My Newest Cue ~ Jerry Rauenzahn -R-

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I got this last night and got to play with it for a bit, 4 games of some cheap one pocket (I won every game) and an hour of practice and I love the hit of it. This Jerry R has the -R- on the buttcap and the signature on it which I guess is not the norm. This is my first Jerry R cue and I now know what all the good talk was about, classic designs and an excellent hit, fit and finish is top notch also. Thanks Hunter! :smile:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Fast Lenny said:
I got this last night and got to play with it for a bit, 4 games of some cheap one pocket (I won every game) and an hour of practice and I love the hit of it. This Jerry R has the -R- on the buttcap and the signature on it which I guess is not the norm. This is my first Jerry R cue and I now know what all the good talk was about, classic designs and an excellent hit, fit and finish is top notch also. Thanks Hunter! :smile:

I play with one of his cues Lenny, and have two of them. Not a better cue out there for the $$.

I have lost more than a few games with mine though, but I think it is operator error, not the cue.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
jrhendy said:
I play with one of his cues Lenny, and have two of them. Not a better cue out there for the $$.

I have lost more than a few games with mine though, but I think it is operator error, not the cue.
John, I have seen his cues and love the traditional style. Mainly I have played with big pin phenolic jointed cues so I was not sure how this was going to play in comparison, it moves the ball well and hits great. I am very happy with it and having owned about 100 cues I think this one is a keeper. Can you post some pics of yours? :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Fast Lenny said:
John, I have seen his cues and love the traditional style. Mainly I have played with big pin phenolic jointed cues so I was not sure how this was going to play in comparison, it moves the ball well and hits great. I am very happy with it and having owned about 100 cues I think this one is a keeper. Can you post some pics of yours? :)

I think I attached the pics of the butts.

Both are traditional, four points w/inlays & ebony into BEM. The top cue has his "1/2" stainless joint and is my main playing cue.

The bottom cue is older with windows below the leather wrap and has a radial pin.

Both butts are the same weight and I have quite a few shafts for both of them.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
John, I heard his 1/2 stainless joint is one of his best and the feedback is very good. They both look great especially the one with the windows in the butt. :)

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Those are some nice R cues. I like those simple timeless designs. Thanks for sharing.

John: did you order straight from jerry? If so how long was the wait? Thanks.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
P00lh0li0 said:
Those are some nice R cues. I like those simple timeless designs. Thanks for sharing.

John: did you order straight from jerry? If so how long was the wait? Thanks.

Both were used cues purchased off Az Billiards site. The cue with windows actually cost less because it was an older cue and the shafts were not in great shape.

Matt_24

Verified Member
I love those old school Szamboti-esque playing cues!

What size MM shaft do you like John? What kind of tips do you have on there?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Matt_24 said:
I love those old school Szamboti-esque playing cues!

What size MM shaft do you like John? What kind of tips do you have on there?

I'm not real particular when it comes to tips. The shafts on the "R" I am playing with are Moori mediums, but I really can't tell the difference on the layered tips unless they are too hard.

Frank Wojo

Verified Member
Full Splice-R-

Full Splice-R-

Jerry is now making a full splice cue at the rate of about one a month. He already has 16 orders lined up! I shpuld get mine around Christmas...can't wait!