C. Deuel vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
For an offensive.....

For an offensive.....

.....shot,I bank the spot shot one rail for the win.For a defensive shot I bank the spot shot 1 rail back up in the kitchen and leave the CB on bottom rail.....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I would like to put a ball on my side to discourage Van Boening from doing something with that little cluster in the far corner. I don't like the way those two stripes are lined up almost like a dead carom to Shane's pocket and could possibly knock in one or more of the other balls to bring them down to the spot.

I know, I know -- I didn't learn anything from the earlier thread about what to do in this type of opposite corner to spot shot. But no way am I banking at it you can miss hit it too easily or catch a point or scratch with the cue ball and screw your self, and the shot is just too tough from deep in the corner like that.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-04-20_19-44-01.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-04-20_19-44-01.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
The bank to win is hard to pass up especially for a top payer. Play the cue ball to go two cushions toward the upper corner where the three balls are positioned. If the bank is missed bridging over the balls for your opponent could be a problem.

Dr. Bill

As long as you can bridge comfortably to spin the cue ball, I can't imagine not shooting this shot. Even if you end up making the 6 and put a ball into play that you'd rather not, your opponent is still in a tough situation. There is the possibility of scratching off the 6 though, but I think it's worth the small risk.

bstroud

Verified Member
I like Billy I's shot here.

Good chance to win and a good safe if you don't.

Bill S.t

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Maybe this. It seems like I saw this here not too long ago.
View attachment 8129

I posted your shot a while back in another thread, but in that thread the cue ball was closer to the spotted ball making the hit an easier one. Also Frank with this shot if you choose to bank at it you can use right spin and go toward the three balls and use the three balls as a good resting spot for the cue ball. The natural angle the cue ball should take with this method is ...long.. .coming off the 2nd. rail, which will then take the scratch out of the equation. If you noticed in my initial post I prefaced "especially for a top player"this option is a good one. A top player will hit this shot more accurately...more often lessening the scratch possibility.

My suggestion with shooting to win here is a perfect example of how to increase your percentage of winning when there are three or more balls on the table and you only need one of them. Allow me to explain my thoughts on this kind of a situation. We have four balls on the table and three of them are ...out of play... especially for your opponent. This is the time when you must force a battle to get ...only one ball...Both players will then be in pursuit to score the ball without having the ability to get another one. This type of strategy will only favor the player needing the one ball...(tremendously).. I know...you and everyone here knows that..so what's new.:heh Nothing is new. However, now is the time to force a situation that will greatly benefit the player needing only one ball by ="3"]forcing your opponent to play the game the way ...you want to play it.[/B]

For the player needing only one ball this is where he wants to be...battling ball for ball. Perfect scenario.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
10 ball two rails up and down to my pocket.3 rail the cue ball down to that cluster of balls.Looks like an option to me.But I'm in the wrong forum:p CFB

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
10 ball two rails up and down to my pocket.3 rail the cue ball down to that cluster of balls.Looks like an option to me.But I'm in the wrong forum:p CFB

Your shot is a very good shot taking away ...completely...the possibility of a scratch. However, your shot to me and i'm assuming to most other players... is a more difficult hit from the position referenced. I looked at your shot because of the safeness with the cue ball (always looking to play the cue ball) and wanted to post it but the degree of difficulty with the shot was Imo a little high. Don't get me wrong..there are many players that can pull off this shot with a high degree of success and you're certainly one of them. My option with the ..one rail bank is also a shot that requires a good hit, however, this option is one that most players are more familiar and comfortable with the hit, as opposed to the ..two rail bank (your option)

Bank away, Johnny boy, I ain't mad at ya.:D

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

CFB,

Even your shot would be better than what he did. In his neverending quest to find more and more creative ways of losing a game that is in hand, Mr. 2013 DCC One-Pocket champ scratched trying to cut the ball in his pocket.

cd's shot.jpg

He left SVB here:

cd's leave.jpg

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I can't believe he tried to cut that ball in this situation... this may have been corey's worst decision ever and that is saying ALOT!!!!!!!
P.S. Corey's new book is coming out.. its a take off of Buddy Hall's HOW DO YOU WIN FROM HERE? corey's book is called... HOW DO I **** THIS UP FROM HERE? lmfao

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I can't believe he tried to cut that ball in this situation... this may have been corey's worst decision ever and that is saying ALOT!!!!!!!
P.S. Corey's new book is coming out.. its a take off of Buddy Hall's HOW DO YOU WIN FROM HERE? corey's book is called... HOW DO I **** THIS UP FROM HERE? lmfao

hacker you have no idea of how badly corey wanted to lose this game
its ironic i just got my package from accustats of the2013 dcc matches i ordered
i just started watching the corey shane match figuring to give you guys a wwyd layout:)
when dennis posted his thread
having 7 balls and needing one corey missed 2 easy shots to his hole TO WIN at 2 different times
took a flier at moving a ball by shanes hole away
its almost as if he was ......OMG...................dumping...........:eek:
this game is an embarrassement to the eventual 2013 dcc 1p champion
jmho
icbw

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
hacker you have no idea of how badly corey wanted to lose this game
its ironic i just got my package from accustats of the2013 dcc matches i ordered
i just started watching the corey shane match figuring to give you guys a wwyd layout:)
when dennis posted his thread
having 7 balls and needing one corey missed 2 easy shots to his hole TO WIN at 2 different times
took a flier at moving a ball by shanes hole away
its almost as if he was ......OMG...................dumping...........:eek:
this game is an embarrassement to the eventual 2013 dcc 1p champion
jmho
icbw
Corey knew it too -- fortunately for him, he had his buy back still, so he got a second chance.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
CFB,

Even your shot would be better than what he did. In his neverending quest to find more and more creative ways of losing a game that is in hand, Mr. 2013 DCC One-Pocket champ scratched trying to cut the ball in his pocket.

View attachment 8132

He left SVB here:

View attachment 8133

Coreys shot selection in this situation makes two words come to me.... IDIOT SAVANT!!:sorry

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
coreys already forgot more than all you ball banging rail testing shortstops will ever know. :eek:

I have to disagree with that:sorry

Most of the time Cory can execute better than almost everyone, except when he shoots a really stupid shot for some stupid reason only he knows:eek:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
C. Deuel vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

coreys already forgot more than all you ball banging rail testing shortstops will ever know. :eek:

Prolly true of course but if you ask him how he performed in this loss, I doubt he will cut himself any slack -- he would say he dogged it.