How does this work?

PoolDawg

Scenario is:

Im playing a guy 11-8, and we get down to the last ball.

He lays it in front of his pocket, i fly it off the table, when i count the balls, i had 8 balls.

Whats the ruling?

Jason

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Scenario is:

He lays it in front of his pocket, i fly it off the table, when i count the balls, i had 8 balls.

Whats the ruling?

Jason

You should know the score. Spot one up and now you have seven.

Wayne

Verified Member
Scenario is:

Whats the ruling?

Jason

You point out to your opponent that you had already won the game. The only time it would be a problem is if he thinks you took one of his balls.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Paragraph 1 of the WPA rules sys:

"The first player (or team) to legally score eight balls into their own pocket wins the game".

I'd say that to comprehensively cover handicapped games "eight" could be replaced by "the agreed number" in a subsequent sentence.

Anyway, I think after you make your number, the game is over. Its all practice shots after that.

=================

To Hendy: Do you play "snooze you lose" on spotted balls? Same principle, right?

PoolDawg

Paragraph 1 of the WPA rules sys:

"The first player (or team) to legally score eight balls into their own pocket wins the game".

I'd say that to comprehensively cover handicapped games "eight" could be replaced by "the agreed number" in a subsequent sentence.

Anyway, I think after you make your number, the game is over. Its all practice shots after that.

=================

To Hendy: Do you play "snooze you lose" on spotted balls? Same principle, right?

The "slept a ball" argument was the same that was made. The whole room knows I am brand new to the game, and were on my side. Most of the guys wont say anything to get into the middle of "disagreements". The guy I was playing didn't like the game and just wanted out of it.

There is not a lot "gentlemen" left in the game. To me that would the same as not marking a pocket in league play with an 8 ball hanger, and then taking the win away because someone didn't put a trinket on the pocket.

Thanks for the feedback, lesson learned for sure...