Klamath Falls, Or.
Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
thanks whitey
i am glad i wont draw you in the tourney.....:D
Thanks for the compliment, but doing these videos does not compute to playing in an MOT. For me the MOT's is just for fun, and everything associated with it, is a bonus!
What I would like to point out about these videos, they only came about because I just goofing around with a cb and an ob and doing OP banks from the corner of the table, and stumbled upon that wow I can do all kinds of things with the cb and ob in this position. So I wanted to bring this forth for our members enjoyment, and wish them well in the upcoming MOT.
But it is kind of disheartening that there are so few responses. I really hope members are trying these shots, and appreciate it, but who knows? thanks again Larry! Whitey

The next shot I thread will be really greatly appreciated by Mr3cushion!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Larry, Hank, and other bankers!
I have a question. The 5 rail bank I depicted, is that a shot that has already been depicted in either a book or video on banks? I actually have not seen it, but when the balls were laying in that position, I said to myself; "I wonder if a 5 rail is possible". Also shots like the 4 rail in the side. I was just wondering for I have not got into studying books and videos on banks.
For me, most of these banks among others are A-typical shots for playing golf. Whitey

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey, Howdy;

Let me say this before I begin, Freddy numbers his table diagrams with 8
Diamonds (0 - 8), on the long rails and 4 for the short rails (0 - 4). So, that
means a Diamond where the shelf of each pocket meets the pocket liner.

Just checked Freddie's Book Bankin' with .... On page 159 he has a shot really
close to what you have for the 5 railer. It's a mirror kinda, You being a Lefty
and Freddy a Righty. His set-up is CB almost to the first Diamond from the
Head rail in a direct line from the Center Diamond (head rail), #2, to a point
Opposite the 3rd Diamond (Right Rail). OB is on this same line and Opposite
the #2 Diamond.

Here's the route it goes; from your set-up position shoot OB to the Right rail
opposite 3rd Diamond and OB should travel to Bottom Rail Diamond #1. Then
to the Left Rail to Diamond #3, Up to the head Rail at #2 Diamond then INTO
#3 Diamond on Right rail. Should, according to the diagram go from there into
Lower Left Pocket.

Freddy says this is a 1:3 ratio. His hit it here diagram is indicating 1 tip above center
with a HARD stroke.

Hope all of this makes sense. if not feel free to ask and I'll figure something out.

hank

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Hank,
Yes, I believe you found a mirror image of my shot as done on the other side of the table.
I believe your diamonds are numbered different than standard, for the Beard is using an extra diamond by the pocket. Unfamiliar to me!
With a regular diamond system, I find from the 1st. diamond end rail to face of 3rd. diamond side rail gets you in the ball park, and I believe this is what you have also depicted, just a different diamond system. Well, now you have a video of the shot! If you stop the video you can see which diamonds the ob hits as it is going a few times around the table.
Sounds like a great book to have for bankers and OP players.
I assume Beard uses a tip of high to get the cb out of the way of the ob coming around, plus if you are playing OP it gets your cb down by your opponents hole, or that side of the table.
I am sure the 4 rail side pocket banks are in his book also. There are a few more 3,4,and 5 rail banks in the side also.
Does he have a 7 rail bank into the corner? I use to do one but my table just not fast enough now, it comes 3-4 ft. short. thanks so much, greatly appreciated! Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
being in philly
i cant get to my reference books but the way i learned the 5 railer on a pool table is 1:1 .....2:2 .....3:3 ...shoot from short rail diamond thru long rail diamond
my track Ines could be off
5 railer.jpg

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
being in philly
i cant get to my reference books but the way i learned the 5 railer on a pool table is 1:1 .....2:2 .....3:3 ...shoot from short rail diamond thru long rail diamond
View attachment 24565

Larry, Yes this is the standard 5 rail in the corner. Your first line is correct, and it is from #6 (1st. diamond end rail) to #1 which is 6-1=5. Therefore your next line would be drawn to contact #5 diamond (1st. diamond past the opposite side pocket). Now connects with 3rd. diamond on opposite side rail and into the pocket. Standard diamond system if your rails react that way.

I remember this shot as 6-1=5. Pockets are #5.

Your 1,2,3, are 6,7,8 to me, with 6 and 8 changing places at times, I never really known when it changes.

Larry, double check your 2 to 2, for I believe it is off, have you had coffee yet! If you shoot this it is 7-2=5 and 5 is the corner pocket, and in this case it is the bottom corner pocket on end rail you are shooting from. Which is the standard two rail back into the pocket. Hold this angle from along the end rail for the 2 rail in the corner. Your 3 to 3 is not computing, for the 5 rail is your 3 to the near side rail face of 3rd. diamond, which is the 5 rail video.

6-2=4 and side pockets are 4, so if you have a ball by the side pocket, you know the angle to kick it in. Well we might of lost Hank again! thanks, Whitey

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
OP Bank Shots/MOT Philly

being in philly
View attachment 24565

Just FYI that line comes up short here. If you shoot the shot today Larry, try playing it a full diamond longer.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
What tables and rails are you guys playing on in Philly. I felt the gold crowns w/ artemis played well at California Billiards MOT. I believe that is what Chohan is playing on in his highlight video. Just guessing, of course, but his bank shots seem to run pretty true in respect to rebounding.

By the way guys, good luck in Philly! thanks, Whitey

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
5 rail prop shot game

5 rail prop shot game

We play a great game here where you put an object ball on the spot with a quarter balanced on top. The object is to kick the cue ball 5 rails and contact the spotted object ball without knocking the quarter off...lol Start with the cue ball anywhere you like but it has to go 5 rails for a legal shot. Great game can be played with a large group with a ante pot. If someone hits it everybody else has 1 shot to tie. if there is a tie, re ante and game goes on.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
We play a great game here where you put an object ball on the spot with a quarter balanced on top. The object is to kick the cue ball 5 rails and contact the spotted object ball without knocking the quarter off...lol Start with the cue ball anywhere you like but it has to go 5 rails for a legal shot. Great game can be played with a large group with a ante pot. If someone hits it everybody else has 1 shot to tie. if there is a tie, re ante and game goes on.

Wow that is quite a shot!!! Is it played with BIH behind the line for each player on each shot, or how does it go.

There is a carny trick whereas you draw a fairly tight circle around the ob and place a dime on it, and the trick is to shoot into it and make the dime drop within the circle!

In artistic pool tournaments if there is a tie, then they do a multiple rail kick shot (like 6 or 7 rail or something) and end up on a hundred dollar bill, closest wins the match. This could also be turned into something similar.

I use to put the ob on the spot and from the foot end of the table w/ cb placed anywhere between 2nd. diamond and foot cushion, and then you have to play at least a 3 rail kick into the ob to make it in your designated corner pocket. From there on you play the cb and ob where there lie, and you still have to do a 3 rail or more kick. See how many shots it takes to make the ob in your pocket.
Can be played with multiple players, play starts the same for each player. Least amount of shots taken wins the dough! thanks, Whitey

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Wow that is quite a shot!!! Is it played with BIH behind the line for each player on each shot, or how does it go.

There is a carny trick whereas you draw a fairly tight circle around the ob and place a dime on it, and the trick is to shoot into it and make the dime drop within the circle!

In artistic pool tournaments if there is a tie, then they do a multiple rail kick shot (like 6 or 7 rail or something) and end up on a hundred dollar bill, closest wins the match. This could also be turned into something similar.

I use to put the ob on the spot and from the foot end of the table w/ cb placed anywhere between 2nd. diamond and foot cushion, and then you have to play at least a 3 rail kick into the ob to make it in your designated corner pocket. From there on you play the cb and ob where there lie, and you still have to do a 3 rail or more kick. See how many shots it takes to make the ob in your pocket.
Can be played with multiple players, play starts the same for each player. Least amount of shots taken wins the dough! thanks, Whitey
Cue ball anywhere. We play it like three ball straight ante. You can also play if you knock the quarter off it costs a hickey.
How I shoot it... a shot right up Mitch's alley...lol. if you were playing one pocket, put the cue ball in the area by your hole. Shoot the three rail kick off the long rail back towards your hole except hit it hard and play it short. Cue ball doubles out of your pocket on the short side and the 4rd& 5th rail scrubs speed off ending up by the spotted ball...lol

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Whitey posted " Well we might of lost Hank again! thanks, Whitey "

Yup, ya did. :D, :rolleyes: . I'll get there yet :frus. :lol

hank

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
OP Bank Shots/MOT Philly

Cue ball anywhere. We play it like three ball straight ante. You can also play if you knock the quarter off it costs a hickey.

How I shoot it... a shot right up Mitch's alley...lol. if you were playing one pocket, put the cue ball in the area by your hole. Shoot the three rail kick off the long rail back towards your hole except hit it hard and play it short. Cue ball doubles out of your pocket on the short side and the 4rd& 5th rail scrubs speed off ending up by the spotted ball...lol

You got that right John. I know the shot :). I’ve played that game lol.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-M-z0jdrBdmP5N20jmpROdahcxp4uJPd/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MzZ9mzvfZBJfHDvuIyhEmP58xpjiAsq/view?usp=drivesdk

Con't on next post! Whitey

I just noticed that my videos in the next post are not there so I am going to delete that post. I'll try to retrieve the two videos.
But enjoy these two videos and good luck to the players at Philly MOT.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nAEHW4RtWByrxzuz9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n1bbvaExz5sY4JTG8
click on video to get sound
I re-did the two other videos that got lost. I goof around with a cb and an ob and practice banks from the corner while the set of balls are heating up by the wall heater, and I discovered 4 different ways to make the 13 with the cb and 13 in this position. Enjoy! Whitey

Last edited: