The Ghost's One Pocket t-shirts

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Thanks bros...I enjoyed designing and producing them...

I do still have the screens (printing templates), so I could have more made..but my printers minimum is 25...that said, if I got at least 12 orders upfront, I'd go ahead and get a new batch printed up.

anyway I hope the members are starting to see...

Have a nice day:)

anyway I know the members have already seen...

That, as Tom, and especially Billy, have called him out on before many times...

Here's Rob's methodology for posting up his 'my way or the highway' shot choices (sometimes right and sometimes wrong) and for negating everyone elses ----->

Proving that he's right about his shot choice is always based on his, by using his mouse, hitting a not-easy-to-execute shot perfectly every time, with all the balls ending up exactly as he says they will....while he negates other posters shot choices by pretending that the balls will end up badly. <-----that's his m.o. in a nutshell.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thanks bros...I enjoyed designing and producing them...

I do still have the screens (printing templates), so I could have more made..but my printers minimum is 25...that said, if I got at least 15 orders upfront, I'd go ahead and get a new batch printed up.

Ill order at least 3

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ill order at least 3

3 down, 9 to go...

For me, being an old timer like the ghost said his opponent is, anything else could be missed my me and losing the game.

The draw requires a delicate hit that if under pressure it could be hit bad and even possibly scratch along with missing the 15 ball.

Us old timers aren't as aggressive as we used to be.

Tony(the shooter in this thread) Him being 72 and not having the abilities that that most of you have. Age, I'm sure has taken a toll on his game.

I'm past that age so I can relate. Of course the shot on the twelve is the best option with a little stun to get on the eight even if we have to hit the five ball. But at our age that shot is not as easy anymore like it used to be. The shot on the 12 at one time was at an extremely high percentage for me but these days I miss it enough times that unless I fell good about it I would shy away from it.

I think that when you get older and your abilities start to fade a bit you start looking for other options. Someday most of you will understand what I'm saying.

These are Frank's posts from the Ghost/Tony thread, and I'm glad he posted what he did cuz it speaks exactly to something I've wanted to say re. the wwyd's...

Let's not forget that the wwyd's with their shot options are a learning tool for many levels of players...for example...Tyler posted this in the Ghost vs. Pat thread, where the cut shot on the 11 was available ----->

There is a straight in ball there. I dont understand this thread.

Well, first of all the 11 was far from straight in (but that's another point) but what Tyler is not appreciating is that there's quite a lot of 'students' on here, who play at a speed 3-5 balls below me, (whether because of advanced age or inexperience) for whom the 11ball cut is not the best choice (Pat, for example, didn't want to shoot the 11 in that spot) - that's why that thread exists, and why I put it up - and that's what Tyler should understand without me pointing it out to him...those lower level players were glad to see Billy, Rob, and other better players discuss all of the pros and cons of the different carom shots, etc. that were also available in that shot situation...

...and I also get pm's from a few of these lesser players who thank me for these threads, but who don't feel they play good enough to post in them.

And Rob...you've said several times that you only give the shot choice that you would shoot if you were playing a top speed One Pocket player...maybe you should give a second option for the lower level players, instead of telling them to give up One Pocket and to go and take up shuffleboard instead...:eek:

- Ghost

the best game of onepocket i have ever personally witnessed was ghost v martinez at dcc two or three years ago. i think it was the first rack, maybe took 2-1/2 to 3 hours - it was a clinic in moves - i will always remember this game vividly because mike massey sat right down beside me and we sweated the entire ordeal out together. with mouths covered, whispering back and fourth, discussing shots, moves, strategy, etc., i got my own personal stroke-by-stroke analysis from a legend. mike mentioned two things that have stuck with me: (1) that this was one of the best games he had seen in years - if not ever, and (2) he had certainly never seen balls wedged so tight - its like they were racked up in rafeal's top corner pocket -- and at some point -- ghost and martinez managed to get the cueball right in the middle of it!

what a game.....

(for those that haven't heard or don't know...i'll tell you how ghost lost it. the last ball they had been moving around the table, digging out of each other's pocket, etc. had found its way jarred up in front of rafeal's pocket with ghost at the table. ghosty didn't try to take it out or follow it in, he tried to make it in his pocket. anyway, he hit one of those shots where the OB dances around on the corners of the pocket points and sure enough, it squirted out toward his pocket a couple inches off and a little bit too hard. :frus)

(ghost - i might let you beat me bad enough next month so you maybe feel obliged to teach me that shot :D)

:)

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I posted this on the avatar thread:
What an incredible coincidence, without reading the forum this morning, I put on my Ghost One Pocket shirt. I seldom wear T-shirts because I prefer the open neck style of henlies. My son is visiting from Texas and we are going to the beach so I thought I would wear it today. Maybe someone will ask me about it and I can recruit another player.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey guys...sorry, I forgot some of you weren't around here a coupla years ago and might not know what the shirts looked like...

But also, what the long-timers on here don't know, is that I made a second version for myself and a couple of friends of mine - a simpler version that we all wanted for a change of pace - it's the same shirt as the original, but without the pool table graphic, and with slightly larger lettering - the pic that you see below is the new version - anybody who wants to order the shirts can have their choice, or both, of the two versions...and here's some further info on the shirts for the newer guys on here...

You'll be in good company having one since Efren :heh, Alex P, Cliff, our own Dr. Billy, and many other top players own one...

I created them with a serious design - no cheesy graphics or juvenile/boastful sayings like most all pool-related t-shirts have.....I have them printed them on American Apparel t-shirts - the best blanks available...they are super-soft and comfortable and have a great fit...they cost twice as much for me to buy than the usual/cheaper/not as soft Gilden, Hanes, etc. brands of tees that all of the other makers of pool-related tees use...but I didn't create these One Pocket tees to make money (I created them so that One Pocket players could have a t-shirt to represent with, for the best game in the world), so I use the best T-shirts to print on - and, unlike most other brands, they're made in the U.S.A....you can get your shirts in any color you like - here's a link to the T-shirt that I use, with all of the color choices ------>

http://store.americanapparel.net/fine-jersey-short-sleeve-t-shirt_2001

Sizes are: S - 3XL

The prices are:

1 SS SHIRT $20+$4 for shipping.

1 LS SHIRT $26+6 for shipping.

2 or more shirts will be a few dollars more for shipping.

Ask me any other questions that you may have that I didn't cover...

Thanks, Ghost

Larry already posted up pics of the original version (thanks Larry)..here's the new version (the back of this new version says the same thing as the original version - THE ULTIMATE POOL GAME)...also, in this pic the words - ONE POCKET - look curved - they are actually printed straight across - they appear curved because of the shirt being on the hanger ----->

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
I like this one better. In fact I could even like it if you didn't have the thing on the back. Keep em guessing. And only those in the know know.
But they are great shirts anyway you look at em

I XL Black
1 XL Raspberry
12XL Navy Blue

Please

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like this one better. In fact I could even like it if you didn't have the thing on the back. Keep em guessing. And only those in the know know.
But they are great shirts anyway you look at em

I XL Black
1 XL Raspberry
12XL Navy Blue

Please

Keone...if you want, no problem, I can have them only print the front and not the back.