Best Spot I Ever Had

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
One saturday morning around 1979 I was cleaning the small pool hall Bananas Rodriguez and I owned in San Antonio. When David DeLa Rosa walked in. They called him Continental David because he drove a new Continental and always had three or four good looking girls with him. The place was called Ye Old Billiard Parlor. The late Continental Dave was from Detroit and was dying to play. His best game was banks. I told him we would be open in an hour and Sammy Jones or Bananes would be in and give him some action. He said that he wanted to play now and he would spot me in banks his two rails to my one rail for two hundred a game. Bananas was trying to teach me to play so I called him and asked should I play . He said take the money out of the cash box and if I lost this match to never hit a ball again.

I won sixteen games in a row and he paid off like a little soldier. By that time Bananas came in and finished cleaning up and give some advice. Do not quit my day time job. Continental David got killed a few years later. He had a lot of class.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great story
obviously i thought you would tell us best spot you ever had was TWOPICKS and the hit...:D