 AM
BRLongArm BRLongArm is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Dang, sorry I missed this one!

So for those who watched, what would you say Scott's downfall was? Did he have bad Cb control? Miss too many shots? Or did Chip just beat him to the shot and out play him?

Just curious, I would have bet Scott here.

Thanks!

(and for the earlier WWYD, I am with Cory, 4 rail kick intentional under the stripe by his hole)
He got outclassed in all phases. I think Chipper might have put Frost in retirement. Below is from Scott's Facebook:

"Well it’s that time to man up and congratulate Chip Compton for beating me in one day. The first three games I had zero chance to win and he put it on me playing perfect. He played better than me and he got the good fortune but earned it and that’s how it goes. I think I lost four games needing one ball with him needing four or five and it was due to bad decisions. I’m going to speak some truth and I’m not afraid to. Its been a real struggle getting consistent confidence back after my two year break opening Freezer’s. I’m going to have to step back and take a look at what the future and pool hold for me. I’ve won it all and done it all playing onepocket so I’ve gotta ask myself if it’s really possible at 44 or even more so worth it? Thanks to all who rooted for me and so many people and even top players that bet on me I’m more sorry than you know I promise, but I’m sorry."
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-17-2019, 10:36 AM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
He got outclassed in all phases. I think Chipper might have put Frost in retirement. Below is from Scott's Facebook:

"Well itís that time to man up and congratulate Chip Compton for beating me in one day. The first three games I had zero chance to win and he put it on me playing perfect. He played better than me and he got the good fortune but earned it and thatís how it goes. I think I lost four games needing one ball with him needing four or five and it was due to bad decisions. Iím going to speak some truth and Iím not afraid to. Its been a real struggle getting consistent confidence back after my two year break opening Freezerís. Iím going to have to step back and take a look at what the future and pool hold for me. Iíve won it all and done it all playing onepocket so Iíve gotta ask myself if itís really possible at 44 or even more so worth it? Thanks to all who rooted for me and so many people and even top players that bet on me Iím more sorry than you know I promise, but Iím sorry."

It was hard to fathom Scottís decision not to play the score a few times when he was up in the ball count, but Chip played so good that any player might go on tilt a bit.

That was not the Scott we were expecting to see and you had to be impressed with some of the outs Chip made when Scott did give him an opening.
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON
Al Romero Cue
Mezz Chalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-17-2019, 11:46 AM
BRLongArm BRLongArm is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
It was hard to fathom Scottís decision not to play the score a few times when he was up in the ball count, but Chip played so good that any player might go on tilt a bit.

That was not the Scott we were expecting to see and you had to be impressed with some of the outs Chip made when Scott did give him an opening.
The Chip we saw last night beats everyone in America. When you play that well, you are going to put the heat on your opponent. Frost has broken many a player with his high gear. Last night, he got to experience what it feels like when your opponent punishes you for every missed shot, every mental error.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Dennis "Whitey" Young Dennis "Whitey" Young is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Klamath Falls, Or.
Posts: 1,202
Default

I felt after the two challenge matches with Smith, that Scott should take these guys on, on his home turf, at least until he gets back into stroke after his two year lay off.
He did play very well, played the score, and had magnificent cb control with leaving Smith against balls continually. Whitey
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-17-2019, 02:45 PM
beatle beatle is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

look you get a little older you lose the killer instinct to win and also the ability slips just enough to sink you against those younger that play about the same.

remember between top players there is just a small difference and a few games or sets doesnt lend a big enough sample to really mean anything.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Mr.J's Avatar
Mr.J Mr.J is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Novice here guys.
I cant recall the games, but Chips breaks early on were a great display for me on how a good break can set that tone. His breaks put Scott on tilt, saw that a few times lol

The moment Scott and Chip started woofin at each other, around game 3/4, I noticed Scotts demeanor change instantly. As if he tilted himself. Self sabotaged. Then a few wedge games right after that, and the momentum was nowhere to be had for him. Was a fun match to watch and thanks Josh Roberts for the leather ass duties.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:51 PM
LSJohn LSJohn is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: monett missouri
Posts: 7,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
Novice here guys.
I cant recall the games, but Chips breaks early on were a great display for me on how a good break can set that tone. His breaks put Scott on tilt, saw that a few times lol

The moment Scott and Chip started woofin at each other, around game 3/4, I noticed Scotts demeanor change instantly. As if he tilted himself. Self sabotaged. Then a few wedge games right after that, and the momentum was nowhere to be had for him. Was a fun match to watch and thanks Josh Roberts for the leather ass duties.
Glad you mentioned Josh. He has gotten REALLY good at commentating.

When Chip and Scott were woofing at each other on Friday, Chip told Scott that he "couldn't win." I thought it was probably a case of "alligator mouth overloading hummingbird ass," but it appeared to me that Scott went almost immediately on tilt. Maybe the same thing happened last night. Wish I had been able to watch it.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-17-2019, 04:01 PM
Miller's Avatar
Miller Miller is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East St. Louis Area
Posts: 4,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
Dang, sorry I missed this one!

So for those who watched, what would you say Scott's downfall was? Did he have bad Cb control? Miss too many shots? Or did Chip just beat him to the shot and out play him?

Just curious, I would have bet Scott here.

Thanks!

(and for the earlier WWYD, I am with Cory, 4 rail kick intentional under the stripe by his hole)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLongArm View Post
The Chip we saw last night beats everyone in America. When you play that well, you are going to put the heat on your opponent. Frost has broken many a player with his high gear. Last night, he got to experience what it feels like when your opponent punishes you for every missed shot, every mental error.
i watched most of it and imo chip played near excellence.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Mr.J's Avatar
Mr.J Mr.J is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
Glad you mentioned Josh. He has gotten REALLY good at commentating.

When Chip and Scott were woofing at each other on Friday, Chip told Scott that he "couldn't win." I thought it was probably a case of "alligator mouth overloading hummingbird ass," but it appeared to me that Scott went almost immediately on tilt. Maybe the same thing happened last night. Wish I had been able to watch it.
LOL, that saying. Noted haha
I think the same exact thing happened yesterday with the woofin, from my couch it sounded like Chip started the woofin or his pals. Who knows, but i know it tilted Mr.Frost. Chips banks yesterday were very nice, holy smokes.

I enjoy Roberts commentating very much, caught the first wind of his commentating at Freezers icehouse in 2017 I believe. Was a breath of fresh air.
Another thing about Roberts ive noticed, I cant recall the tournament that was streamed, was at Griffs, whole run is a blur for me. It was after all matches and the camera / stream was still running. The dude, josh roberts was helping Alex with his break, then some other kid, and another. He was always helping whoever it may be. Friends im sure. But its cool to see that type of interaction that one usually never sees. He seems like an all around great guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.