XPC - Partners One Pocket: Florida North vs. South Battle this Saturday, April 2nd

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hey all thanks to everyone who checked it out!

We used this event as a test run for a larger two day 8-team $1000 entry tournament in the near future. It would be great to hear your thoughts on the format, and what you thought from watching.

Thank you! Beautiful tables and venue. Best of luck in the future.

Dave

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
XPC - Partners One Pocket: Florida North vs. South Battle this Saturday, April 2nd

Camerawork and quality was excellent! Thank you!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hey all thanks to everyone who checked it out!

We used this event as a test run for a larger two day 8-team $1000 entry tournament in the near future. It would be great to hear your thoughts on the format, and what you thought from watching.

I watched most of it, and was absolutely thrilled with the quality of the stream, crystal clear, looked like HD on steroids!! Loved all the different camera angles and the close up feature....simply great work! Having a second table and being able to switch back and forth with ease was also a nice touch.

The commentary was interesting and never dull and the price was excellent!

Thank you very much.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks very much for streaming the matches! The production and coverage were first rate. The format and rules were fine.

To be honest I don't understand the allure of using 10' tables. Even though I've always felt that pool should have stayed with 10' tables, they've all but disappeared from use. It would be lovely if the large tables could be returned to common use, but it would increase the cost to present and future poolroom owners, without increasing their revenue. Therefore there's very little chance of their return.

It's true that the game is more difficult on a 10' table, and as such is a challenge for the players in competition. However very few ever get to play on a 10-footer, so any unique knowledge that could be gained from watching competition on the big track is useless on a 9-footer.

IMO the competition would be just as good on 9' tables, and the play would be more apropos for modern experience.

Cheers~
Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The tournament was great.. My partner Bob played well and his play won us our first 2 matches. We were picked to come in last and we should have won so we had our chances. Playing doubles with a shot clock was both fun and draining... You would have seen more trapping and intentional fouls in singles then in doubles.. Jay pocketed unbelievable on the 10 foot table... as it turned out we were up against 2 A players so we have nothing to hang our heads about.. The venue and stream is the best in the country.. If anyone is ever in the area do yourself a favor and stop in and check it out.. The owner Gary is a great guy and does ALOT for pool with nothing in return.. he loves the game.. I did some commentating for the first time and I really liked doing it.. Thanks to everyone who tuned in to support the stream..

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Thanks very much for streaming the matches! The production and coverage were first rate. The format and rules were fine.

To be honest I don't understand the allure of using 10' tables. Even though I've always felt that pool should have stayed with 10' tables, they've all but disappeared from use. It would be lovely if the large tables could be returned to common use, but it would increase the cost to present and future poolroom owners, without increasing their revenue. Therefore there's very little chance of their return.

It's true that the game is more difficult on a 10' table, and as such is a challenge for the players in competition. However very few ever get to play on a 10-footer, so any unique knowledge that could be gained from watching competition on the big track is useless on a 9-footer.

IMO the competition would be just as good on 9' tables, and the play would be more apropos for modern experience.

Cheers~
Doc

My thoughts too. Great stream and thanks.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The tournament was great.. My partner Bob played well and his play won us our first 2 matches. We were picked to come in last and we should have won so we had our chances. Playing doubles with a shot clock was both fun and draining... You would have seen more trapping and intentional fouls in singles then in doubles.. Jay pocketed unbelievable on the 10 foot table... as it turned out we were up against 2 A players so we have nothing to hang our heads about.. The venue and stream is the best in the country.. If anyone is ever in the area do yourself a favor and stop in and check it out.. The owner Gary is a great guy and does ALOT for pool with nothing in return.. he loves the game.. I did some commentating for the first time and I really liked doing it.. Thanks to everyone who tuned in to support the stream..

Good job on the commentating. You're considerably better than several "big names" I won't mention.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i enjoyed the sream very much
it also was a nice touch to have some of the players in the booth
not just for their analytical commentary but also to get to know them

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I will agree that you did an excellent job commentating Rob. Thanks for that.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Thanks for the compliments about my commentary... It was my first time and I liked doing it alot... I would like to do some with Billy I. sometime

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
Invited

Invited

Adam has been invited to the 8 team $1,000 per team event we are doing on April 30 - May 1. Unfortunately he has a scheduling conflict. Hopefully we will see him in the future. You are right he is a very good player and also a good guy.

Teams as per today:
Rob Melrose
Bob Feldman

Anthony Meglino
Felix Luna

John DiToro
?

Bob Ogburn
Jay Weidman

All teams should be announce by next week on xtremepoolchallenge website, here on this site and AZ. We have a lot of interest and it looks like only one or two spots open. I'm just waiting for confirmation on a few teams over the next few days.