More Than One Shot #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
What the f@@k shot are you talking about? Diagram and explain it please! Are you talking straight back or cross corner? Are you cutting it or throwing it? Killing the cue ball? Does anybody else understand what he is saying?

Beard

Well Freddy, I don't speak for John but this is what I think he means: When he pocketed the 2 ball the cueball came three rails and ended up near the spot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3VbId4VdOt4kWCB4kDVP2kaxi2kDxk1kbnt3kEjm@[/CUETABLE]

When he played the cueball to be safe, the 2 ball went here:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3Vajj4VJTu4kWCB4kDNP2kbGt2kEWh1kYjf@[/CUETABLE]

I think that's the general idea of what John has stated. I'm sure that he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
What the f@@k shot are you talking about? Diagram and explain it please! Are you talking straight back or cross corner? Are you cutting it or throwing it? Killing the cue ball? Does anybody else understand what he is saying?

Beard

I don't...John's gonna have to teach me how to kill the cueball, while shooting fairly hard, with a razor thin hit...:eek:

- Ghosty

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
That's the sound of a Ghost, backtracking:eek: .

You of course, conveniently forgot to include all of the relevant qualifiers involved in my, further analysis..:rolleyes:

- Ghosty

PS, When are you, Freddy, and Papie gonna have a sleepover and watch your DVD of Brokeback Mountain together...:p:D:p

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
You of course, conveniently forgot to include all of the relevant qualifiers involved in my, further analysis..:rolleyes:

- Ghosty

Damn, I'm sorry Ghosty, did I accidently omit some part of your post???:) :cool: :eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Damn, I'm sorry Ghosty, did I accidently omit some part of your post???:)

Ghosty,...you have convinced me, with your infallable, perfect decision making,...that we need to play a little.

I'm not really sure I can win now, but I think I could have 10 years ago, when I was only 66, and you were in your early 40's (Prime years)

This is not an idle "woof"...I really want to play... If you feel you can get enough $$$ together, lets get it on at the DCC this year. But, as Grady said..."I will not play cheap"..:cool:

I will post 1K with John H., if you will play a race to 9, even 1 Pocket, for 2K.

No show takes down the cash...Do we have action ? Lets have some fun, huh. ? ....I will NOT be a "no show" this year,

Stupid Duck <---just likes to play..:p

PS...Don't stall too long now....I would rather play softer action, (like Artie or Fred)...for more $$$....:D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Ghosty,...you have convinced me, with your infallable, perfect decision making,...that we need to play a little.

I'm not really sure I can win now, but I think I could have 10 years ago, when I was only 66, and you were in your early 40's (Prime years)

This is not an idle "woof"...I really want to play... If you feel you can get enough $$$ together, lets get it on at the DCC this year. But, as Grady said..."I will not play cheap".

I will post 1K with John H., if you will play a race to 9, even 1 Pocket, for 2K.

No show takes down the cash...Do we have action ? Lets have some fun, huh. ? ....I will NOT be a "no show" this year,

Stupid Duck <---just likes to play.

PS...Don't stall too long now....I would rather play softer action, (like Artie or Fred)...for more $$$....:D

I shall be excitedly calling my stakehorses first thing in the morning to discuss your offer!...as you can see in this pic of my three backers - Bobo, on the far left, always carries a lot of dough on him....:p:p

- Ghosty

PS, I can't believe I got your nose open with the old insult move...:eek:....:D

Attachments

• clowns.jpg
    clowns.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
I shall be excitedly calling my stakehorses first thing in the morning to discuss your offer!...as you can see in this pic of my three backers - Bobo, on the far left, always carries a lot of dough on him....

- Ghosty

PS, I can't believe I got your nose open with the old insult move...

Ghosty,

My nose is not open (yet)...And don't flatter yourself....I have been insulted by EXPERTS...I am just an old war horse who is ready to get it on with somebody...ALMOST anybody, from Chicago...:eek:

There may be some exceptions, but you, Artie, or Freddy, (luckily for you)..do not fall in the "won't play" catagory...:eek:

PS..In fact a trip to sunny California (Sacramento).... in early October, might be a lot of fun for us all !...Round up Race Track Phil...I like his style. He seems like the kind of guy I would like to gamble with.. (They have horses in CA. too Phil)

Better get me while the YJ is flowing,..... I'll be sober in the morning...:p

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Ghosty,

My nose is not open (yet)...And don't flatter yourself....I have been insulted by EXPERTS...I am just an old war horse who is ready to get it on with somebody...ALMOST anybody, from Chicago...

There may be some exceptions, but you, Artie, or Freddy, (luckily for you)..do not fall in the "won't play"
catagory.....:eek:

PS..In fact a trip to sunny California (Sac).... in early October, might be a lot of fun for us all ....!!!!

Better get me while the YJ is flowing,..... I'll be sober in the morning...:p

Ok then, you're faded...but we have to have some compromise, just like you and John wouldn't let Artie dictate everything...nobody puts up 1/2 the bet for show-up money - I'll play you even for the $2,000, and put up $300 show-up money - that's reasonable, it's 5 months away after all...if I couldn't go to Derby City for some reason, I don't want to lose $1,000 - but I'll take that chance with $300 - I'll send the money to Steve Booth...so do we have action?...:)...

I'm waiting for your answer now - I don't want to lose you to tomorrows sobriety and better judgment, when it will dawn on you, how badly I will out move you and beat you to the shot...:eek:...:)

- Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok then, you're faded...but we have to have some compromise, just like you and John wouldn't let Artie dictate everything...nobody puts up 1/2 the bet for show-up money - I'll play you even for the $2,000, and put up $300 show-up money - that's reasonable, it's 5 months away after all...if I couldn't go to Derby City for some reason, I don't want to lose $1,000 - but I'll take that chance with $300 - I'll send the money to Steve Booth...so do we have action?...:)...

I'm waiting for your answer now - I don't want to lose you to tomorrows sobriety and better judgment, when it will dawn on you, how badly I will out move you and beat you to the shot...:eek:...:)

- Ghosty

As Dennis will tell you...you need to give me "editing time"...you missed half my post.

Make it $500...must play race to 9, for 2K, or its a forfeit, let me know, I will wire it to Steve tomorrow...before I sober up...(You Don't trust John H., huh ?)...JK.;)

PS..Sac is only a month, or so away....:D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Make it $500...must play race to 9, for 2K, or its a forfeit, let me know, I will wire it to Steve tomorrow...before I sober up...(You Don't trust John H., huh ?)...JK.;)

Papie...:rolleyes:...I let you pick the bet, the game, and the race - so I can at least pick the very reasonable $300-number for show-up money...please don't make me think that you're not agreeing to that as an excuse to get out of your challenge...:rolleyes:.......so do we have action?...tell me now so I can sign off and go to sleep...:)

- Ghosty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Papie...:rolleyes:...I let you pick the bet, the game, and the race - so I can at least pick the very reasonable $300-number for show-up money...please don't make me think that you're not agreeing to that as an excuse to get out of your challenge.......so do we have action?...tell me now so I can sign off and go to sleep...:)

- Ghosty

It's a go...I'll send the $300 to Steve tomorrow. I guess Sac is out of the equation huh ?...It was just a thought....Maybe Artie can come up there and snap me off before you get to me...:p :p :p

PS..Please do not dawdle getting the post money up...Thanks for the action Ghosty.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
It's a go...I'll send the $300 to Steve tomorrow. I guess Sac is out of the equation huh ?...It was just a thought....Maybe Artie can come up there and snap me off before you get to me...:p :p :p

PS..Please do not dawdle getting the post money up...Thanks for the action Ghosty.

You're welcome Papie...:)

- Ghosty

PS, Going to sleep now...instead of counting sheep, I'm going to count all of the traps that I'll be putting you in - to lull me to sleep....:D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
You're welcome Papie...:)

- Ghosty

PS, Going to sleep now...instead of counting sheep, I'm going to count all of the traps that I'll be putting you in - to lull me to sleep....:D

In closing...just let me remind you,... I have been trapped by experts,...many times,... and I'm still here flailin' at 'em ...You won't be gettin' no cherry, so bring your "A" game..:D

Sweet Dreams...:cool:

El Duck

PS..We can shorten the race if you'd like...(If your heart will stand it)..:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I must confess...

I must confess...

...since it makes no difference to my ability to get a game or not anymore. My speed reduction has reduced my steamablility considerably. Not so with SJD. The Ghost and I were giggling the other day at the suspicion we both had, that the Duck is an old "steamer." A "heat" taker. A lite bark, coupled with a woof, and he is off to the races. And a straight ticket thereafter. Did this infirmity plague you in your early days, Sir Duck? It did me, so I can commiserate with you. I looked upon every challenge as a death threat. But fortunately, I was at least reasonable enough to make sure I put a few things in my favor before I succumbed. The table, the game, the bet, etc.

A lot of that had to do with my brain being coke-addled then. That has not been the case for a long time. That also probably explains the Duck's early condition, he was booze-addled back then. Oh wait, I almost forgot, he is still booze-addled, so the heat-button must still be in place.

I am not totally heat proof tho, so I think that I shall have to bet on the Ghost.

Beard

Enough of this hi jack. What about Henderson explaining his shot. I certainly cant make Dennis's versions work either.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Enough of this hi jack. What about Henderson explaining his shot. I certainly cant make Dennis's versions work either.

Beard

I just re-re-read Johns post and maybe this is more what he means. Maybe not.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3VajJ4VYMp4kWCB4kDVQ2kaaf2kDQi1kYCq@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I hope not

I hope not

Cowboy Dennis said:
Well Freddy, I don't speak for John but this is what I think he means: When he pocketed the 2 ball the cueball came three rails and ended up near the spot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3VbId4VdOt4kWCB4kDVP2kaxi2kDxk1kbnt3kEjm@[/CUETABLE]

When he played the cueball to be safe, the 2 ball went here:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY3Vajj4VJTu4kWCB4kDNP2kbGt2kEWh1kYjf@[/CUETABLE]

I think that's the general idea of what John has stated. I'm sure that he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Dennis

The two shots that are referenced are both losing shots (sorry John)and i'm not quite sure that this is the way John would play the shots referenced. In diagram #1 the only good things that can happen for the shooter is if you either pocket the 2 ball or hang it, anything else would possibly offer the incoming player a simple free bank to win the game. In diagram #2 nothing good can happen for the shooter, plus you will give the incoming player a free look at a possible cut or bank on the 9 ball.:eek: