Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Verified Member

Beatle, in dealing with this scenario a OP player should get proficient in doing the Alex's method and also straight back banking the 5.

I agree with you that Alex's shot is not the shot to be taken in this scenario. Since the 5 is not deep into the pocket and can be banked then that is the shot. Just bank it right in the hole, no different that a cross corner bank! Whitey
Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Verified Member

for me getting the last ball on the table close to your hole and not easily bankable to there pocket is the best way to maintain control. end game is all about who is reacting to the who !

The nice thing about alex's shot is it holds cue ball on the long rail and makes the return bank much harder.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
object ball has too come close to the side pocket to make it. too many things can go wrong. not for me for sure. and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
I couldn't agree more with this. It's a nothing shot unless it goes.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
and unless you make it or put it in the jaws it just gets kicked away.
You can say that about any shot that is missed
Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
You can say that about any shot that is missed
Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Verified Member

first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:59 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Not really, because Alex has control of the ball right now.
Alex kicked at that last ball because that was the only way for him to control the game. The one railer from there is fraught with peril. Its so easy to get a kiss from there and even if you hit it pretty good who knows where the cue ball ends up, probably leaving a good bank. That kick allows the cue ball to park right there, youd have to hit it super bad to leave a good return.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
first whitey i agreed in my first post about one rail bank.

and of course hitting near your hole is important with one ball left. but hitting it in the right area is most important as a little off and it can easily turn into a sellout. his two rail cant be controlled good enough to take that chance.

and most times you bank toward your hole you are doing it with a real good chance of making it. other wise positioning it is the better shot.

like i said his shot goes too near the side pocket for me. that is half a diamond of sellout in the way.

and against a very good player just hitting a ball near your hole wont win you many games. he gets to kick it away or make an aggressive shot on you unless you place it well.
You do know that ball hits a diamond from the side pocket. Not too close
Old 02-16-2019, 11:15 PM
Verified Member

well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..
Old 02-17-2019, 12:49 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
well it looks to me to stick the cueball you have to hit it short. and it doesnt look like its a diamond short of the side pocket to make it. but i am lousy at guessing from a picture.

still i am happy to have someone shoot that for the cash on me anytime rather than a few of the other options..
Im sure Mitch can help you out with that for a hundred