Verified member list

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
“What does Verified mean? It means you have either been an active participant long enough and active in posting enough to establish an acceptable identity simply via your posting activity. Or it means at least a minimal level of posting activity along with having been positively identified by meeting onepocket.org administrators or a fellow trusted member. There are also might be some honorary Verified members that are through HOF.”

Bahahahahahaha. Verified? Certified? Glorified? Gentrified? Liquified? Justified? What a bunch of crapified nonsense. I’ve been thrown out of better places. This is more like an exclusive gentlemen’s club of stuff shirted country club WASP. ROFLMAO Maybe I can join the Daughters of the Republic of Texas or better yet The Women’s Christian Temporance Union.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
“What does Verified mean? It means you have either been an active participant long enough and active in posting enough to establish an acceptable identity simply via your posting activity. Or it means at least a minimal level of posting activity along with having been positively identified by meeting onepocket.org administrators or a fellow trusted member. There are also might be some honorary Verified members that are through HOF.”

Bahahahahahaha. Verified? Certified? Glorified? Gentrified? Liquified? Justified? What a bunch of crapified nonsense. I’ve been thrown out of better places. This is more like an exclusive gentlemen’s club of stuff shirted country club WASP. ROFLMAO Maybe I can join the Daughters of the Republic of Texas or better yet The Women’s Christian Temporance Union.

Why are you here if that’s the way you feel? Stupid question!!! Never mind, I really don’t give a s..t why you’re here... :mad: Take that negative condescending attitude to the “Hired from the neck down group!” From whence you obviously came... Just keep it off here where we try our very best to post interesting and pertinent material that’s worthy of discussion...

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
Why are you here if that’s the way you feel? Stupid question!!! Never mind, I really don’t give a s..t why you’re here... :mad: Take that negative condescending attitude to the “Hired from the neck down group!” From whence you obviously came... Just keep it off here where we try our very best to post interesting and pertinent material that’s worthy of discussion...

Right On! Jeff
I find the mix of ideas and years of experience that’s offered here helps a "hands on guy" like me, thats now limited to minimum play time. Seeing the shot is a start in learning to make the shot. I do appreciate what is offered here.

Last edited:

aliasalias

From
bellingham washington
About the list of members

About the list of members

I signed on under aliasalias but my name is Ronnie Mitchell 67 yrs old and grew up in Fort Worth and now living in Bellingham Wa. It was looking at the list of verified members and not seeing my name is why I'm writing this.
I've been meaning to post this for a while so here it goes.

I may not post in comments but unless I was sick or gone to visit grandkids in Canada (BC) there has not been ONE day I have not looked in on this site at least once, not one, I love the stories like those in 'Walking With Giants' and basically any other stories members share because I'm usually familiar with the names in these stories. Heard about them long ago, seen some of them years ago even played Robert Newkirk in a small tournament on Camp Bowie in Ft. Worth many years ago (I had no hope of winning).
Growing up in Ft. Worth I hung around Glen's Pool hall downtown and the one on Hemphill and Berry street ran by Carrol Vess (a big guy who looked like Big Tex at the State Fair in Dallas ) and Johnny Lillard. I know some members know them. UJ Puckett was a hero but the player I saw most every day '67 '68 (gave me the 7,8,9) was Ermin Bullard. I once even went along with Johnny Lillard when he took Bullard to play in Shreveport at that pool room at the bottom that hotel downtown (name escapes me).
When I was 19 I was practically living in the Golden Cue in Boulder Colo and sometimes went (with a much better play Don Ferguson) to Aurora and Denver, but went the most to The Family Fun Center where I watched a good one pocket player Andy Hudson (sp?) he was well dressed thin Black man that impressed me with his clean sharp banks, and even went to Medina's bar Pirates Cove.While in Colo. I traveled to watch the World Championship in Vegas in '69 and one player caught my eye and I didn't have to ask his name because his cue case had Incardona on it.
There's more but I don't want to ramble on but will add that I lived in Vancouver for many years and was at Seymour Billiards every single day for years. It had cheapest diner in the back to eat in all of downtown and even traveled down to Wa. with Jimmy Bear (whom I'd backed a few times) and Jerry Kapchinsky (later being the Central and West Coast snooker champion). Jerry and I even went by bus for him to play in Edmonton, even ending up in Saskatoon before coming back to BC. Years later we drove from Van all the way down to Texas and around Texas. But I must add HE was the player not me.
Anyway this is already too long and I apologize but I'll add this, living in Bellingham I've managed to get a few people interested in one pocket told them all about this site and with one young guy happily buying Tom Wirth's book.
So maybe there are others like me in the shadows watching and reading and if having alaiasalias as a moniker left me off any list put my real name ronnie mitchell on it. Thanks for everything.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
welcome ronnie
nice to get to know you...:)
dont be shy and just check in
participate
we dont bite......:)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I signed on under aliasalias but my name is Ronnie Mitchell 67 yrs old and grew up in Fort Worth and now living in Bellingham Wa. It was looking at the list of verified members and not seeing my name is why I'm writing this.
I've been meaning to post this for a while so here it goes.

I may not post in comments but unless I was sick or gone to visit grandkids in Canada (BC) there has not been ONE day I have not looked in on this site at least once, not one, I love the stories like those in 'Walking With Giants' and basically any other stories members share because I'm usually familiar with the names in these stories. Heard about them long ago, seen some of them years ago even played Robert Newkirk in a small tournament on Camp Bowie in Ft. Worth many years ago (I had no hope of winning).
Growing up in Ft. Worth I hung around Glen's Pool hall downtown and the one on Hemphill and Berry street ran by Carrol Vess (a big guy who looked like Big Tex at the State Fair in Dallas ) and Johnny Lillard. I know some members know them. UJ Puckett was a hero but the player I saw most every day '67 '68 (gave me the 7,8,9) was Ermin Bullard. I once even went along with Johnny Lillard when he took Bullard to play in Shreveport at that pool room at the bottom that hotel downtown (name escapes me).
When I was 19 I was practically living in the Golden Cue in Boulder Colo and sometimes went (with a much better play Don Ferguson) to Aurora and Denver, but went the most to The Family Fun Center where I watched a good one pocket player Andy Hudson (sp?) he was well dressed thin Black man that impressed me with his clean sharp banks, and even went to Medina's bar Pirates Cove.While in Colo. I traveled to watch the World Championship in Vegas in '69 and one player caught my eye and I didn't have to ask his name because his cue case had Incardona on it.
There's more but I don't want to ramble on but will add that I lived in Vancouver for many years and was at Seymour Billiards every single day for years. It had cheapest diner in the back to eat in all of downtown and even traveled down to Wa. with Jimmy Bear (whom I'd backed a few times) and Jerry Kapchinsky (later being the Central and West Coast snooker champion). Jerry and I even went by bus for him to play in Edmonton, even ending up in Saskatoon before coming back to BC. Years later we drove from Van all the way down to Texas and around Texas. But I must add HE was the player not me.
Anyway this is already too long and I apologize but I'll add this, living in Bellingham I've managed to get a few people interested in one pocket told them all about this site and with one young guy happily buying Tom Wirth's book.
So maybe there are others like me in the shadows watching and reading and if having alaiasalias as a moniker left me off any list put my real name ronnie mitchell on it. Thanks for everything.

Welcome! I'm sure our paths crossed....

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Billie....I know, I've heard and felt your verbal drool before. But times have changed a little bit, and many of us (65 and over in Houston) have become a little smarter and more tame....And our beginning to enjoy our Pack banter at the challenge table at the Events. Apologies are accepted on my end....I've been a jerk before myself, and MTB has too let me in on his ''imperfections'' as all us Rounders have that going for us.
Ma Man...KB & R....take a chill pill and grow a little more, we all know how ta bite. Rack em!!!!:D

aliasalias

From
bellingham washington

Thank you and everyone else that has responded so kindly but due to my continual visits to this site that kind of response is no surprise to me.

A lot of people here obviously knew, and played, people I was always hearing about but not seeing. Around the pool room in Boulder I'd hear stories about what Danny Medina did last night, 'he ran 8 racks and out to win' or about a big game with Flyboy and so on but I wasn't witnessing it and short of a very small part on YouTube I never saw him play except for a handful of games on a bar box when he showed up in Vancouver BC. with three other players.
It was not at Seymour Billiards but a snooker room in Burnaby and about five of us went out there to check it out. I only wished I had walked in the snooker room before the others , all by myself because as soon as Medina saw this small group walking in he immediately stopped shooting on the 6x12, gathering up the balls. Damn I wish I could've seen some of that.
Jimmy Bear was with few backers and I just went along to meet up with them but other than the very brief match Danny had with one of our group (Danny drilled him) it as a small guy whose name I'm not sure I even heard that got the game with Jimmy Bear, not Danny. Jimmy wasn't going to play on a bar box and only the short guy was willing to play him on the 6x12 snooker table IF they played with regular sized pool balls.(What's the trick to that?)
Jimmy shouldn't done it, he just couldn't work those balls right and I think they lost a few hundred before Jimmy quit in frustration but no matter what he offered in a spot no one would play him snooker.
Maybe they knew he ran centuries like Medina ran out on a bar box, and maybe I missed out on a little education when chatting with Medina about Boulder and Denver places he offered to teach me the 'three card monty' trick for ten bucks but that was about what I had on me so I had to pass.
I bet he was good at it because I did see him play foosball years later in his bar in Aurora (or Arvada?) Pirates Cove, and talk about hand to eye coordination his hands were like lightning you'd hear the sound of the pop of the ball hitting the back of the goal opening before a guy could flinch to block it.Foosball was big then with high dollar tournaments.

Oh well if anyone knows of any videos of Medina at his best, or close to it I'd like to know about it. Maybe accu-stats does but which one to pick? The same wish applies to Ronnie Allen whom I only saw play a little in Vegas at the tournament, he was mostly seated and nodding out on his stool so I saw nothing I'd heard of for so many years.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Billie....I know, I've heard and felt your verbal drool before. But times have changed a little bit, and many of us (65 and over in Houston) have become a little smarter and more tame....And our beginning to enjoy our Pack banter at the challenge table at the Events. Apologies are accepted on my end....I've been a jerk before myself, and MTB has too let me in on his ''imperfections'' as all us Rounders have that going for us.
Ma Man...KB & R....take a chill pill and grow a little more, we all know how ta bite. Rack em!!!!:D
...and I would add, I only do the Regular Member > Verified change by hand myself, so I very easily overlook people who could be. It should not be taken personally. For years it has only been for the need to be careful with the HOF voting. This of course only being our third members only tournament -- and who wants new or inactive members to suddenly swoop in and snap off our member tournament, if it is intended for the enjoyment of active members?

It looks like I simply overlooked BrookelandBilly -- and I am sure others too. I will take care of that now. I've got pretty thick skin, I hope you do to :D:D

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Well,I'll be.......

Well,I'll be.......

.........dammed[sp]......thats quite a list of out/inlaws............here's to your health mates[toasting beer glass]........hope to see yall in church on Sunday or on the run........keep smiling,James......heres to you too Freddy,if your listening........adieu...

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
I’m Chris Cruz from Fresno CA I’ve been a lurker on the site for a long time enjoying everyone’s content. I’ve only posted a few times over the years haven’t had much to contribute. Not sure if I’m qualified to play the tournament but if so John Henderson can vouch for me. California billiards and hard Times Sacramento are my two most frequented areas to travel for one pocket so I thought I’d check to see if I could play the members tournament being held at Cal. If not I’ll probably be there anyway for small action, or for John to take more of my money on that darn golf table.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I’m Chris Cruz from Fresno CA I’ve been a lurker on the site for a long time enjoying everyone’s content. I’ve only posted a few times over the years haven’t had much to contribute. Not sure if I’m qualified to play the tournament but if so John Henderson can vouch for me. California billiards and hard Times Sacramento are my two most frequented areas to travel for one pocket so I thought I’d check to see if I could play the members tournament being held at Cal. If not I’ll probably be there anyway for small action, or for John to take more of my money on that darn golf table.

Happy to vouch for you Chris. You must be doing taxes again, missed you at the Hard Times monthly. We might get in a little golf this weekend if you get to CA Billiards for their monthly.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Happy to vouch for you Chris. You must be doing taxes again, missed you at the Hard Times monthly. We might get in a little golf this weekend if you get to CA Billiards for their monthly.

Golf.......hummm........I'm thinking of taking it up left handed, start from scratch. And Chris are you really as old as John. :D Welcome aboard!

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Thanks, yes I’m back to work for the season so my pool game will have to suffer until July. I’m going to still try and get to the big events and maybe Sacramento first Saturday in April. I’m not going to be able to get out to Fremont this weekend though.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Given that pretty soon we will be starting sign ups for the next onepocket.org members only tournament, and for that Verified Members are really what we mean, here is a list of our Verified Members. If you are not on it and think you should be, let us know!!!

What does Verified mean? It means you have either been an active participant long enough and active in posting enough to establish an acceptable identity simply via your posting activity. Or it means at least a minimal level of posting activity along with having been positively identified by meeting onepocket.org administrators or a fellow trusted member. There are also might be some honorary Verified members that are through HOF.

BTW that is 206 eligible members! PS I have no idea why the * got added after every name, but you can ignore it lol.

#Cruncher*
1 HOLE NUT*
12squared*
1andDone*
1pwannabe*
ace*
akrick*
Alfie Taylor*
androd*
BackPocket9Ball*
beatle*
beneath the surface*
bernie p*
Big Jim*
Bigtruck*
Bill*
BillPorter*
Billy Jackets*
Blake Goodall*
blindlemon*
bobbycotton*
bobt64*
boingo*
brexit*
BRLongArm*
bstroud*
cabilliardclub*
calibration*
Carla Johnson*
Cary*
champagne*
Chandler1968*
Charles Morrison*
ChicagoFats*
chicagomike*
chief*
chopstick*
cincy_kid*
Cornerman*
Cory in dc*
crabbcatjohn*
crystal cue*
cuesmith*
darmoose*
davAmundo*
daylate$short*
Deeman*
demonrho*
Dennis "Whitey" Young*
Disco Dave*
Don Smith*
dontscratch*
Drop Pocket*
Dudley*
DWS*
Eengat*
El Chapo*
EtDM*
Fast Lenny*
FastEddieF.*
Fatboy*
firemankc*
Frank Almanza*
fred bentivegna*
FrenchAT*
frmn*
gbru*
gerri3404*
GoldCrown*
Goldy*
Greg Sullivan*
Greyghost*
GriffinG*
gulfportdoc*
hankh*
Hardmix*
heart*
Henry*
hhilario*
Hidy Ho*
InTheCloudzzz*
Island Drive*
J.R.*
Jakie*
jalapus logan*
JAM*
James Galati*
jay helfert*
jazznpool*
JeaLouS44*
Jeff sparks*
jeremyjones*
jerry matchin*
JG-in-KY*
Jimmy B*
jlcomp45*
JoeyA*
JoeyM*
John Biddle*
John Brumback*
JohnInNH*
johnnytronic*
jrhendy*
jtompilot*
keoneyo*
kicker*
kickman*
kingrichardthelionheart*
kitchb*
kkdanamatt*
Knuckles54*
kollegedave*
Ktown*
Kybanks*
Larry Schwartz*
lethalmoto*
levartze*
lll*
LSJohn*
markgriffin*
Mary Kenniston*
Matt_24*
Maxwell*
mhilton777*
michaeltollison29*
Mike*
Miller*
Mkbtank*
mobilemike*
mr3cushion*
mypocket*
newfosgatesucks*
Nick B*
oldroller*
OldSchool*
oldspurguy*
One Pocket Ghost*
one pocket guy*
One Pocket John*
One pocket Smitty*
onepocketchump*
onepockethacker*
OneRock*
OPBEAST*
opposedtwin*
P00lh0li0*
Patrick Johnson*
Peg Leg Willie*
pepijndw*
petie*
phil dade*
poolandpokerman*
poolisboring*
povpool*
PreacherRonn*
pvclou*
quball1*
r0ttie1*
Red Shoes*
RedCard*
Renegade_56*
rhinobywilhite*
Richard S*
RileysDad*
rnewkirk*
Ross Keith Thompson*
Samiel*
sappo*
Scrzbill*
sheldon*
Shortstop*
shw*
Skin*
sneakynito*
southavenrecreationcenter*
spiderwebcomm*
squeezeplay*
stedyfred*
stevelomako*
straightback*
sunnyone*
t-dog*
Tennessee Joe6*
Terry Hanna*
The Milk Man*
thebaby*
thepavlos*
Tom Wirth*
treeMan*
troutmanmo*
tsk7878*
tucson9ball*
twister*
TWO PICKS*
Tylerbob*
u12armresl*
unoperro*
usblues*
vapros*
Wayne*
Weatherman*
wgcp*
WhatWouldWojoDo*
wincardona*
Worm*
youngstownkid*

Only about 14 spots left. Better get entries in.

See several people from Az and Ca who should play.:rolleyes: