Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Dennis "Whitey" Young Dennis "Whitey" Young is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Klamath Falls, Or.
Posts: 1,250
Default

Beatle, in dealing with this scenario a OP player should get proficient in doing the Alex's method and also straight back banking the 5.

I agree with you that Alex's shot is not the shot to be taken in this scenario. Since the 5 is not deep into the pocket and can be banked then that is the shot. Just bank it right in the hole, no different that a cross corner bank! Whitey
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 PM
catkins's Avatar
catkins catkins is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: oakland california
Posts: 439
Default

for me getting the last ball on the table close to your hole and not easily bankable to there pocket is the best way to maintain control. end game is all about who is reacting to the who !

The nice thing about alex's shot is it holds cue ball on the long rail and makes the return bank much harder.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Kybanks Kybanks is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
object ball has too come close to the side pocket to make it. too many things can go wrong. not for me for sure. and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
I couldn't agree more with this. It's a nothing shot unless it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:25 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
You can say that about any shot that is missed
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Kybanks Kybanks is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
You can say that about any shot that is missed
Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 PM
beatle beatle is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,090
Default

first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-16-2019, 09:59 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.
Alex kicked at that last ball because that was the only way for him to control the game. The one railer from there is fraught with peril. Its so easy to get a kiss from there and even if you hit it pretty good who knows where the cue ball ends up, probably leaving a good bank. That kick allows the cue ball to park right there, youd have to hit it super bad to leave a good return.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-16-2019, 10:03 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.
You do know that ball hits a diamond from the side pocket. Not too close
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-16-2019, 11:15 PM
beatle beatle is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,090
Default

well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-17-2019, 12:49 AM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..
Im sure Mitch can help you out with that for a hundred
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.