Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 AM
Verified Member

I suggested the incoming player can either put the cue ball back where he thought it was or he can take ball in hand behind the head string. Thanks for everyone's opinions. I think its interesting that it isn't specifically covered anywhere.
P.S. I do have one question for everyone who gave an opinion... If you were playing your mortal enemy would your ruling be the same?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Verified Member

I think it should just be loss of game.

I am not sure why we, as pool players, are so pleasant to our opponents when they make huge blunders on the table, and total homicidal maniacs at all other times. This is loss of game, I am not sure why we want to sugar coat things. I think multiple fouls during any one shot should be loss of game, or it could very conceivably be taken advantage of if the penalties are not enforced. AND, since when in the hell does a "brain fart" or "not meaning to do something" matter in sport!!! This is all said with the underlying truth that you are never going to get a ball back to its exact original location.

I think the 2nd best solution is incoming player replaces the cb to where he thought it was, with no influence from fouler.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 03-31-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
I think it should just be loss of game.

I am not sure why we, as pool players, are so pleasant to our opponents when they make huge blunders on the table, and total homicidal maniacs at all other times. This is loss of game, I am not sure why we want to sugar coat things. I think multiple fouls during any one shot should be loss of game, or it could very conceivably be taken advantage of if the penalties are not enforced. AND, since when in the hell does a "brain fart" or "not meaning to do something" matter in sport!!! This is all said with the underlying truth that you are never going to get a ball back to its exact original location.

I think the 2nd best solution is incoming player replaces the cb to where he thought it was, with no influence from fouler.
It would not be loss of game in tournament play. However, in private play, if the opponent could convince the perpetrator that he should agree to loss of game, then more power to him...

Doc
Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Verified Member

How about this scenario: I owe a ball. As I'm paying it up, I accidentally drop it on to the stack, scattering the balls everywhere. Foul? Loss of game? Neither? Rerack and start over?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
It would not be loss of game in tournament play. However, in private play, if the opponent could convince the perpetrator that he should agree to loss of game, then more power to him...

Doc
Call me crazy, but I think if the rule is loss of game, then he should probably lose the game.

I am not sure why we think making a HUGE blunder is not enough to lose a single game of one pocket. We lose single games all the time for a lot less.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback View Post
How about this scenario: I owe a ball. As I'm paying it up, I accidentally drop it on to the stack, scattering the balls everywhere. Foul? Loss of game? Neither? Rerack and start over?
No foul, because when you are spotting a ball, you are actually acting in the role of the referee -- spotting balls is their job. Interesting though, a referee might look at it differently if a player themselves (in a refereed match) reached for a ball and went to spot it themselves and bumped a ball, because in that case, they are not supposed to be touching the balls!

Anyway, from our rules:

Quote:
6.7 It shall not be a foul to accidentally touch the cue ball while removing an object ball from an adjacent pocket, or when spotting a ball where the cue ball interferes. It shall be a foul for the incoming shooter to accidentally touch an object ball with the cue ball while placing it in a ball in hand situation.
Whether you re-racked or just did the best you could replacing the balls would be up to the players, or a stand in official (such as the houseman) if the players could not agree.