Frost vs. Smith in New Orleans

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
cant be good for scott to be putting in such long hours.
danny is younger and in better shape
jmho

That's what I was thinking.
I'm surprised there was no 8-10 hr per day cap or something.

Thanks for all the updates, Joe!

Now that I've seen your playground it's more fun living vicariously through you.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That's what I was thinking.
I'm surprised there was no 8-10 hr per day cap or something.

Thanks for all the updates, Joe!

Now that I've seen your playground it's more fun living vicariously through you.

I think there was, Sneaky... I thought either player could cut it off after a minimum of 8 hrs. or continue if they BOTH want to...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think there was, Sneaky... I thought either player could cut it off after a minimum of 8 hrs. or continue if they BOTH want to...

You are right Jimmy
they agreed to a minimum of eight hours
see post number one by Joe

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Danny wins
Joe, do you think that the stamina angle played into Scott's loss? It seems to me that at 44 he can no longer play those sequences of back to back long sessions, and expect to have the endurance of a 25-30 year old.

It's a difficult realization to come to, and most of us on the site over 50 have had to confront and cope with the effects of aging in relation to our pool abilities. I hope Scott takes that into consideration in his future match-ups. If he stipulates limiting sessions to 8 hour chunks, then he must stick to that. It's a hard lesson to learn, but if he doesn't manage his abilities, and books too many losers, then his backing will dry up, and he'll be in a pickle. I could be wrong about all of this in Scott's case.

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Joe, do you think that the stamina angle played into Scott's loss? It seems to me that at 44 he can no longer play those sequences of back to back long sessions, and expect to have the endurance of a 25-30 year old.

It's a difficult realization to come to, and most of us on the site over 50 have had to confront and cope with the effects of aging in relation to our pool abilities. I hope Scott takes that into consideration in his future match-ups. If he stipulates limiting sessions to 8 hour chunks, then he must stick to that. It's a hard lesson to learn, but if he doesn't manage his abilities, and books too many losers, then his backing will dry up, and he'll be in a pickle. I could be wrong about all of this in Scott's case.

~Doc
I think on that tight equipment Danny is just better. Danny's been on a losing streak and people forget the high gear he is capable of playing at. Well it took three days but Frost got a dose of it and it's strong. Frost played past 8 hours because he felt like he was feeling good. But when Danny hits hi gear, nobody can win.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Danny told me on Thursday night he played sick. Which means he was in that high gear. He was four games down and When the Smoke cleared he was four games up. Most of us know how good you have to play to make up Eight Games in One 8 hour or 10 hour session with a player of equal ability.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Danny is one of the Great American one pocket players. He is about 31 and doesn't fade in long sessions. He played great for two nights and that's all it takes. No excuses. Frost played 9 hours day 1 and broke even. He played 13 hours day 2 and broke even. He played 14 hours day 3 and won 4. Then on day 4 danny won 8 games. One day 5, danny closed it out. To play on that table is to appreciate Danny's speed. No excuses from frost. He just said danny played better on that table.

beatle

Verified Member
it is really about understanding matching up, not how good you play. all the top players play very close to each other.

so giving up home court or certain playing conditions like time of play, cloth, balls, pocket size and even brand of table matters immensely in the out come.

some are smart and have money some are broke.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If he stipulates limiting sessions to 8 hour chunks,

I think that might well be the difference, but at any age it's hard to quit if you're feeling like playing.

I definitely don't think it's too late for Scott to become one of the top few players again.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
it is really about understanding matching up, not how good you play. all the top players play very close to each other.

so giving up home court or certain playing conditions like time of play, cloth, balls, pocket size and even brand of table matters immensely in the out come.

some are smart and have money some are broke.

Yeah. For instance, I could play you some if you spot me Orkin. :heh:

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
In reference to the physical aspect of this match, I have no doubt that Danny has the best of it....by far. Think of it this way, how many golfers in their mid 40’s do you see winning.....not many.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I think, but at any age it's hard to quit if you're feeling like playing.

I’m going to have to sell my house if I don’t stay away from pool. Can’t see. Can’t outlast anyone, no spot is enough. I’m number 1 on the most eligible players list.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I think, but at any age it's hard to quit if you're feeling like playing.

I’m going to have to sell my house if I don’t stay away from pool. Can’t see. Can’t outlast anyone, no spot is enough. I’m number 1 on the most eligible players list.

Cryin a river there Bill. The poor me routine probably won’t buy you another ball with this crowd but it might with me...see you in Philly.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

~Doc
Doc, Im not sure I totally agree with you. Scott may not be in great shape but that doesn't mean a 44 year old man is past his prime in pool or is not able to play long sets anymore. I think its all about the individual, his conditioning and stamina. Efrin for example was still a world beater at that age and how old is Busty didn't he just win the Derby back to back? Age is not the determining factor, conditioning and preparation is the key. The question for this match is: is Scott Frost in top professional condition? Does he eat the right foods, does he exercise correctly every day, does he meditate or whatever to have a clear mind, what are his personal habits, is he staying out late and partying or getting a good nights sleep and then did he play smart, correct one pocket or did he make poor choices? I believe these are the key factors that determine the outcome not the players age or for how long they play. Keith

Last edited: