just for fun check this out

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Jeff died a few years ago, Jeff was a cool guy who religiously practiced trick shots and was determined to design one that would be the 'Grand Daddy" of trick shots..and he did.

I believe he actually performed this shot at the Billiard Cafe in Chicago, at least this is where I remember him setting it up. For hours he would continuously set this trick shot up until he made it. His camera was always running in hopes that he would capture on film the greatest trick shot ever, which he did. R.I.P. Jeff.;)

Bill Incardona

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Jeff died a few years ago, Jeff was a cool guy who religiously practiced trick shots and was determined to design one that would be the 'Grand Daddy" of trick shots..and he did.

I believe he actually performed this shot at the Billiard Cafe in Chicago, at least this is where I remember him setting it up. For hours he would continuously set this trick shot up until he made it. His camera was always running in hopes that he would capture on film the greatest trick shot ever, which he did. R.I.P. Jeff.;)

Bill Incardona

Yes, His wife got those together and posted them up in here back after he passed away. One of the most incredible things I've ever seen on a pool table.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm as astonished as I was when Mrs. Gates first provided us a link for these shots! I love the way the CB jumps up, then squats. Jeff would have been a guy you'd want to break a 10 ball rack for you!

~Doc

frmn

Verified Member
when the balls come out of the pockets in reverse motion it reminds me of the skeleton soldiers coming out of the ground in Jason and the Argonauts.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Jeff Gates was a good friend of mine for many years - we played a lot of One Pocket against each other, and we also played in a lot of One Pocket partners games. He was a good guy, and also a bit eccentric and a real character.

It was at Chris’s Billiards, not the Billiard Café where Jeff practiced and perfected his epic ‘pocketing 32 balls on one shot’ trick shot…and Hardmix/Ben, no, as a matter of fact it took Jeff not much time at all to set up his shot, and here’s why…

First of all, Jeff (who btw had some pretty good engineering skills) designed and built his own wooden templates to set the balls in so that they would be arranged in the exact same appropriate way every time…then secondly, so that the table conditions would stay exactly the same, Jeff actually rented one of the tables at Chris’s as his own private table – it was kept covered always, and only Jeff could use that table.

As time went by, everybody would wander back to the back room every so often to sweat Jeff practicing his shot. That shot was a sight to see.

I’m sure Jeff is still practicing his shot up there, maybe with Freddy sweating it.

RIP my brothers, Ghost

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Thats cool, seeing this and the story on him several years ago i always wondered about the setup time. I didn't know he had templates or even heard of templates for trick shot setups. What dedication this man had.