RAFA vs SCOTT

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
where is the 6 going??

Shooting the 6 ball into the striped ball will possibly move both balls from your opponents side of the table, this shot will give you more options the next time your back at the table. As you can clearly see the options you have now are few and not very good, but the balls are positioned favoring you and that's what you should try to protect and build off of. After moving both the 6 and striped balls from their position you will be able to play more aggressively, regardless of the strategy you employ going forward.

Shooting the 6 ball is not an instantly rewarding shot, and should be looked at like more of an investment that will bring you back value. Shots of this kind are considered "smart shots" because they force your opponent to play your game the way you want to play it...FOR NOW. This type of strategy will often create opportunities that are appealing, aggressive, and low risk. Also this shot choice is more effective playing overly aggressive players by putting them in a position where there is nothing good to shoot, and that to them is very frustrating.

Billy I.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
with the score being 4 for rafael and 0 for scott
scott needs to keep balls in play
i like billy's shot to freeze the q ball on the 13 and reposition the 6 and the stripe
my question about where does the 6 goes was because
i liked what scott did which was to make the 6 in the side which brought it into a more playable position down table (foot of the table) and kept it in play
he followed the cue ball towards the far corner but fell alittle short of his desired destination i think
rs3.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
he left rafael like this
View attachment 4701

Following the cue ball was also an option, providing the shooter can control all balls, the 6, 12, and cue ball.

Scott positioned the cue ball just about ideally considering where he started from, Considering how the balls are positioned that's where you want the cue ball to end up.

Billy I.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
From the looks of the results, Scott did pretty well, and going up table with the cue ball does tend to keep the balls "in play". For Rafa, I don't see much better than knocking the 6 ball back up table and following to the end rail.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-12-11_13-25-32.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-12-11_13-25-32.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
rafael went on to lose this game because he didnt play the score:eek:
steve just so you know on this shot rafa kicked into the 8 and made a nice shot
rs7.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so rafael went from 4 balls to ZERO for scott with most of the balls out of play
to 3 balls in play on rafa going for the shot instead of playing the score
cardinal sin imho
he lost a game he should have won

i know those that know him will say when he makes the flyers he wins games he should lose
but shoot aggressively when you are ahead????
just askin:rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
my thought seeing the result was why would you bring the 2 ball to a playable position :confused:
View attachment 4708

Larry....leaving the 2 there was no big deal at all - much more important is the very positive thing that Rafael did on the shot - this was an excellent defensive shot by Rafael - he removed the 2, 7, and the striped ball, which were all lined up in a makeable formation for Scott, while also leaving Scott no shot and the cueball frozen on the foot rail.

- Ghost

PS, And Larry, you 'slept' the Ghost in your pics...that's me with the glasses on/black shirt, sitting in the top left corner in most of these pics, sweating the match...:)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
rafael moved the one by scotts pocket but missed the 13
he was stretched out and maybe just played cue ball

rr5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
but this was scotts reply and the whole flavor of the table seems to be drifting in scotts direction
here also how he left it for rafael

Attachments

• rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0