Most balls you've seen owed

u12armresl

Verified Member
I think I've posted this before, but it was a L. Schwartz and S. Oaks match at Chris's and I believe there were 12-15 coins owed a piece.

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
not very many i believe 3 is the highest i've ever gotten but 4 is possible.

THo not the same as owing for a foul, I might have some kind of record for most retarted spot of all time I once played a one pocket match 90 to 2.

No I'm not joking, I'm dead serious. Me and Mcminn would give this particular player anywheres from 20-3 to 30is-5 and we would battle to see who could give the most weight. Well we both were getting around the 40 ball range, and we started woofing and I opend my mouth and said "hell i could beat you 90-2 if i wanted too!" lol me and shane would try and one up each other.

Well we play FOREVER! lmao I did everything perfect too never made a mistake for hours. I had a little cluster of balls and one sittin about a diamond from my hole. The score was 88-0 at the time.

I made up my mind that i was a super hero and tried to thin cut the ball w/ inside and pop the cluster and get my last point in spectaular fashion....

I F*KN dogged it and put two balls right in front of my opponents hole! I WAS PISSED OFF BEYOND RECOGNITION! Needless to say I didn't shoot not one game for about a week lmao, i was really sore about that. It was alot of fun tho and was a very interesting game to say the least.

I almost had a heart attack,:eek: :p ;) :D
Grey Ghost

Ktown

Verified Member
The most I ever saw owed was when Justin Cone was playing Grady at Derby. Each game started with Justin owing 12 balls IIRC.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ktown said:
The most I ever saw owed was when Justin Cone was playing Grady at Derby. Each game started with Justin owing 12 balls IIRC.
And I believe Grady owed two (20-10). After Grady won that set, I think they adjusted.;)

Doc

Ktown

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
And I believe Grady owed two (20-10). After Grady won that set, I think they adjusted.;)

Doc
You got me thinkin'. How did they adjust? I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it but didn't they adjust to where they both owed more balls, like 30-15 or something strange?

I remember they played a couple of times (one set was for 3k) and Justin won one but I can't remember how each game was played.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ktown said:
You got me thinkin'. How did they adjust? I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it but didn't they adjust to where they both owed more balls, like 30-15 or something strange?
I don't recall, Ktown. It may have been something like 13-7. Grady might remember. You could also check the archived posts for that DCC year.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
in the games that you mention where there are so many balls owed dont you get to where there is a wall of china from the spot to both short rails???

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Corrections

Corrections

We played the first set for 10 dimes, the second for 8. I won the first day and lost the second day although it went hill-hill. The second match was 16 to 8. After all of my play at that event I left 8 dimes ahead after splitting with my friend and ally, Art.
You may like how the match even came to be, to wit: I was visiting my friend the Pelican and we were enjoying the hospitality of our mutual associate the "Professor" in Starksville, MS, when out of the blue, Justin wants to hock his Cadillac to me for two thousand dollars. He was broke and had no good prospects in sight for improving that situation.I was polite in declining, at which time he offered to put up his car for the two dimes AND give me 20 to 10 in balls.I tried to council him and told why don't you leave and come back to fight another day and you'll still have your car, which you won't have if you give this game?
That was that, until I saw him at the Derby. I had already scouted the possible high rollers with whom I might gamble, knew that he a big time backer with him. So I said I'm ready to take that game you offered me. They had the traditional summit conference and decided to play.
And that's the facts, maa'm.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
More grist for ------

More grist for ------

I've certainly had my share of bad losses at the DCC, the most notable of which was the 25 dime beat I took playing Alex straight pool. I had quit smoking and was coming off one of my big craps wins and my concentration was awful. He won fair and square.
I'm kinda proud of one match I played at the aforementioned tournament where I played Justin Cone.I'm playing Nate, who is a great player and legendary gambler, a really tough guy to beat. The previous year he had offered me 9 to 8 and I declined but not because I didn't have money, something else. So he watched me win a ten thousand dollar set against Squirrel and Harold and hustles me to play. I asked him for 10 to 8 and to my surprise, he accepted.
We decide to play a race to 6 for 10 dimes. Anyway, he plays brilliantly and gets me 4 to nothing and 5 balls to one in the next game. My friend Art, who is a great cornerman soothed and advised me and to my astonishment I made a highlight reel worthy runout, with most of the balls up-table. Then I won 5 more in a row.

Ktown

Verified Member
Grady said:
We played the first set for 10 dimes, the second for 8. I won the first day and lost the second day although it went hill-hill. The second match was 16 to 8. After all of my play at that event I left 8 dimes ahead after splitting with my friend and ally, Art.
You may like how the match even came to be, to wit: I was visiting my friend the Pelican and we were enjoying the hospitality of our mutual associate the "Professor" in Starksville, MS, when out of the blue, Justin wants to hock his Cadillac to me for two thousand dollars. He was broke and had no good prospects in sight for improving that situation.I was polite in declining, at which time he offered to put up his car for the two dimes AND give me 20 to 10 in balls.I tried to council him and told why don't you leave and come back to fight another day and you'll still have your car, which you won't have if you give this game?
That was that, until I saw him at the Derby. I had already scouted the possible high rollers with whom I might gamble, knew that he a big time backer with him. So I said I'm ready to take that game you offered me. They had the traditional summit conference and decided to play.
And that's the facts, maa'm.
Thanks for the clarification Grady. I had the figure 3K in my mind for some reason. I watched a good deal of that match and Justin played better than I had ever given him credit for. I knew you guys played again but the details were fuzzy for me. Always good to see you in action, hope you find something to get into this year as well.