What shot do YOU shoot to WIN the game from here?

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Looks to me you could also hit the left side of the 12 with extreme draw and curve the cue ball for the win.

Would have to try it to see.

Bill S.

Bill, your shot is about as practical as 3C's shot is. No 1p player in their right mind would shoot this in the one hole. These shots do come up a lot in 9-ball though.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill, your shot is about as practical as 3C's shot is. No 1p player in their right mind would shoot this in the one hole. These shots do come up a lot in 9-ball though.

YOU just keep FORGETTING the "Prop," YOU HAVE TO WIN IN ONE SHOT! :frus:frus

You shoot what YOU know, when the time comes, I have NO problem with the shot!

And, BTW, What do I sell out, if I don't hit the 1 ball? I spot a ball up, and my opponent is on the bottom cushion! ;)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Dont forget another Windy City Rule - never voluntarily come out of the one hole. The shot is risky in that you could hit the10 or airball the 1. The shot is good to know but carries a bit of risk due to the fickle nature of these shots. [The cool part is when the inside burns off, it curves back again (to the left) and at the one.]

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm bankin the 12 into the one for my $ and if or or I had to win the game on this shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D. Low right will help the 12 go long enough and stick the rock under them balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol. John B.

bstroud

Verified Member
I would never shoot the extreme draw in a game.

I thought this was a proposition shot where you had to win the game?

Bill S.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The entire state of Kentucky concurs.

And 49 other states. I shoot at a lot of shots but as the saying goes, ....with a gun..... ,thats IF there was a necessity to win with ONE shot. If we are going to imagine goofy situations, what about a kick jump shot with the cue pocketing the one?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
And 49 other states. I shoot at a lot of shots but as the saying goes, ....with a gun..... ,thats IF there was a necessity to win with ONE shot. If we are going to imagine goofy situations, what about a kick jump shot with the cue pocketing the one?

You guys just DON'T get it! IT'S A "PROP" BET!!!! YOUHAVE TO "WIN" THE GAME IN "ONE" SHOT!!!!! :frus:frus:frus:frus

Everyone, LOOK at the ACTUAL table layout from the photo and video! You'll SEE, there is NO other shot!

Last edited:

TomRoden

Verified Member
see what I mean....

see what I mean....

" there is no other shot" How ****ing arrogant are you ???? My shot wins the game, too. I don't go saying that MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY. Or are you going to suggest that I might miss. I suggest the same to you, what if you miss? Oh, you never miss. You're perfect. With the exception of spelling. ( and your spelling really does suck )
Freaking billiard players all think they're the elite, the golden idol everyone should bow down to. I wish I had a nickel for every asshole billiard player I've met.
Of course, you have the only answer. People like you make me want to get violent. I'm gonna go self medicate before I drive south to kick someone's ass in front of their neighbors.
The only shot. Two words... and they aren't " happy birthday".

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
" there is no other shot" How ****ing arrogant are you ???? My shot wins the game, too. I don't go saying that MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY. Or are you going to suggest that I might miss. I suggest the same to you, what if you miss? Oh, you never miss. You're perfect. With the exception of spelling. ( and your spelling really does suck )
Freaking billiard players all think they're the elite, the golden idol everyone should bow down to. I wish I had a nickel for every asshole billiard player I've met.
Of course, you have the only answer. People like you make me want to get violent. I'm gonna go self medicate before I drive south to kick someone's ass in front of their neighbors.
The only shot. Two words... and they aren't " happy birthday".

I guess for being EXTREMELY IGNORANT, your all right! :lol:lol:lol

Post a video, so WE can ALL be enlightened, that's ALL YOU have to DO, SIR! :D

Your right, the BEST thing YOU can do, "fire up"!

TomRoden

Verified Member
does the word

does the word

Megalomaniac. you must get tired of people calling you that.
and I did that without spellcheck.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Cool shot. I would not have considered it.

I was thinking double kissing the 13 to the one. Hit 12 full into 13.

Your shot looks easier. Thanks.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Cool shot. I would not have considered it.

I was thinking double kissing the 13 to the one. Hit 12 full into 13.

Your shot looks easier. Thanks.

It is EASY, 3rail, it's just KNOWING it and KNOWING HOW to execute it!

It does though, take a SPECIAL TECHNIQUE involving the stroke!

John Brumback

Verified Member
So, Here's the original diagram in Post #1.

View attachment 10694

And Here's a diagram providing a solution to the problem! Again, PLEASE excuse my poor excuse for a curve on the CB!

View attachment 10695

And finally, here's photos of the position of balls on the table, and a video of me making the shot from the diagram in post #1!

View attachment 10696

View attachment 10697

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CfbsCzVys

The ENTIRE SECRET to this type of EXTREME effect cushion first, is, "THE CORRECT ANGLE INTO THE 1ST CUSHION!"

That really aint a bad shot.....I used to practice that kind of stuff with Mike Massey.Not as hard as it looks. Short bridge,short stroke of course and real low left...medium speed. It'll hook right in there. John B.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
That really aint a bad shot.....I used to practice that kind of stuff with Mike Massey.Not as hard as it looks. Short bridge,short stroke of course and real low left...medium speed. It'll hook right in there. John B.

CORRECT ON ALL COUNTS, JOHN! Mike spent some time with me in Chicago, years ago. We kicked around, (NO punned intended) MANY aspects of stroke and systems, along with my old friend Grady! A good time was had by ALL!

Actually John, with a slower speed and perfect stroke, the CB will REALLY make a MORE dramatic curve towards the 1 ball.

Last edited:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I like to shoot further to the right and fully load the CB with draw and left (hit it at around 4:30 at the edge of a miscue) and watch it slip and slide.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I like to shoot further to the right and fully load the CB with draw and left (hit it at around 4:30 at the edge of a miscue) and watch it slip and slide.

Here's the diagram, showing the AIM and the ENGLISH to apply.

View attachment 10703

On a NEW cloth this shot is a little tougher, on a OLD cloth a little easier.

The table I shot the video today has a cloth that is about 2.5 months old

Last edited: