palmer /efren #2

keoneyo

Verified Member
A simple shot would be to feather the 6 and put Efren on the top rail.
Providing nothings dead in the stack for Effie.
The aggressive shot would be to shoot the red ball into the stack off the orange.
Providing the rock can clear the 9 underneath and go up on the long rail on Efrens side.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
palmer /efren #2

thin the 6 and go two rails into the stack.

When I played Jtompilot, he hit this shot on me beautifully (it was off the 1 by the side, but same difference). It was an excellent and effective shot.

The aggressive shot would be to shoot the red ball into the stack off the orange.

Providing the rock can clear the 9 underneath and go up on the long rail on Efrens side.

I, however, would likely shoot Keyone's aggressive shot because I think I can get the cue past the 9 and into safety on the other side of the stack.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, whaddayaknow...here's my 3-railer from the other day again...3 rail the 6 (the striped ball is not in the way) - stun-draw the cueball over to Efren's long rail, before the side pocket, and back over for shape on the striped ball along Billy's rail...gin...:)

- Ghost

PS, And it's a free shot - nothing in the stack goes in Efren's pocket...just don't miss the 3-railer way long and send it into the stack...:heh

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
When I played Jtompilot, he hit this shot on me beautifully (it was off the 1 by the side, but same difference). It was an excellent and effective shot.

I, however, would likely shoot Keyone's aggressive shot because I think I can get the cue past the 9 and into safety on the other side of the stack.

I like it too if, as he says, the CB can slip past the 9. That's the part of the shot that made me choose otherwise.

keoneyo

Verified Member
For me the problem with the 9 ball is you have to cut it thin to avoid the kiss. Consequently I, and I stress I, would have trouble controlling the rock. Possibly leaving it exposed or too high up allowing my opponent too many options.
With the red ball you can hit it square on. Almost full. Cause a lot of damage and have whitey behind the stack.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Shot one like this today, no too tough after you get comfortable with them. 2:30:clock English and let'er rip.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
I like this shot Rod. The only reason I like going under the 9 is that if youre off a hair you kick that 9 towards your opponents hole. But if I could shoot the shot like you diagrammed It would be my choice.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
palmer /efren #2

Shot one like this today, no too tough after you get comfortable with them. 2:30:clock English and let'er rip.
Rod.

I like this shot Rod. The only reason I like going under the 9 is that if youre off a hair you kick that 9 towards your opponents hole. But if I could shoot the shot like you diagrammed It would be my choice.

Forgive me Keone. I didn't read your shot clearly the first time. This (Rods diagram) is the shot that I was advocating.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Well, whaddayaknow...here's my 3-railer from the other day again...3 rail the 6 (the striped ball is not in the way) - stun-draw the cueball over to Efren's long rail, before the side pocket, and back over for shape on the striped ball along Billy's rail...gin...:)

- Ghost

PS, And it's a free shot - nothing in the stack goes in Efren's pocket...just don't miss the 3-railer way long and send it into the stack...:heh

For that matter, Ghost, 2-rail the six with a loaded ball to head uptable, right? (Late edit: that could scratch in the side one rail). I like thinning the 6 and going two rails at the HUGE target that is the side of the stack - the 7 into the stack doesn't look like the speed will lay to make much of a splash. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

- Ghost

here is ghost shot at his request
gg2.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks like you have enough room to just bank the nine ball and move the cue ball safe.

or bank it into the orange ball as said but the lower side of it as you have alot of angle to deal with if you go to the high side of the orange ball.

a shot worth knowing that doesnt work perfectly here as you dont have a good place to leave the cue ball is to three rail the ball high up and two rail the six back to your hole. and that isnt a circus shot but a very doable one.

as beatle said you cant get the cue bal in a good spot as it lies in this layout but here is the gist of his shot to keep in the memory bank
thanks beatle
bb1.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm with Beatle on this one. Bank the 9 with stun (might even go). The CB goes up behind the stack. There's no kiss. Now the opponent has a problem.:)

I'd also be inclined to take Frank's or Rod's shot, but sometimes something leaks out for the other guy.:mad:

~Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
I would go rail first off the end rail and bank the 9 ball at my pocket. If it goes I might get out. If not I am in a very good position.

This type of kick bank is easy to calculate.

Bill S.