9-Ball is so boring ....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Some of you must have noticed the "One Pocket is so slow..." thread on AZB -- and some of the replies you have to admit are pretty funny. But I thought just for giggles, how about a 9-Ball thread :D because while One Pocket, yes can be slow, 9-Ball is definitely boring!

There are some obvious classics, like 9-ball is like paint by numbers compared to Picasso.

So what have you got, to put a finish to this line?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The classic comparison is that 9-ball is like checkers, compared to one-pocket which is like chess. Maybe hopscotch in comparison to a decathlon.

But 9-ball definitely takes some thought. "Okay, I made the 3 ball. Now what should I shoot? Oh, I guess I should shoot the 4 ball." ...:rolleyes:

~Doc
wishing he
could run 9

Henry

Verified Member
Some of you must have noticed the "One Pocket is so slow..." thread on AZB -- and some of the replies you have to admit are pretty funny. But I thought just for giggles, how about a 9-Ball thread :D because while One Pocket, yes can be slow, 9-Ball is definitely boring!

There are some obvious classics, like 9-ball is like paint by numbers compared to Picasso.

I love pool but can't hardly stand to watch rotation games because they are so boring and the reason is the rules. Texas express ruined 9 ball. Everyone plays perfect and if they don't they just play safe very seldom are they put in a position to make a tough shot under pressure.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Steve your reachin' :). Summers are great aren't they.

To me all games are great. To watch the game played winner break/loser rack. With a ball maker like Earl in his prime is invigorating. I was at CJ's 4-96 when he did the ten pack + 1 on Nick Mannino, Breedloves best man.

To me this is how this game is played. Like Cohan one pocket....agressive and in your face....Like Pancho Gonzales in tennis. He's was an animal on court but off court he was just fine, and wonderful to be around.

To me tennis gets boring too, but the mano/mano moment of players at the peak of their game gets me going Nadal/Federer.

I'm sure Billy I. can set yet straight he played top end Nine ball. Cohan and Frost play it pretty sporty also, I think Cardone would of robbed em both in rotation, could of given weight I'm sure.

Last edited:

oldschool1478

Verified Member
From
Quincy, MA
When exactly did pool become such a spectator centric sport?

When I played in the mid 60's pool was a contest between two people,
and others hanging around were just a distraction.

I never played in bars, maybe that's why?

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

Sex and 9 ball are not spectator sports.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Not one of you would do well on Jeopardy! To play this game you have to begin your answers with "9-ball is so boring".

i.e. 9-ball is so boring unless you can't count, then it's exciting. hahahaha

9-ball is so boring that they had to introduce the skittles ball colors (Cyclop) so people played the wrong ball once in a while. LOL

Carry on :)

unoperro

Verified Member
Well Steve now someone will say "1 pocket is so slow,they started a 9ball is boring thread so they would have something to do between shots":sorry

But I will play: 9ball is so boring they have racking drama to garner interest.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
One Pocket Boring?

One Pocket Boring?

Those who think One Pocket is boring didn't see Tony (T Rex) Chohan play last weekend at California Billiards in the West Coast Swing. Tony shot some incredible shots and played perfect ball speed. Watching Tony play one pocket was very exciting. A lot of offensive shots tempered by fine safety play.

It's why I enjoy one pocket.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Now you've gone too far. I am from the Detroit area and went to many of the Tiger games when the Bird was pitching. We (Tiger fans) loved him and his antics. LOL

I quit watching baseball because of him! Come on you got to throw the ball! He'd do everything but throw the ball. If it was my team, I too would be ok with it! Other than taking to long to throw the pitch he was a great pitcher. Whitey

youngstown

Verified Member
9-Ball is so boring ....

9b is so boring that we need the president to make it great again.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I quit watching baseball because of him! Come on you got to throw the ball! He'd do everything but throw the ball. If it was my team, I too would be ok with it! Other than taking to long to throw the pitch he was a great pitcher. Whitey

Ok, Ok, he was a little deliberate...and quirky. It was great if you were rooting for the Tigers, which I was, so I agree. Actually I appreciate you bringing up fond memories. LOL

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
both games are boring to play if you dont bet enough to make it hurt if you lose.

with todays player most pool is boring to watch. and all televised games are worse as everyone has to conform.