Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Verified Member

I have faith in all of you.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Verified Member

Nice to see I got a rise out of a couple of members who disagree with my speed assessment. One guy, Mkbtank, Mitch, is still young enough to have hopes of future success, and I accede to him, another guy, Dr Bill, also begs to differ, when actually he is the epitome of the over-the-hill-gang. Maybe he is daydreaming that he is like Val Kilmer, who played Doc Holiday in Tombstone, when he said, "Not me, Johnny Ringo, I'm in my prime!"

Beard
Old 02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Verified Member

Default keep trying

I want to play until I can't make a ball... each year I go to derby, each year I feel like a guppy amongst sharks, yet each time I play a little better... i think if I ever stop working 60 or so hours a week, my game might improve a little more...or if I stop sustainment drinking that might help also... but I ain't giving up yet...

B
Old 02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Verified Member

Default Thank to Steve and the One Pocket.org members

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
Nice to see I got a rise out of a couple of members who disagree with my speed assessment. One guy, Mkbtank, Mitch, is still young enough to have hopes of future success, and I accede to him, another guy, Dr Bill, also begs to differ, when actually he is the epitome of the over-the-hill-gang. Maybe he is daydreaming that he is like Val Kilmer, who played Doc Holiday in Tombstone, when he said, "Not me, Johnny Ringo, I'm in my prime!"

Beard

Thanks Beard. I'm gonna go far because I have a long way to go . I'll get there.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post
I want to play until I can't make a ball... each year I go to derby, each year I feel like a guppy amongst sharks, yet each time I play a little better... i think if I ever stop working 60 or so hours a week, my game might improve a little more...or if I stop sustainment drinking that might help also... but I ain't giving up yet...

B
but I ain't giving up yet....

is that the " sustainment drinking "????
just askin????....
jk bille but i couldnt help it
i agree if you spent 60 hours a week on your game instead of work everybody better WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............
Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
You need to speak for yourself and not for others, however, I do understand how you feel about your game. If you know what I mean.

Bill Incardona
Most of us can remember, when we were in our late teens, 20's and 30's..We were all full of hope, and confidence !.. It was just a matter of how good we would eventually become, at the game we all loved !..Those were the best of times.

As we drift into our 40's and 50's..the seeds of doubt may sneak in..(even if we deny it)..If by our 60's, we haven't become a world beater yet, reality sets in and we are mature enough to realize, we probably aren't going to make it..By that time, the impenetrable wall (aging) will hit everyone..Vision, coordination, nerves etc., all will slip a notch or two !

Every generation can only have so many Mosconi's, Ronnie Allen's, Buddy Hall's, Earl's, Efren's, or SVB's (and its usually only ONE or TWO, per generation)
To the youngsters among us, I say, play your heart out, bet your ass off, keep your nose clean, and be the best that YOU can be !..If you can do that, you WILL be a champion to your family and friend's..That is a more satisfying feeling than you can ever believe..

SJD
Old 02-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post

Beard
No, i'm not in my prime but I am going to make a come back, I can feel it in my spirit. I'm only 70 years old and that's not that old, ask all my adversaries. They must know something...yes, and i'm starting to believe them. My foot is feeling better (ice and elevation) and my arthritic hand is feeling better. (celebrex) I have most of the solutions for what ales me and my mind is still sharp. I think.

Bill Incardona
Old 02-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post

B
Being mule-headed is an actual prerequisite to being a good pool player. Dont stop now. Take Cardone for example. There aint been many in history more mule-headed than him. He aint quit. Maybe there is even hope for him, although I havent received any jelly from him in a long, long time.

Beard

I'm still trying and I'm fukin ancient.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
but I ain't giving up yet....

is that the " sustainment drinking "????
just askin????....
jk bille but i couldnt help it
i agree if you spent 60 hours a week on your game instead of work everybody better WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

the miller boys at dcc (bille, dave, dustin) could give any other trio 9-7 and the breaks in sustainment drinking....