Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
frank
if you come to fl this season
come to vero
we can play
at my house or in cunninghams my home town room
tom can watch
and instead of pulling what hair is left out...............
can critique us

larry
Unfortunately, I resemble that remark but Larry, that was cruel.

I'll get even when it comes time to critique your match with Frank.

Tom
Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Verified Member

Default Your true identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Frank Goldblatt.........no relation to Goldblatt's Dept store or Goldblatt's masonry tools or Mark Goldblatt or....oh never mind.
From Phila by way of Burholme, Blvd, but the best being Cue and Cushion Roosevelt Mall in the 60's. 67yo..been playing since 14. Realized I need professional help. Took the PSF course with Scott Lee a few times. Shooting much better. Currently taking 1P lessons from a 1st class person/player/instructor from DelRay....YO Tom...how ya doin. I got interested in 1p about a year ago. I'm slowly learning and loving every minute of it. I don't gamble or compete. I enjoy playing my buddies. Gonna make it to Vero Beach sometime to play lll. Hey Larry...thanks for referring me to TW.
BTW onepocket.org is a great exclusive site. Thanks for all that contribute. Frank

hobbies:
playing pool
have a few cues
cue repair (have a lathe....tips & shaft finishing just for fun...not for money)
pen turning
jazz
cars

I'm 3 minutes from Holme and the boulevard. Are you still local?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Verified Member

My car could drive itself to Mike Fusco's Blvd. Social & Athletic Club yrs ago ( intersection of blvd.,Bustleton Ave. & Robbins Ave.) Best of times. Gr8 room.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
and instead of pulling what hair is left ...............
HiJack....FOUL...dirty pool here. Sensitive subject...I'm in the "What Hair is Left line"
Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Verified Member

aka, side pocket kid
aka, hose boss
aka, little richard the giant killer
aka, richie
aka, king richard

55 year old c player, palm beach county fl.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrichardthelionheart View Post
aka, side pocket kid
aka, hose boss
aka, little richard the giant killer
aka, richie
aka, king richard

55 year old c player, palm beach county fl.
your name???
just askin???
Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Verified Member

ricardo lopez born in havana cuba 12/24/58, family immigrated to fl summer of 1960 palm beach county.
started going to the cue room on congress ave in lake worth fl about 1975, met and hung out with many very well known players in the 70s 80s.
loved pool but didnt ever play good, grover lines got me into playing one pocket at his pool hall about 1998.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Verified Member

Straighback here, otherwise known as Dan Clark. I am 40 y/o and am located in Owensboro, KY.

I was born in San Luis Obispo in '73. Lived all along the west coast as a child, moving from place to place as my dad was a union journeyman wireman who worked on nuclear plants and hydroelectric damns.

Moved to Kentucky in the early '80's, started playing 9-ball in 1990. Our local hero is Nick Varner, who we used to watch run hundreds of balls playing straight pool or rack after rack of nine-ball. His practice partner and protege of sorts, Ray Schulz, showed me the game, who some of you may remember from the Camel tour.

Went to college at UK in the early '90's, played out of Steepleton Billiards in Lexington. Went to law school, practiced law for 12 years, got a MA in sociology and now teach psychology and sociology.

Love pool, music, nature, national parks, Tolkien, literature, food, gardening, travel, cheeses, and the Grateful Dead.

Been playing 1p since 2006. My best game is probably bank pool but I find it boring and a bit one-dimensional. Favorite commentary: Freddy Bentivegna, Nick Varner, Grady Mathews, Billy Incardona, and Scott Frost. My personal opinion? Tell Diliberto to lay off the 4-rail kick and "its just a survival shot."

Favorite 1p players: Jeremy Jones, Nick Varner, Steve Cook, and, of course, Efren Reyes.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Verified Member

Like Rod, I thought there was info on me in the "About Me" section of the viewer profile, but I guess that format has changed.

My name is Art Tripp. I'm a Chiropractor in Gulfport, Miss., on the Dixie Riviera. Hence the nickname "Doc". At 70 years old I've had two major careers: music and chiropractic. I was born in Ohio, reared in Pittsburgh, spent many years in Calif., then finally fled Calif. fascism in 2000 for more freedom in the deep south. I had a very interesting span in the music business, but now I enjoy the anonymity of a smaller town replete with southern charm.

The highlights (or lowlights) are in longer form at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Tripp

There is also a modest website: www.traditionalchiropractic.com There are additional pictures in the "Hollywood Days" section.

~Doc
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Verified Member

65 yr old
with grand children....now I'm 66
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 08-20-2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: TMI