Accu stats make it happen one pocket invitational

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
HERE IS ALL THE INFO
http://www.accu-stats.com/2015MIH1P.pdf
this is from the promo at azb
Six superstars will compete in the 2015 “Make It Happen” One-Pocket Invitational scheduled for June 25-28, 2015. Who will they be?

Only the best are invited to “Make It Happen” events. Accu-Stats will select two of the contestants while the other four will be voted in by supporters who purchase a “Make It Happen” package. This is an all expenses paid trip for these players and they will pay no entry fee. As always, 100% of the support money goes into the event. Accu-Stats takes nothing.

This four day round-robin event will be staged in the Aramith/Simonis Arena at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey. All six players will play each other and will receive $1,000 for each win. Every match will be of “finals” caliber.

Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with Simonis 860 Cloth and Aramith Balls. The best commentators in the business, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Kenny Shuman will provide the play by play.

To find out more about our “Make It Happen” package, go to accu-stats.com and see what you’ll get by supporting this event. You may even win $1,000 for yourself. Don’t hesitate and feel free to call me personally at 800-828-0397. Only you can “Make It Happen”.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, these tournaments have been great! As I understand it, the way it works (and the reason for the "Make it Happen" name, is that it becomes up to fans and supporters of the game to "buy in" -- once sufficient people have bought in, the tournament is a go. The people who buy in get to vote for contestants, as well as receiving a significant package of goodies that include of course viewing access to the event live, plus the full set of DVD's from the event, a signed photo, a shirt, etc.

I have not done it myself but know a few who have and I have never heard anyone express disappointment -- they all seem to really get a lot out of feeling like they did something to "make it happen"!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

This four day round-robin event will be staged in the Aramith/Simonis Arena at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey. All six players will play each other and will receive $1,000 for each win. Every match will be of “finals” caliber.

Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with ...
Sounds like a first rate event with presumably the best six one-pocket players!

At first I was a little confused about the math, though. 6 guys playing each of the others one match would amount to 5 matches for each guy. So if all 6 guys play 5 matches, you'd think that would make it a total of 30 matches.

But with all 6 guys playing there would only be 3 matches per round. So when each guy does that 5 times, it would amount to just 15 matches in total (3 matches each round, 5 rounds).

I'd love to see longer races, since that neutralizes some of the luck, and is a better test for the players. With the short races to 3 it would be nice to have more players, like 16. That round robin format was what they used in the old World Pocket Billiards Championships. It was invitational 14.1.

At any rate it should be a very entertaining contest!

~Doc

keoneyo

Verified Member
Yes, these tournaments have been great! As I understand it, the way it works (and the reason for the "Make it Happen" name, is that it becomes up to fans and supporters of the game to "buy in" -- once sufficient people have bought in, the tournament is a go. The people who buy in get to vote for contestants, as well as receiving a significant package of goodies that include of course viewing access to the event live, plus the full set of DVD's from the event, a signed photo, a shirt, etc.

I have not done it myself but know a few who have and I have never heard anyone express disappointment -- they all seem to really get a lot out of feeling like they did something to "make it happen"!!

Ive bought into several of them. Ive been very happy to be a part of it. Pat is great and the Accu-stats team are all supportive. If you dont buy into it for the $300 I hope you do purchase the stream or the DVD's. Its one of the ways to keep well run competition alive. If corporations wont do it its up to the fans to keep it perpetrating.

The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Ive bought into several of them. Ive been very happy to be a part of it. Pat is great and the Accu-stats team are all supportive. If you dont buy into it for the $300 I hope you do purchase the stream or the DVD's. Its one of the ways to keep well run competition alive. If corporations wont do it its up to the fans to keep it perpetrating.

The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.

I assume you meant "perpetuating?" I agree, the 10' tables found the players really struggling at strategy and shotmaking. Hell, the table was so big (or the arena so small) that Frost was forced to change his stance when shooting off the rail.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Yes. I thought Pat would to go to race-to-four when he changed back to 9-ft table. Oh, well.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
HERE IS ALL THE INFO
http://www.accu-stats.com/2015MIH1P.pdf

Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with Simonis 860 Cloth and Aramith Balls. The best commentators in the business, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Kenny Shuman will provide the play by play.

I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

Dennis

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

Dennis

tap, tap, tap.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dennis
have you ever called or contacted pat to convey your opinion??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

this one will be a 9 footer so no problems there...:)
p,s i also have been a supporter and i hope those with the love of the game and the means to be able to support this
will open their wallets to support it
to get all the dvds pays for itself:)

Deeman

Verified Member
Sounds like a first rate event with presumably the best six one-pocket players!

At first I was a little confused about the math, though. 6 guys playing each of the others one match would amount to 5 matches for each guy. So if all 6 guys play 5 matches, you'd think that would make it a total of 30 matches.

But with all 6 guys playing there would only be 3 matches per round. So when each guy does that 5 times, it would amount to just 15 matches in total (3 matches each round, 5 rounds).

I'd love to see longer races, since that neutralizes some of the luck, and is a better test for the players. With the short races to 3 it would be nice to have more players, like 16. That round robin format was what they used in the old World Pocket Billiards Championships. It was invitational 14.1.

At any rate it should be a very entertaining contest!

~Doc

Doc,

Have to agree that round robin is a great format for finding out who is the best, especially over several days and makes it impossible to get an "easy" road through an event.

Pat's productions have always been first rate and I look forward to seeing this.

DeeMan

keoneyo

Verified Member
Ill be putting in my $300. My only criteria is that DANNY DILIBERTO and BILL INCARDONA must commentate on at least 50% of the matches.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Dennis

Same reason I decided not to buy this time.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

Dennis

Though most don't have the stones to say it, I wholeheartedly agree. He calls dumb shots, gets tunnel vision, argues needlessly and doesn't really convey much pool knowledge.

He does have some good stories, but by now we have all heard them all. At least twice.

Let's get some new blood in there.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
tap, tap, tap.

I also have to add a couple of "tap, taps." Nothing personal against Danny. He' a great player and champion but is past his expiration date when it comes to commenting.

Lou Figueroa

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
No Kenny

No Kenny

I personally don't care for Shuman. I don't get how you hire someone to commentate a game they don't like. It makes me cringe every time i hear him say on they air he doesn't like one pocket while he's doing the show.... :frus

keoneyo

Verified Member
Though most don't have the stones to say it, I wholeheartedly agree. He calls dumb shots, gets tunnel vision, argues needlessly and doesn't really convey much pool knowledge.

He does have some good stories, but by now we have all heard them all. At least twice.

Let's get some new blood in there.

I dont think it has anything to do with having the "stones". Its sentiment and how we feel about it. Youre right the guy is 80 this year. He's old. His jokes are old. His songs are old. He's repetitive like old people are. But he wont be around much longer so no worries for those who dislike him so.
Thats the thing with old people. They're no longer relevant. Their not with the times. We wish they would just fade away. But some just dont want to. They insist on making themselves heard and positions known.
I can relate to that sentiment in a way. Freddie used to irritate me with his "beat list". Also his total loyalty to Chicago and its players. Grady did it too. Hang on to things that just passed him bye. I realized though that after talking with him that these things meant a lot to him and I had learned to respect them. Its only that I learned to respect others besides just my own conclusions about how this world should be. And respect those who came before me.
It would be easier if those stubborn old fools would just take their place and die. Then we could all make our speeches and platitudes and pat ourselves on our backs. Unfortunately Danny Diliberto just wont go quiet into the night. He wants to work. He loves the game so much he wants still to be a part of it. Doesnt he knows he just doesnt belong anymore?
And thats the sentiment.
Ill be 68 this year. Im in a youth based industry. I refuse to give up though. I too have my beat lists. I have to remind all these young punks who I worked with and who I have competed with. They laugh at me and joke behind my back. But I am not going quietly. I will fight for every inch of this industry I can to take care of mine. I hope I have the guts to do it till Im 80 like Danny has. For me he is inspiration and I dont mind his ways. But I understand how you feel.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I dont think it has anything to do with having the "stones". Its sentiment and how we feel about it. Youre right the guy is 80 this year. He's old. His jokes are old. His songs are old. He's repetitive like old people are. But he wont be around much longer so no worries for those who dislike him so.
Thats the thing with old people. They're no longer relevant. Their not with the times. We wish they would just fade away. But some just dont want to. They insist on making themselves heard and positions known.
I can relate to that sentiment in a way. Freddie used to irritate me with his "beat list". Also his total loyalty to Chicago and its players. Grady did it too. Hang on to things that just passed him bye. I realized though that after talking with him that these things meant a lot to him and I had learned to respect them. Its only that I learned to respect others besides just my own conclusions about how this world should be. And respect those who came before me.
It would be easier if those stubborn old fools would just take their place and die. Then we could all make our speeches and platitudes and pat ourselves on our backs. Unfortunately Danny Diliberto just wont go quiet into the night. He wants to work. He loves the game so much he wants still to be a part of it. Doesnt he knows he just doesnt belong anymore?
And thats the sentiment.
Ill be 68 this year. Im in a youth based industry. I refuse to give up though. I too have my beat lists. I have to remind all these young punks who I worked with and who I have competed with. They laugh at me and joke behind my back. But I am not going quietly. I will fight for every inch of this industry I can to take care of mine. I hope I have the guts to do it till Im 80 like Danny has. For me he is inspiration and I dont mind his ways. But I understand how you feel.

Well said. I am fond of him personally from the HOF so I don't mind so much the occasional repeated story. Maybe Ken is there for the officiating, not the commentary??

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
And thats the sentiment.

Let's not make this something it isn't. To wit, I am not generally knocking on old people, nor am I commenting on Danny as a person, player or Hall of Famer. Rather, I am specifically targeting his one pocket commentary.

Being an avid consumer of pool videos, I am both knowledgeable and well within bounds to offer up my considered opinion, which, I might note, is shared by a significant portion of fans in the know.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Let's not make this something it isn't. To wit, I am not generally knocking on old people, nor am I commenting on Danny as a person, player or Hall of Famer. Rather, I am specifically targeting his one pocket commentary.

Being an avid consumer of pool videos, I am both knowledgeable and well within bounds to offer up my considered opinion, which, I might note, is shared by a significant portion of fans in the know.

That may be so but what I gave you is my reason why I support him so. I might note there is a significant portion of the fans in the know who support him as well. Obviously Pat Fleming is one.