THINK and THINK

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You shot the right shot and if you made the three ball you would have had position on the one ball. And that is the correct shot and percentage shot for you to shoot. Needing two balls I would tell you to shoot it every time. The combination is no good because its to hard to control the balls and you might even leave him a easier bank. You shot the correct shot and you were luchy to even get a shot like that to win the game from a better player. And you should have never gotten that good of a opertunitie to win the game on run two balls. You are a 3 to one under dog to win the game needing two balls and your opponent needing one ball. You could have banked the ball to youre side of the pocket and left the cue ball on the rail but then he would have just out moved you because he playes better and it would be a lot harder for you to win. You have to understand that if you are playing a better player and you each need one ball you are still the underdog. Because he shoots better and moves better. So emagine you needing two balls how much harder it is for you to get two balls before he gets one. You had a great shoot to win and make both balls. I would tell you to practice that shoot and the position. tell you feel comftrable shooting it and having control of the cue ball and object ball. And if you can make it once out of two times thats good . But practice shooting it tell you learn it and feel comftrable with it. You shot the wright shot and I dont think you would have gotten a better chance to win. And if you made the ball you would have won. Keep practicing and thinking and you will improve. What you need is for some one to help you with your game and that will help you and improve your game.

OK Artie, thanks. That shot is probably about a 2:1 for me. I guess it makes sense to shoot it when I'm 3:1 to lose the game. I'll make it the next 2 times it comes up. :)

Skin

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
OK Artie, thanks. That shot is probably about a 2:1 for me. I guess it makes sense to shoot it when I'm 3:1 to lose the game. I'll make it the next 2 times it comes up. :)

Skin
Shooting the correct shot and best percentage shot is what you have to learn.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Shooting the correct shot and best percentage shot is what you have to learn.

That's it, Artie. It didn't take the guy more than a few shots to own the table on me once I made a mistake. And I did not know what to do while he was doing it, either.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
That's it, Artie. It didn't take the guy more than a few shots to own the table on me once I made a mistake. And I did not know what to do while he was doing it, either.

Skin
When you make a mistake all you can do is watch the other player run the table. Unless he returns the favor. LIfe is that way too. One mistake can cause a word war thats how big a mistake can be.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I have been very lucky to meet Artie and Artie in real life gives Artie here 12-4. He expresses himself much clearer in real life, writing is hard to comminucate for most of us. Read everything Artie writes and read it again-in his writing there is all his wisdom.

He is so smart and to see him think through shots discuss them weigh the options when there isnt a clear cut best shot, is amazing. He is just amazing and perhaps the most knowlegelable one pocket player I have met, Ed Kelly showed me alot, Grady back in 92. Rex Cannon was knowlegelable too. And others I have been lucky enough to meet.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
I have been very lucky to meet Artie and Artie in real life gives Artie here 12-4. He expresses himself much clearer in real life, writing is hard to comminucate for most of us. Read everything Artie writes and read it again-in his writing there is all his wisdom.

He is so smart and to see him think through shots discuss them weigh the options when there isnt a clear cut best shot, is amazing. He is just amazing and perhaps the most knowlegelable one pocket player I have met, Ed Kelly showed me alot, Grady back in 92. Rex Cannon was knowlegelable too. And others I have been lucky enough to meet.
Fat Boy if you pick up some off Shaian Bowings Fundementals and acrecey you can help your game. He is a very good control player. And he thinks on every shot. He still makes mistakes and he can still improve that and play more accurite. HIs concentration level is very good too. But he can improve on that too. He can still improve his game and get better.And take it to a higher levele. I dont no if he sees it. But that is what I see. He is the best control player today. And the only players I seen with better control and thinking playing nine ball were Buddy HAll and Efen. BUt Shan Boeing has the ability and talent to pass them up if he learns. He still has to go to a higher levele playing more accurite and making less mistakes. I gave him a great deal but he said he loves nine ball. I said for 5 thousand dollares I will make him the best one pocket player in the world. It would take one month off at least 10 houers a day 7 days a week. And he would no how to think and he would beat all the one pocket players. Thats a hell of a offer I gave him And I never gave that offer to anyone else in the world to be the greatest one pocket player in the world. I no if I was in hie position I sure would take that offer. Especialy when he gets 45 and 50 years old we start having interest in playing other games. I wish I would have showed BUddy Hall just to show everyione that it can be done. I guess people dont want to step out off thier comfort Zone. If he realy new me he would take me up on it wright away. And what he does not realize it will help all his other games. He has a great attitude and a very likeable personality. Fat Boy if you but the money up for him and he listenens to you maybe we can show everyone that it can realy be done. And it would be great for you to be thier when I am teaching him. Because it would help your game a lot too. And you would love it. THat would be it You and him and nobody else. And I can tell yopu once he realy gets invoved playing One Pocket he will keep going and not stop. And I think it will become his favorite game. Because he is a learner and a thinker.See if you can promote this FAT BOY. Because Shann Vanboing has no clue what and how much he can learn in that short of time. One month will be a life time off greatness.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Fat Boy if you pick up some off Shaian Bowings Fundementals and acrecey you can help your game. He is a very good control player. And he thinks on every shot. He still makes mistakes and he can still improve that and play more accurite. HIs concentration level is very good too. But he can improve on that too. He can still improve his game and get better.And take it to a higher levele. I dont no if he sees it. But that is what I see. He is the best control player today. And the only players I seen with better control and thinking playing nine ball were Buddy HAll and Efen. BUt Shan Boeing has the ability and talent to pass them up if he learns. He still has to go to a higher levele playing more accurite and making less mistakes. I gave him a great deal but he said he loves nine ball. I said for 5 thousand dollares I will make him the best one pocket player in the world. It would take one month off at least 10 houers a day 7 days a week. And he would no how to think and he would beat all the one pocket players. Thats a hell of a offer I gave him And I never gave that offer to anyone else in the world to be the greatest one pocket player in the world. I no if I was in hie position I sure would take that offer. Especialy when he gets 45 and 50 years old we start having interest in playing other games. I wish I would have showed BUddy Hall just to show everyione that it can be done. I guess people dont want to step out off thier comfort Zone. If he realy new me he would take me up on it wright away. And what he does not realize it will help all his other games. He has a great attitude and a very likeable personality. Fat Boy if you but the money up for him and he listenens to you maybe we can show everyone that it can realy be done. And it would be great for you to be thier when I am teaching him. Because it would help your game a lot too. And you would love it. THat would be it You and him and nobody else. And I can tell yopu once he realy gets invoved playing One Pocket he will keep going and not stop. And I think it will become his favorite game. Because he is a learner and a thinker.See if you can promote this FAT BOY. Because Shann Vanboing has no clue what and how much he can learn in that short of time. One month will be a life time off greatness.

i dropped him off at the airport this morning, he can stil improve alot, i saw a few weaknesses in his game(hard to imagine) but they are there. He says he feels more confident that ever and he is still improving-i can see that too. I like Shane alot, but he isnt a buddy hall or a archer-shane has had to put more into his game and work at it harder that Archer did. not knocking any one here just the way i see it, Archer is a bit more talented but Shane works hard at it.

And yes he needs help with his 1P game, when he is behind the balls he is out, but that aint winning 1P. Right now I think he wants to focus on whats paying him the best and thats 9,10ball. he is a hard worker and loves pool-he aint going anywhere for along time, he will stay on top of the American players(top 5) for along time to come.

he should dedicate himself to 1P for a while but i think he dosent see the $$ he can make playing it, and he has a point after he beats Chohan, Gabe, Scott(all of who play better now than he does) how much can he win? Schmit aint going to step up, Harriman stopped gambling. I dont think the recurring income is in 1P for Shane, it would be a good tool in his bag for sure, but you know its hard to play all games well(at the same time). I agree 1P is a better game and the best gambling game but his customer base is limited. If he did beat Chohan, Scott, and Gabe in that order how much would he make??? And who would be next to step up???

i dont know if he thinks like this, I do but i'm a biz man. So why am I playing pool?? I cant beat any of these guys:( .

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Fatboy said:
he can stil improve alot, i saw a few weaknesses in his game(hard to imagine) but they are there. He says he feels more confident that ever and he is still improving-i can see that too. I like Shane alot, but he isnt a buddy hall or a archer-shane has had to put more into his game and work at it harder that Archer did.
I never knew that about SVB. I assumed he was a natural. Guys like Ronnie Allen, Buddy Hall, and others were born with a gift. Some players like Souquet and some of the Orientals simply worked hard until they were beating the best.

But you're right about SVB. Everytime I saw him at DCC when he wasn't in a match, he was hitting ball after ball, any place he could find a table, shooting one long bank shot over and over until he didn't miss it. That takes a huge amount of dedication. His sponsors have a good one there!!

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
I never knew that about SVB. I assumed he was a natural. Guys like Ronnie Allen, Buddy Hall, and others were born with a gift. Some players like Souquet and some of the Orientals simply worked hard until they were beating the best.

But you're right about SVB. Everytime I saw him at DCC when he wasn't in a match, he was hitting ball after ball, any place he could find a table, shooting one long bank shot over and over until he didn't miss it. That takes a huge amount of dedication. His sponsors have a good one there!!

Doc
Shan playes a great game of nine ball. And he thinks already. Thier is lots of money in one pocket to if you bet high one pocket sessions have been played for more money the nineball. And shaine will help his other games even more if he learnens to think correctly. Because he can execuite. That is his strong suite. And to be able to say he is the best one pocket player will be a great accompishment. Its all about your goals and what you want to do with your life. I never thought much about nine ball because anyone could play it ant the best shooters and position players would win. It was all cut and dry. And I seen some player come up in a year or too and shot so good that the could play as good as the champions. But that could not happin in one pocket. And if he learned he could get matches for 50 and 100 thousand dollares. And thier are other players that would play him and spot him like Cliff Efren and even Billy would make a game with him. And you forget thier are people that will play him for real big money if he spots them. THiers is enough money thier to win a million dollares if you can win and bet high. But you have to no how to manage and make games. You think Scott or Efren could get up backers to play him for one hundred thousand dollares. Six games ahead I think it would and could happen. I think Fat Boy would even bet 50 or 100 thousand dollares if I told him Shane could win. BUt I dont want to answer for FAt boy Let him asnswer for himself. He didnt get rich being stupied. He did it with his mind and thinking. I give him all the credit in the world. BUt Shane turned down the greatst offer in life . Because nobody will tach him or train him the way I would. And he would love it and enjoy it and like I said one pocket mite become his favorite game. BUt wright
know its nine ball. And he mite even have a fear about one pocket because its a new challange. BUt he has the ability and talent to be the best one pocket player in the world. BUt one pocket is not for everyone. Its for people who love to play the game and enjoy the game. You have to love the game to realy want to play it and enjoy it. But I wish shane all the best in life and a long happy carrier in pool. Because life is about what we want to do with it. Not what someone else wants us to do with it. And life is about pleasing ourself. And if you LOve yourself you will be OK.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Doc,

Shane is natural and hard working. he is a combination of the 2. To quote him almost word for word I'll say this:

"When I have a hard time with a shot, I shoot it until I make it, most guys stop there, I dont I keep shooting again and again until I'm happy with it. Making it just once isnt good enough for me and because I keep shooting it again and again is why I'm better than they are" <-----thats a close approxmation to Shanes words, it conveys his thoughts 100%.

As a matter of fact he told me that everytime I watched him play, i'm not putting his biz in the street here, in fact he is PROUD of this fact, he told it to everyone who watched him play at my house or about 6 SOLID players all together. Shane is very proud of his achievements in a good way.

I agree with Artie that he should 100% take lessions from Artie, I dont think Shane realizes what Artie has to offer. I will let him know. I know he is busy until mid-June with tournments. Then he will have some time. Perhaps he might listen to me-I do know he respects what I say, he has alot of people comming to him with BS(like I do as well). Some times he shuts people down(I do too). I'm not saying that happened here as I dont know, What I know is Artie is LARGER than life and real. Artie I will do my best, I give you my word-As you know I respect you hugly and like you alot. Aside from pool I like Artie he is fun to talk to and interesting, smart and a good guy.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fatboy said:
Doc,

Shane is natural and hard working. he is a combination of the 2. To quote him almost word for word I'll say this:

"When I have a hard time with a shot, I shoot it until I make it, most guys stop there, I dont I keep shooting again and again until I'm happy with it. Making it just once isnt good enough for me and because I keep shooting it again and again is why I'm better than they are" <-----thats a close approxmation to Shanes words, it conveys his thoughts 100%.

As a matter of fact he told me that everytime I watched him play, i'm not putting his biz in the street here, in fact he is PROUD of this fact, he told it to everyone who watched him play at my house or about 6 SOLID players all together. Shane is very proud of his achievements in a good way.

I agree with Artie that he should 100% take lessions from Artie, I dont think Shane realizes what Artie has to offer. I will let him know. I know he is busy until mid-June with tournments. Then he will have some time. Perhaps he might listen to me-I do know he respects what I say, he has alot of people comming to him with BS(like I do as well). Some times he shuts people down(I do too). I'm not saying that happened here as I dont know, What I know is Artie is LARGER than life and real. Artie I will do my best, I give you my word-As you know I respect you hugly and like you alot. Aside from pool I like Artie he is fun to talk to and interesting, smart and a good guy.
Your right about what you said he will shoot a shot over and over. tell he gits it correct. THats great but you also have to have the talent and ability. But you can impeove on youtre knowledge like and great player. And learn what the correct shot is and no what to do and that will improve your game quicker then shoohting shots over and over but just shooting the correct shot will improve your game. BUt if you cant make the shot it still wont help your game. Or if you dont get the correct position that will not help your game. And I appriciate what you are trying to do with Shain. I just wanted to show people that it could be done and he could be the best onepocket player in the world. And I am over the hill and I could never shoot like Shjain. BUt I realy new how to control the cueball. And I could but the cue ball were I wanted and that was a big part of my game. Like I said thier is a lot off places you can put the cue ball. BUt keep practicing and learning and you will improve. Because you have the desire and will to learn. And that is a big part of learning the game. And you try very hard and you are not a quiter. And I will do wat I can to help you with youre game. And if you learn to correct all your mistakes. Your game will improve a lot quicker. When tou make a mistake learn what you did and correct it. Dont just start shooting at every shot because you are aggrevated and frustrated. Learn to control that. You are a good man because you are gratfull when someone showes you something. And you see its the truth and not BS. Keep enjoying yourself playing pool. Your GOAL and the will to want to play good are two important factors in becoming a player. And whatever you do give it 100% or dont continuie. If you want it bad enough you can do it. You can be anything you want to be in life. And those are the words that I want you to remember me by.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
If you want it bad enough you can do it. You can be anything you want to be in life. And those are the words that I want you to remember me by.

I WILL and I WILL.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
way to be remembered.

way to be remembered.

Artie Bodendorfer said:
those are the words that I want you to remember me by.

Artie, it would be great if you taught" Shane Van Boeing" for free, for your love of the game, to hand your great legacy of skill and knowledge down to a gifted young man with a great work ethic. I'm sure he's not interested, but maybe you could get Fatboy to pay him while he learns. Then in 30 days, when he becomes the best player in the world, YOU can say, look at that young man, I taught him everything he knows about one pocket. What a way to be remembered !
PS; good advertisement for your lesson bussiness.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
Artie, it would be great if you taught" Shane Van Boeing" for free, for your love of the game, to hand your great legacy of skill and knowledge down to a gifted young man with a great work ethic. I'm sure he's not interested, but maybe you could get Fatboy to pay him while he learns. Then in 30 days, when he becomes the best player in the world, YOU can say, look at that young man, I taught him everything he knows about one pocket. What a way to be remembered !
PS; good advertisement for your lesson bussiness.
THe person that will get the most out off it will be Shane because he will be able to say he is the best player in the world. And the bottom line is he can win a half a million or more in his life playing one pocket and spotting people and the indorsments and all the books and DvD and all the other things that go with being the best player in the world. I no the people who no me and realy no me no that I am the smartest one pocket player in the world. And its about what I want to rememberme as. And I was the greatest middler and scalper ever in Las Vegas and nobody ever in life did what I did . I beat all the Casinos and had the Goverment make a laww just to get me. And Las Vegas will remember all the things I did to beat the CASinos Leggaly because the were stupied and I usedv thier stupietie to beat them. Nobody in life did the things I did In las Vegas and in pool and at Wrigly Field and in the Carnivales. My life is about a lot off things I did NOT JUST POOL. AND the caracters and people I was around. And when its over I will have a book out about my life story. About when I was born in POLAND in 1944 during the war in a WAgon with my mother riding in a wagon with two white horses and had me in the wagon with bombs falling and she was coming from Romania to Austria. And Bombs falling every were. And she followed the rail road tracks so she new were she was going. And my family was one off the richest families in Romania and the RUssians came in and took everything. THats how brutle wars are and life. You can be one of the wealthiest family and over night you can loose everything. And could have lost our lives by one Bomb falling on us. I am glad I was a baby so I couldnt understand what was going on. And my Father did three and a half years in the concentration camp. ANd it was all Cruele and sick. BUt whatever hapines life goes on.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
WHO IS THE BEST THINKING POOL PLAYER?????????

Artie, how would you rate Harold Worst as a thinking player? Hoppe certainly was a good 3 cushion thinker and he taught Worst.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Artie, how would you rate Harold Worst as a thinking player? Hoppe certainly was a good 3 cushion thinker and he taught Worst.

Skin
Hoppie was more of a thiker then Harold Worst but Harold worest had more talant. BUt in pool a few of the thinkers were Gene Skinner Marcel Camp Joey Spath. Cincinatie Clem. Johnny Latin. Erail Hisler. Steve Cook. Allen Hopkins Eddie Kelly. And Grady. Thier was a player I ran into on the Road. I dont no if anyone knowes him or herd about him. But his name was Neworleans AL. And he played good one pocket. But these were some of the tinker in pool. And I should but Poney Rosin in thier too. I am also going tp put Paul Jones in thier. Put thier are not to meny thinking pool players. Shane does it playing nineball. And he is a thing off beauty to watch. Nothing but talent and control.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
artie i used to go to the sports palace in new orleans in the 1970s and watch earl heisler play much of what i saw i probaly did not completely understand but i tried to learn. can you share a story or 2 about him. thanks

Last edited: