Welcome Brian Butler to the forums!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I see Brian joined us here. Brian impressed many of us here on his play at the 2011 US Open.

Here is who he played at the Open.
brian.jpg

You can watch him play Efren here..

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB01F0F3FAE1CABD3

Brian, could you introduce yourself and tell us all a bit about yourself. I've done some searching on you, but can't dig up too much.

THanks and welcome to the great site of onepocket. Don't forget about our subforum about Bank Pool too!:)

bbutler

Verified Member
From
In yer pocket!
Wow, thanks for the welcome! There's not a lot of background to give, though. I grew up in Canada as a snooker player, then converted to pool as snooker started dying up here. Not long after I moved to Atlanta, Ga where I started to learn one pocket. I was lucky in that regard in that Atlanta is a one pocket town, and we had the benefit of having Cliff Joyner living there for a lot of years. I learned a LOT about the game from watching him, and then I learned more from the Accu-stats and TAR matches and the great commentary from guys like Grady, Billy I, Freddie the Beard, and Danny Diliberto.

One of the fun things for me has been converting a lot of Canadians into the one pocket religion. It's taking off pretty well too. We actually had four players in the Open from my town and it wouldn't surprise me to have more next year. It's like watching a bunch of kids getting a trunkful of new toys.

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Great having you here Brian.

I just watched your match with Efren...you made all kinds of excellent shots, Efren just seems to always find a way to win.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Hello Brian, I enjoyed watching you play at the Open, myself and Bernie Pettipiece could not stop talking about you, you made quite an impression. You had Frost until you got that bad roll and got tied up on a ball with all the balls open going to your hole.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Hello Brian, I enjoyed watching you play at the Open, myself and Bernie Pettipiece could not stop talking about you, you made quite an impression. You had Frost until you got that bad roll and got tied up on a ball with all the balls open going to your hole.

Lenny where you been under a rock? Brian Butler owned Atlanta for a few years.I know I didn't like drawing him In any tournys down there.
And now all of the sudden he's playing great onepocket too.

Welcome Brian B.Your a good dude too.John B.