BILL SMITH aka MR. 3CUSHION

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i went to a $1000 added 9 ball tournament at a pool room 30 minutes away from me ultimate billiards in ft. peirce fl.
http://ultimate-billiards.com/homepage/1000-added-summer-sizzler-september-1/
i met there bill smith mr 3 cushion
i went to my local pool room first for there monthly 9 ball tournament and there wasnt enough players for the tournament:eek::(:mad:
so i decided to go to ultimate billiards to sweat the action
btw tommy kennedy former us open 9 ball champ was there competing
i had my cue and when i got there i noticed there was someone playing 3 cushion
i havent played that in many years
and after sweating some of the 9 ball action
i approached the man playing 3 cushion and asked if i could play with him being honest ive played 3 cushion many years (40?) ago and that was trying to go from one ball to another (balkline?) and might need some pointers:eek:

he was very cordial and didnt mind sharing the table with me and willing to give suggestions on how to hit shots when i wasnt sure how to play them

i didnt know at first who he was but little by little it dawned on me (DUH IM SLOW)
that this was MR. 3CUSHION
for dennis who is so proud of his" 4 fer"
i ran 4 in 3 cushion:D( with bills help)
(blind squirrel finding the nut??)

once we figured out who was who
bill called freddy to tell him we were playing and it was really cool to talk to freddy :)

im sure sjd will have snide remarks about this

but from my encantour anything negative would not be true

bill smith it was a pleasure to meet you and you are very respecful guy
not to mention you play 3 cushion VERY SPORTY
larry

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i know this has nothing to do with one pocket:eek:
but i wanted to relay a personal experience with one of our members

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a great looking room, Larry. Too bad about all the Gold Crown's (kidding). I'd love to be able to play 3C again, and especially with Bill. It's just hard to find a table anywhere anymore. I don't think there are any left in Dixie besides Florida.

Bill has respect for Ghost's game? Is that his 3C game? Golf? What? ;)

Doc

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Funny Tables

Funny Tables

That's a great looking room, Larry. Too bad about all the Gold Crown's (kidding). I'd love to be able to play 3C again, and especially with Bill. It's just hard to find a table anywhere anymore. I don't think there are any left in Dixie besides Florida.

Bill has respect for Ghost's game? Is that his 3C game? Golf? What? ;)

Doc

If Georgia still counts as 'Dixie' there are a plethora of these beasts in the Atlanta area. Most are in Asian establishments and many of the tables are of Asian manufacture though some are heated European tables.

Cues II in Atlanta has a heated one ..... I think it is a Verhoven (sp?)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

That's not a blind squirrel finding a nut. When you run 4 in 3C you best feel good for a month:). 4's aren't accidents.

Good work Mr. Bill:D.

Dennis

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
i went to a $1000 added 9 ball tournament at a pool room 30 minutes away from me ultimate billiards in ft. peirce fl.
http://ultimate-billiards.com/homepage/1000-added-summer-sizzler-september-1/
i met there bill smith mr 3 cushion
i went to my local pool room first for there monthly 9 ball tournament and there wasnt enough players for the tournament:eek::(:mad:
so i decided to go to ultimate billiards to sweat the action
btw tommy kennedy former us open 9 ball champ was there competing
i had my cue and when i got there i noticed there was someone playing 3 cushion
i havent played that in many years
and after sweating some of the 9 ball action
i approached the man playing 3 cushion and asked if i could play with him being honest ive played 3 cushion many years (40?) ago and that was trying to go from one ball to another (balkline?) and might need some pointers:eek:

he was very cordial and didnt mind sharing the table with me and willing to give suggestions on how to hit shots when i wasnt sure how to play them

i didnt know at first who he was but little by little it dawned on me (DUH IM SLOW)
that this was MR. 3CUSHION

once we figured out who was who
bill called freddy to tell him we were playing and it was really cool to talk to freddy :)

im sure sjd will have snide remarks about this

but from my encantour anything negative would not be true

bill smith it was a pleasure to meet you and you are very respecful guy
not to mention you play 3 cushion VERY SPORTY
larry

Larry; Yoy tricky rascal, you tried to fool the old Doctor!

When we first started playing, I knew something wasn't Kosher, this guy had a beautiful cue, nice stroke, and just asked all the wrong questions for a guy that doesn't play, and also knew a little too much about systems!
LIke Larry said, when we both fessed up, we had a good laugh and continued to play. :lol

Like all pool players, Larry hiits the 1st ball pretty good, but, lacks the correct first shot choice. With some time and proper instruction, Larry could become a better than average player!

For myself, this had been the first time I played 3C since March, also Tiger sent me a NEW billiard cue with LD shafts, which I had never used before. It took me about an hour to get used the action and speed of balls. Once I did it was lights out!

Playing my game with Larry, I ran a 9 and two 5's and some 2' and 3'.
Larry did very well, as He stated, he ran a nice controlled 4, and a few 2' and 3' to boot! I played for 9 hrs. straight yesterday, having made runs of 3 nines, 8 fives and a bunch of 3's and 4's, I was thrilled! :D:D:D

The LD shaft for 3 Cushion is GREAT, the ball Does go where you AIM, with or without English.

Enough about me, back to Larry, you couldn't meet a nicer guy ever in a poolroom or otherwise. Good sence of humor, friendly and a pool and billiard bug, which is a GOOD thing!

Larry, once again, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed our encounter, hope to see at my next clinic at Wynmoor!

Your NEW buddy;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

P.S BTW, SJD's name only came up once for a second, we didn;t want to tarnish the moment!

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Larry; Yoy tricky rascal, you tried to fool the old Doctor! Blah, Blah, Brag, Brag..:rolleyes:
For myself, this had been the first time I played 3C since March, also Tiger sent me a NEW billiard cue with LD shafts, which I had never used before. It took me about an hour to get used the action and speed of balls. Once I did it was lights out! More blah, blah, brag, brag..:rolleyes:

I played for 9 hrs. straight yesterday, having made runs of 3 nines, 8 fives and a bunch of 3's and 4's, I was thrilled! blah, blah brag, brag..

Enough about me,<---Thank God !. :frus back to Larry, you couldn't meet a nicer guy ever in a poolroom or otherwise. Good sence of humor, friendly and a pool and billiard bug, which is a GOOD thing! <--Yeah, good thing for YOU...Its probably been 40 years since anyone asked you to play THAT game ! "LMMAFROL"

Larry, once again, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed our encounter, hope to see at my next clinic at Wynmoor! <--Weren't you giving a clinic at the Ultimate ?..Great crowd..One, Larry..:sorry Blah, blah, brag, brag, etc,

P.S BTW, SJD's name only came up once for a second, we didn;t want to tarnish the moment!

I'm am really crushed !...:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PS..Larry, you should know I would never say anything negative...ABOUT YOU !...:D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have to say this. Was there really any call for DickBrain to intercept and derail with vitriol, what I perceived as a very nice thread? I,myself, found it interesting that Bill and Larry crossed paths the way that they did. And apparently they both made a good experience of it. I was glad that Bill agreed with me that Larry was an ok guy -- for an ex New Yorker.:)

I just personally thought that a wholesome thread like that should have been off limits to the same old agenda driven, hijacking attacks.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I have to say this. Was there really any call for DickBrain to intercept and derail with vitriol, what I perceived as a very nice thread? I,myself, found it interesting that Bill and Larry crossed paths the way that they did. And apparently they both made a good experience of it. I was glad that Bill agreed with me that Larry was an ok guy -- for an ex New Yorker.:)

I just personally thought that a wholesome thread like that should have been off limits to the same old agenda driven, hijacking attacks.

Beard

You, of all people, chastising me, for BUTTING in, to a stupid, self engradizing Pincushion thread ? (but are there any kind ?) Have
you forgotten his original nick-name..."MR.BUTT-IN" ?... Oh, thats right, it was usually on your behalf, 'til you jettisoned him for gross SUPIDITY and his failure to compete with MOI ! :eek:

I think its just 'marvy' that you got a phone call from Mr PC and Larry. (yaaawwn)

SuperDuck <---Was getting bored with RBL's stupid 'youtube sh*t...And then YOU, had to get on your 'FAG*OT" soapbox again...Sheeesh !..:frus :frus :frus

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Larry started this thread:sorry.

RBL

I know that, you f-ing moron !...I was talking about Beardo, and Mr. PC, 'USING' it like it was their thread ! (ya know, self promo stuff)
...What an Idiot..! :frus :frus

PS..Why don't you do some "youtubing" or "greensh*ting", or watch 'Lonesome Dove' AGAIN, and just leave me alone ? :confused: :( :lol

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I know that, you f-ing moron !...I was talking about Beardo, and Mr. PC, 'USING' it like it was their thread ! (ya know, self promo stuff)
...What an Idiot..! :frus :frus

PS..Why don't you do some "youtubing" or "greensh*ting", or watch 'Lonesome Dove' AGAIN, and just leave me alone ? :confused: :( :lol

sjd there are plenty of places you can continue your discussions with your "friends"...:rolleyes:....:eek:....:D
lets put this thread to rest
bill again i want to say it was a pleasure to meet you ,play and learn some 3 cushion
larry
:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
sjd there are plenty of places you can continue your discussions with your "friends"...:rolleyes:....:eek:....:D
lets put this thread to rest
bill again i want to say it was a pleasure to meet you ,play and learn some 3 cushion
larry
:)

Good idea Larry, I am glad to oblige, when asked politely by a gentleman. :).. (that certainly leaves out "You know who's") :rolleyes: ;) :p

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You ain't gettin' off that easy:D. You have the yellow cueball; What would you do? Match your wits with Ceulemans playing Sang Lee:). It's Ray's shot.

View attachment 6929

You REALLY want to start trouble here, don't you Dennnis? LOL LOL
God forbid you turn this into a 3C site, HAHAHAHAH

You rascal!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

BTW Long, long, short and long for 4 cushions!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You REALLY want to start trouble here, don't you Dennnis? LOL LOL
God forbid you turn this into a 3C site, HAHAHAHAH

You rascal!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

BTW Long, long, short and long for 4 cushions!

Not at all Bill, I was just wondering what a 3C player would shoot from here:). I guessed wrong and Ceulemans continued his run to at least 5:eek:

Is this your shot Bill?

3C shot.jpg

RBL

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You ain't gettin' off that easy:D. You have the yellow cueball; What would you do? Match your wits with Ceulemans playing Sang Lee:). It's Ray's shot.

View attachment 6929

Not at all Bill, I was just wondering what a 3C player would shoot from here:). I guessed wrong and Ceulemans continued his run to at least 5:eek:

Is this your shot Bill?

View attachment 6933

RBL

dennis you diagrammed what i would have shot.....:eek:......:heh

but who is ray?????:D