Grady needs our support

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
As most everybody knows, Grady Mathews is battling lung cancer. He is in a long term care facility in Lexington, SC. As you all know Grady is a competitor and he is fighting this with all he's got. He has completed two sessions of chemo and has one or two more before they can give him a long term diagnosis.

I have been up twice and will be going back the end of the month. He is on Medicare but if you know anything about medicare you know it does not pay 100% of everything.

We have helped in the past to raise funds when a fellow pool player needed some assistance. I am asking for your help for Grady because if there has every been anyone that has done everything in his power to promote the sport of pool it's him.

If you can send any amount it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to: GRADY MATHEWS, 850C SOUTH LAKE DR., LEXINGTON, SC 29072.
If you would like to help using PayPal, I will accept the payment to my account and then write Grady a check. I will absorb the paypal fees so he will get the full amount of your support. use my email - ricksgp@gulftel.com - at PayPal. Please make a note in the comments section that it is for Grady Mathews.

Grady will greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance, Pel

SJDinPHX

Suspended
As most everybody knows, Grady Mathews is battling lung cancer. He is in a long term care facility in Lexington, SC. As you all know Grady is a competitor and he is fighting this with all he's got. He has completed two sessions of chemo and has one or two more before they can give him a long term diagnosis.

I have been up twice and will be going back the end of the month. He is on Medicare but if you know anything about medicare you know it does not pay 100% of everything.

We have helped in the past to raise funds when a fellow pool player needed some assistance. I am asking for your help for Grady because if there has every been anyone that has done everything in his power to promote the sport of pool it's him.

If you can send any amount it would be greatly appreciated. Please send to: GRADY MATHEWS, 850C SOUTH LAKE DR., LEXINGTON, SC 29072.
If you would like to help using PayPal, I will accept the payment to my account and then write Grady a check. I will absorb the paypal fees so he will get the full amount of your support. use my email - ricksgp@gulftel.com - at PayPal. Please make a note in the comments section that it is for Grady Mathews.

Grady will greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance, Pel

Pel,

Count me in, for whatever I can spare.

SJD

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
It's great that you are doing this Pel!

I have about five Grady Mathews One Pocket HOF posters that have been personally signed by Grady. Anyone who donates $200 toward Grady I will send them one of these signed posters. They are 12" x 18" -- this is what the poster looks like (except these are signed by Grady).

Attachments

• GradyHOFposter640.jpg
    GradyHOFposter640.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Super idea Steve. If anyone wants a poster I would like for them to send you the money direct. We will get it to Grady later.

Thanks everyone, Pel

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Super idea Steve. If anyone wants a poster I would like for them to send you the money direct. We will get it to Grady later.

Thanks everyone, Pel
That is not necessary (sending money to me) -- anyone who contributes 200 to Grady, I would be happy to send a poster as a thank you.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I decided I needed to put my money where my mouth is and chip in myself. I might even send myself a poster :)

I've been thinking about Grady and I got thinking about the idea of chipping in $200 and receiving a signed poster. No matter how Grady comes through this bout with 'Big C', like all of our pool mentors/legends before, he is not going live forever. But as long as I live, I can look at that poster on the wall and not only will I remember Grady and all that he accomplished in the game, but I will also remember that when he was in need, I chipped in a little and I will always know that he really appreciated that. It's going to feel good to look at that poster.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
An update

An update

I talked to Grady on the phone today. His voice is a bit stronger but still a bit hard to understand. He said that his doctor told him that he is reaponding well to the chemo and because of that he is being scheduled for more sessions than originally planned. I am going up Sunday and returning Monday. Just taking him some paperwork and making one more visit before I have my own surgery on the 3rd as it may be a few weeks before I'm able to travel that far.

Will keep y'all advised, Pel