Earl Heisler passes away

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Jungle Dude has just reported on, SouthernBilliards.com that Earl Heisler passed away yesterday. Earl taught me and others a lot. He will truly be missed.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
hemicudas said:
Jungle Dude has just reported on, SouthernBilliards.com that Earl Heisler passed away yesterday. Earl taught me and others a lot. He will truly be missed.
I'm sorry to hear about Earl. I hope he went peacefully, and that he is now enjoying his reintroduction to old friends in the great poolroom in the afterlife... Like some famous player once said, 'If there are no pool tables in heaven, I don't want to go!'

In a sad coincidence, Gerald and I had just exchanged emails yesterday -- the day of Earl's passing -- as he was going to act as a go-between to try to set me up to interview Earl :( -- there is a reason why I am trying to start with somewhat 'older' players first for the OnePocket.org Rack 'em up interviews...

2004 has been a very tough year for One Pocket legends:
Steve Cook
Cornbread Red
Larry Lisciotti
Earl Heisler

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
It is with heavy heart that I type these words because of the passing of a great southern gentleman, Earl Heisler. He was the epitome of southern hospitality and in his day, he played a great game of One Pocket.
I played him a few times and never failed to learn much from him. I recall how I would sometimes have him locked up and I watched with amazement as he would cleverly find ways out of almost every trap. He was not a great shot maker. He didn't run a lot of balls. So, it was a testament to his knowledge of the game that he could compete with some of the world's best players.
The days of Earl, Louie, Al Wurline, Benny Conway, etc. will forever be sorely missed by me.
Earl was a class act all the time and it was a pleasure to have frequented his famous gambling establishment. During his heyday as a player and owner of the Sports Place, the boiled shrimp was out of this world.
Earl, I'll miss you my friend.
Grady